You may also like

Dr murdoch performed a procedure on me today and made me feel at ease. He even went above and beyond by removing a cyst instead of just draining it. He has wonderful bedside manner and treats the other staff with respect. He's a very kind man.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

Dr Murdoch is very Jovial and knowledgeable. He made me feel right at ease. I just had surgery and the service during my stay at the Dartmouth General was excellent

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

flag | Submitted January 30, 2016

We Knew Dr. Murdock when he was first out of medical school and before he became a surgeon. Glad to see all favourable comments on Dr. J Murdock . he was very good as a family doctor and I see he has kept his good sense of humour and personality.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

It was a pleasure to meet Dr. Murdock for the first time and feel so at ease. His manner is pleasant and unrushed. He gave me lots of advice about how to manage my condition. Thanks, Dr. Murdock.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

In 2013-14 I started being checked over for issues i have been having for years but became more more severe..after seeing my regular DR i was sent a paper from Dr. Murdock..low and behold it was the same Dr. Murdock who was my family Dr. many years ago. I loved and trusted him then.. so suddenly the fear of my upcoming bowel surgery was a bit less..Dr Murdock was nothing but professional and he sure knows his stuff! He has a gold star from me!!!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

Dr Murdoch saved my life. I had a severe bleeding episode and if it wasn't for Dr Murdoch and his knowledge I would have died. Anyone who can take you to the OR three times in one week and bring you back again is the best surgeon around. I trust him completely and would never hesitate to see him again for a surgical procedure. After working in health care for 35 years there is no one else I would let operate on me.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2015

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

When I first discovered I needed to have surgery for a pilonidal sinus issue, I was a bit freaked out. In fact after three emergency room visits I went to see a surgeon to discuss my options. This surgeon (whom I will not name) was not good at making me feel comfortable, only told me the negatives; which in turn freaked me out and I cancelled the surgery. Then after another 3 visits to the emergency room I went to see Dr. Murdoch, he made me feel comfortable and confident in what had to be done. So I scheduled the surgery with him; after another visit to the emergency room it was decided my surgery needed to be bumped up by a month, which was very scary to me as it was a very invasive surgery that would have me in bed for several months. Dr. Murdoch made me feel as comfortable as possible before and after the procedure, answered all of my questions and made sure to do regular check ups in to ensure proper healing. He's saved me from years of pain and constant emergency room visits and for that I am forever grateful!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

I doubt that his type of personality & caring can be taught but if it could be done, we wouldn't have so many irate, unhappy & dissatisfied patients. He has the full package of surgical expertise, which is important, but most of all he knows how to relate to people & is genuine. That can't be faked. Most Drs who have practiced as long as he has, have developed an "Us versus Them " mentality. Dr Murdoch seemed to have missed that class so just goes with his authentic, kind self! A treasure. I've only had one surgery done by him but should I need another & if it's in his area, I'd wait for his schedule to free up.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

Dr. John Murdoch's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr murdoch performed a procedure on me today and made me feel at ease. He even went above and beyond by removing a cyst instead of just draining it. He has wond..."

February 4, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Murdoch is very Jovial and knowledgeable. He made me feel right at ease. I just had surgery and the service during my stay at the Dartmouth General was excel..."

February 3, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He does my surgery in a week. At my appointment he was very courteous, knowledgeable,and kind"

January 30, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "We Knew Dr. Murdock when he was first out of medical school and before he became a surgeon. Glad to see all favourable comments on Dr. J Murdock . he was very ..."

November 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "It was a pleasure to meet Dr. Murdock for the first time and feel so at ease. His manner is pleasant and unrushed. He gave me lots of advice about how to manage..."

October 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "In 2013-14 I started being checked over for issues i have been having for years but became more more severe..after seeing my regular DR i was sent a paper from ..."

August 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Murdoch saved my life. I had a severe bleeding episode and if it wasn't for Dr Murdoch and his knowledge I would have died. Anyone who can take you to the O..."

July 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "OF COURSE Dr. Murdock is #1 surgeon in the area! Thanks for the brilliant surgery and great sense of humor."

June 9, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. " When I first discovered I needed to have surgery for a pilonidal sinus issue, I was a bit freaked out. In fact after three emergency room visits I went to se..."

April 20, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I doubt that his type of personality & caring can be taught but if it could be done, we wouldn't have so many irate, unhappy & dissatisfied patients. He has the..."

February 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "i would be wearing diapers if it wasn't for this man.thank you :)"

December 18, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing Doctor great wealth of knowledge ! Fantastic bedside manner, energetic and made you feel more comfortable in knowing what he having to do. Recommend thi..."

November 17, 2014
  • Last Name changed from "Murdock" to "Murdoch"

February 22, 2012