Ratings for Dr. S Shams

I have been a patient of Dr Shams for over a decade. He delivered both of my children. Every time I visit his office, he is extremely helpful, and answers all of my questions. He has so much knowledge about his specialty, that I feel reassured and feel great afterwards. Thank you doctor, and hopefully you will continue to practice medicine for a long time.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

Dr Shams est mon gynécologue depuis 2002. Il a su diagostiquer mon insuffisance thyroïdienne après mes 2 fausses couches et m'a aidée à mener une grossesse à terme sans soucis. Il est un peu sec du fait qu'il reçoit énormément de patientes, mais il est un des seuls gynécologues de cette province où on peut appeler à 17:00 et obtenir un rendez-vous la semaine suivante.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

Pour ma premiere grossesse j'avais dr shams oh et quel erreur! Impatient, ne repond pas à nos questions, mais surtout aucune organisation!! Des papiers partout il a meme melanger mes resultats avec ceux d'une autre patiente! Pour ma 2e grossesse je changé de medecin et je me sens soulager! Eloigner vous de ce docteur la!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

He was my gynecologist for 10 years. He was okay. Then I got pregnant and it all changed for the worse. He didn't seem happy to take on another pregnant patient. He told me I needed to get a trisomy 21 blood test, but never gave me the paper. Then he told me I had to do an ultrasound that woild cost 400-500 dollars. When I tried to explain to him things he would not listen. He never even sent me for an immunity test. He should not take on pregnant patients. He may have been good 30 years ago...but I am so lost as this is my first pregnancy.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

I saw Dr. Shams at St-Mary's for a colposcopy and was later diagnosed with high grade cervical dysplasia. I was treated by him for the LEEP procedure and he was very kind and gentle, and talked me through it. The LEEP treatment has a 90% success rate and I'm confident that he cleared it for me. Thank you Dr. Shams

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

Secretary and doctor are wonderful. Very human and interested in helping you.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

This is a very caring doctor he may seem confused but most certainly is not. He has delivered my 6 children and everyone I sent to him was pleased especially my sister who was diagnosed by another doctor with cysts in her ovaries was put on medication and scheduled to operate. I sent her to Dr. Shams, he took her the same day. He sent her for tests and turns out she eliminated the cysts on her own and didnt need the surgery. The other doctor never checked. Hes been following her ever since and shes fine.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

Worst gyno he is hard to reach especially at the St Mary when they never answer their phones, he is rude, he does not explain anything over all horrible

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

Worse dr ever! He has no respect for his patients and does not listen

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

Dr shams has been my gyno for over 25yrs now and I hope he doesn't retire ever . I trust him 100% and is always so kind to me and his wife/ secretary Bernadette is such a funny lady she makes me laugh and is always great to me . I will never change them unless they retire 😒

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015