Ratings for Dr. Alfred Ernst

After having the displeasure of him being the only Doctor available for awhile all I can say is RETIRE ALREADY! He is inept 90% of the day and works far too much for his age because he is money hungry. Overtly Religious and a pervert. Asks inappropriate questions about personal life that has nothing to do with why you are there (religion, sexual etc). Dangerously inept when dealing with mefications that he feels you don't have to be on even if a specialist put you on it years ago. He will take you off of meds that are dangerous to stop abruptly as he "gets people off of drugs, doesn't get/keep you on them". Pushes ssri and snri (amitryptaline is his go to) for nearly everything. Please someone revoke his license. Maybe at one time he was competent, but that was about 20 years ago.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

He told me was I was going to bleed to death in labor; forced me to go to Rosetown to give labor and then when I got there I had to be ambulanced to Saskatoon because there was nothing they could do for me in Rosetown. I would have just drove to Saskatoon in the first place it wasn't for him lying to me about going to Rosetown. Rude, unethical, would never recommend this Dr. to anyone. If you google his name you will also find that he has been reprimanded for his actions and forced to take an ethical course for his unprofessional behaviour.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

If you go to Dr. Ernst you know you are going to get a proper examination. He has successfully diagnosed and treated my young boys for their upper respiratory infections every time. After following their healthcare and reoccurring urti's referred us to a really great specialist who diagnosed them with viral induced asthma. Dr. Ernst is quick, practical and to the point. The best GP's are the ones who know what specialists you need to go to and refer their patients on when it's appropriate. That's Dr. Ernst. Very caring and careful. My boys are never afraid to go to the doctor.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

I went to the Dr for what turned out to be a yeast infection. Dr Earnst told me that it was very important that my girlfriend come in to see him for an exam. He had us both tested for stds. She went in for a full exam as well. I returned to him to get the results. He made comments to me about my girlfriend and her attractiveness. In the end I found out that the problem was a yeast infection. How could a Dr mistake a yeast infection for a std? He mislead me, didn't treat this properly, made me come for unnecessary appointments, and mislead me in order to give a full exam to a female for no reason. Dr earnst has absolutely no respect for patients time, he puts his own financial goals ahead of his patients needs, and his morals I would suggest are borderline illegal! Not only am I amazed that this man is able to practice medicine, I'm surprised he is not in jail.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2015

This perverted old codger takes advantage of society's blind respect for doctors and the vulnerability of children, to misuse his power, behave inappropriately, and unethically. I don't care how many years you've spent in school or how many people you've helped, according to the surmounting commentary about your malpractice and my own experience as a teenager, you're hurting more people than your help is worth. Please retire and reflect on your behaviour.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2015

I have had a lot of experience with doctor Ernst due to having many medical problems and the ability to trip over air. I have not had good experiences with him. He is forgetful, rude, self righteous and money hungry. Both me and my mother have had countless problems with him. My two most recent are - 1. I got blood work done (allot of it ) to test for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. It has been over a month and I haven't heard back from him. Called his office and his secretary said she'd leave him a reminder. Still nothing. 2. Due to the same problem as before, he told me I would need a full pelvic exam. Now, at 15 I felt very uncomfortable with this but kind of just went with it. However, I asked my mother to stay in the room and he told her that it would best best if she stepped out. While doing the exam, he was very rough, inquired about my sexual activity (even though I have told him numerous times that it doesn't exist) and he then basically told me that I was lying, and that I no longer had a hymen and therefore had engaged in a sexual activity. Uh, no. Try horseback riding. The only reason I still even go to him is that he has the ability to get you into to specialists ten times faster than other doctors. Honestly though, I don't trust him with my health care at all. He gave me ulcer treatment medication when I had extreme stomach cramps... I think they should force him to retire already. He makes girls take off their pants just to check the calf, even if the pants can roll up past the knee and proceeds to check the rest of the leg and upper/inner thigh just to be 'positive'.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

Dr Ernst needs to retire. The religious paraphenalia around the office is also rather unsettling as are his inappropriate inquiries as to your sexual and relationship history even if it has nothing to do with the visit. After he pulled me off my meds (cold turkey on meds you can seizure on from stopping abruptly) I decided to seek out another doctor. He requested a copy (My new Dr, not me) of my file, standard practice. Low and behold a week later I get a bill hand written on a PRESCRIPTION PAD from Dr Ernst for $50.00 to be made payable to HIM, not his practice and to be sent to his PERSONAL P.O Box. I am reporting him to the College of Physicians and Surgeons, he is money hungry and on a good day he is half there mentally. Please, for the love of your God retire so Rosetown can get doctors that are more in touch with today's medicine practices and prescriptions that are not archaeic- Amitryptaline should not be prescribed for EVERYTHING.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2013