Ratings for Dr. Steven S. Goldberg

Dr. Steven S. Goldberg operated on my right shoulder two months ago and I will be forever grateful for his wonderful surgical skill, as well as his kind and caring bedside manner. After having unsuccessful surgery for shoulder pain, by another orthopedic surgeon in the area, and seeing yet another who informed me that he could not help me, I feel extremely fortunate to have had Dr. Goldberg take care of me. Dr. Goldberg found that, not only did I have a piece of cartilage trapped within the fibers of my biceps tendon (not able to be seen on an MRI) which he removed, but also that the biceps tendon needed anchoring to the bone and he proceeded to do that. I am a retired Registered Nurse and having worked with and known many physicians, I feel I can say Dr. Steven Goldberg is among the best.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

Had rotator cuff surgery in 2014 and experienced continued pain. Each time I was examined I was effectively given the brush off and finally prescribed 600mg Ibuprofen three times daily for a month, which I found alarming. Got a second opinion, and was told after a simple examination that my lack of strength in the arm indicated a surgical failure, confirmed immediately by a scan and x Ray. Had revision surgery which was a complete success. I should have been much more careful in selecting a Surgeon because the second was far more caring and clearly competent.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

I had a tripping accident in Sebring. Ours friends are Phyical and Occupational therapists in Fort Myers. Since I am from Indiana and knew nobody, they took care of all arrangements Dr Goldberg took care of me personally as a favor to our friends. I had a torn quad tendon. A real bear for someone almost 59 years old. The first measurement that was done on my flexibility was 107 degrees. Three months late I am now at 131. I cannot thank Dr Goldberg enough for all that he and his staff did to help me get on the road to recovery

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

After recommendations from my family doctor and a friend who is a physical therapist and patient of Dr. Goldgerg's, I chose to have him be the one to operate on my shoulder. He did an x-ray and an ultrasosund to discover a bone spur and a tear in my rotator cuff. It was decided that the low battery in my pacemaker should be replaced a month before surgery so he gave me a shot to ease the pain in my shoulder and made sure that a date was set that would work with that schedule. The surgery was totally successful and my therapy started the same day as my one week checkup. Dr. Goldberg, with his expertise and friendly personality, combined with his staff and my therapist Donna Witkowski made a great team that I would highly recommend. Thank you, Dr. Goldberg for this positive experience. Douglas Wainscott

flag | Submitted February 14, 2014

Dr Goldberg performed a total shoulder replacement on my right shoulder. Following the surgery I was fortunate to have minimal pain(at most a 4 on a scale of 10) and now I have full use of my right arm and I am able to play golf and sleep without pain. Dr Goldberg was very knowledgeable and I would only go to him for any shoulder related problem.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2013

Had rotator cuff surgery. Had two tears so the procedure was rather complicated. Dr. Goldberg did a great job and 2 years later I am playing golf better than ever.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2013

Your search for a orthopedic surgeon is over. Dr. Goldberg is the best in Naples, Florida. He spends as much time with his patients as they need, answering all questions. All staff members are respectful and professional. I went to Dr. goldberg for a second opinion on my damaged shoulder, due to his experience and knowledge I ended up using him instead of the first doctor I saw.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2012

Dr Goldberg spent as much time as I needed and answered many questions, so I felt comfortable with having him do the necessary surgery on my shoulder. It was a good decision on my part for the surgery he did was so exceptional that my recovery was quicker and easier than I thought it would be. The therapists who helped me regain full use of my arm and shoulder were quick to tell me that Dr Goldberg was an extremely talented surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2012

I am a retired teacher who is fit and very active.I tor the rotator cuff of my shoulder and had a high level of concern about surgery.Dr.Goldberg had a sincere care for my welfare and took the time to develop a capsule of my personality/lifestyle.As and educator with a PhD in administration and training teachers,I was impressed with my care.Dr.Goldberg took the time to outline my condition and what he would do to resolve it.I felt so comfortable with his skill set that I entered surgery with tremendous confidence about the outcome.The physical therapist I was fortunate to have at the hospital was an extension of Dr. Goldberg.She knew his strategies and charted a course of rehabilitation that got me back to normal.Being an active person,I'm blessed to have been able to experience such a wonderful TEAM to repair my shoulder and get me back to enjoying my lifestyle.As an educator,I grade Dr. Goldberg with an A+. Dr. Goldberg,,I salute you.Many thanks,Stash Pawlinski

flag | Submitted May 29, 2012

I am a 73 year old male. Dr. Goldberg performed rotator cuff surgery on me in March 2012, for a severe rupture where the tendon had torn off the bone. He did a wonderful job!! Very little pain post-surgery. I started PT 5 days post-surgery. Many friends told me the recovery would be absolutely horrible. They were wrong – the right surgeon and the right PT people (recommended by Dr. Goldberg) have made recovery basically pain free and faster than I could have imagined. It is only seven weeks post-surgery now and I realize I have a lot more rehab in front of me, but I feel great and see progress every day, thanks to Dr. Goldberg.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2012