Dr. Reich and his staff are fantastic! He is knowledgeable and patient. His staff is amazingly helpful and pleasant. You will have to wait for your appointment....but it is worth it!!!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

I have been a hospital pharmacist for 20 years and when I hurt my neck every healthcare professional I asked - other doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and administrators recommended I see Dr. Reich. He has not disappointed. I had a herniated disc in my neck which caused an extremely painful radiculopathy down my left arm. Dr Reich gave me an honest assessment and was patient as I attempted to rehab the injury and asked a lot of questions. Dr Reich has a great bedside manner - his sense of humor without being unproffesional really made me feel comfortable at a time when I was scared and unsure of what to do. I decided on surgery and have been pain free since the procedure. I did not experience any pain post surgery, not a single pain med taken. The scar is barely noticeable. The team at RWJ University Hospital is fantastic. The nurse practioners Diane and Shauday at the hospital are extraordinary professionals. Dr Reich's office staff are courteous and professional. Dr Reich is an amazing person and doctor - he makes the professionals around him perform optimally. I am so grateful to have been cared for by Dr Reich and his team.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

Dr. Reich performed lower back surgery on me approx. 5 years ago. Having a family history of back problems, it was my best option to eliminate the recurring low back pain I’d dealt with for many years. The initial surgery went well and without complications, and I was home the next day. After the standard 6 weeks of physical therapy I returned for my follow-up with Dr. Reich. This is where he truly shines as a doctor! His surgical skills are beyond outstanding and if ever I need further back surgery, he would be my only choice. At the follow-up, he greeted me as if I were long-lost family and made me feel like I was the most important person there. He took the time to go over my x-rays, explained exactly what he did surgically, and showed me how the healing process was progressing (bone growth, etc). He answered all of my questions, never rushing or making me feel like I had to rush through the visit. At my 5-year follow-up just recently, I was concerned that I may have hurt my back as I was experiencing low back pain. After reviewing my latest x-rays with me, he was thrilled at how well my fusions had healed and pointed out everything on the x-rays. He assured me that I did not damage anything in my spine. He took the time to explain that the pain I was feeling was caused by weakened lower back muscles. My fault entirely as I had slacked off on doing my regular back exercises. Dr. Reich took the time to show me a set of exercises that would strengthen my lower back – and Yes - he got on the floor with me and showed me how to do these exercises properly! I can’t leave out the fact that his office staff and nurses there are the nicest group of people I have ever encountered in a doctor’s office. They were helpful and pleasant and truly cared about how I was doing. I don’t have to return for another 5 years, but every chance I get I sing his praises. I have already recommended him to a few people and without hesitation would recommend him to anyone in need of back surgery.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2015

I would highly recommend Dr. Reich for not only his surgical experience, but his caring nature. Dr. Reich truly cares about his patients’ well-being which in my opinion gives him a larger stake in the outcomes of the surgeries he performs. In my specific case, I had a bulging disk at L3-L4 and a herniated disk at L4-L5 with barely any space left between the vertebrae. I battled pain for 10 years and extreme pain for the last 5 of them which became worse and worse over time. I received many injections over the past few years which had partially helped at first, but stopped being effective. For the last few years, I couldn’t bend forward more than 5% and sitting was horrible – I would lie down on the floor in my cube at work from being in so much pain. After what I used to call “blow outs” or “flare-ups” and being in extreme pain in bed for 2 weeks at a time three times within a 6 month period, I realized surgery was the next step and Dr. Reich had come highly recommended (I consulted with 4 surgeons who all suggested a 2 level spinal fusion). In September 2014 I had spinal fusion surgery done by Dr. Reich in conjunction with Dr. Haim Blecher (they typically work as a team). Both disks were removed, my spine was decompressed, spacers inserted, bone grafts done, screws and rods inserted, etc. The recovery was the most painful and difficult time, but I can honestly say within 2 months I was a new person. As I write this today, one year later, my fusion is solid and my pain at L3-L4-L5 is 100% better. You read that correctly, 100%. I just had my one year anniversary appointment and as I discussed how I felt, you could see the joy in Dr. Reich’s eyes (and mine as well). It has been an amazing journey and Dr. Reich has immensely improved my quality of life which I can now enjoy fully with my 2 little girls (ages 5 and 3). I know every case is different and not everyone will have these results, Dr. Reich is a brilliant surgeon with tons of experience and I would recommend a simple consultation if the thought back/neck of surgery ever pops into your mind.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

I want to start off by saying I am 42 years old and have been around the block with back issues for over 20 years. I had my first surgery in 1991 on L4 and L5. The surgery took the before surgery pain away but there was tolerable pain for 18 years. The pain got so bad that I could not stand anymore. I scheduled another surgery with the same dr. that performed my first surgery. At this time A dr. that my wife works with told her to take me to Dr. Reich. When I met Dr. Reich he took his time answered all questions and explained everything in great detail. He made us feel we have been friends for over 20 years. I canceled my surgery and scheduled surgery with Dr. Reich. In Sept of 2008 Dr. Reich performed my 2nd surgery. Shortly after the surgery was over I felt NO PAIN!! I realized then after seeing over 7 doctors with my back issues, just because you have a DR in front of your name does not mean you are good. Dr. Steven Reich is the exception. Dr. Reich made me pain free for the first time in over 20 years! I am an active person and hurt my back again Oct of 2014. I went to see Dr Reich and he just shook his head. He explained everything so well that I had no questions. Dr. Reich suggested physical therapy at first and did not jump into surgery. When PT did not work I was left with no options but to have my 3rd back surgery. This time it was a major back fusion surgery. I had my fusion surgery with Dr Reich in Feb of 2015. By May of this year Dr. Reich cleared me to do anything I want to do. The recovery was very fast. Again he made me PAIN FREE!! My wife also had fusion surgery with Dr. Reich for a fracture spine. She is Pain free! If you need back surgery Dr. Reich is the only choice.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

I went to Dr Reich in part because of the reviews on this site. After my experience, I am having difficulty believing the reviews are real. Lets start with something objective, punctuality. The first time I went I waited an hour and a half to see the Dr, the second time, over 45 minutes. How can he possibly have 5 stars on punctuality? I found him to be condescending. He wasted so much time trying to make analogies to my line of work, that didn't make any sense, instead of answering my questions. When I made the appointment, I asked what the charge would be because he is not in my insurance plan. When I checked out, they charged me almost twice as much. The reason - the amount of time he spent. So- I had to pay because he wasted so much time dumbing down his explanations, to the point that they made no sense.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

It will be eight weeks since Dr. Reich operated on my spine. I was in pain for a year and a half and tried chiropractics, rehabilitation therapy, swimming, and stretching. Nothing worked! I did extensive research to find the best doctor to examine my back. Dr. Reich's name kept coming up. I am now back to feeling great. All the pain I was experiencing is completely gone. I even love going to his office. He is so intelligent and caring. And funny! He spent so much time with me at each visit and LISTENED! After my surgery he was extremely attentive. He called me numerous times at home to see how I was progressing. I would not go to anyone except Dr. Reich for my back. He is a rare find. Love this man and cannot thank him enough. Pretty soon I will be back to hiking and kayaking and owe it all to Dr. Reich.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2015

Two years ago the operating on my neck C4 five and I was having all this pain in my lower back and I went to another organization and they were ready to cut my lower back I was recommended by another doctor and a nurse to go see this gentleman doctors I work at one and after a few moments x-rays yet may go get an MRIthen he told me it was my upper back my neck area after seeing the x-rays and MRIs explain the whole thing to me I went to the operation and it was very successful the operation would be about three years in May since the operation I haven't fell flat on my face this man is great I recommend him to a few people and I will not recommend the other room I have no problems and I will see this man again and again And I have to say things to the doctor the recommended them and the nurse Dr. Reichin my eyes is the best and only doctor I will use on my back after the operation outpatient I was home by 533 weeks later working on the kitchen thank you dr see you in may

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

He is such an extradinary surgeon. You may wait a little while but you will understand why once you are in the room with him discussing your medical issue. He is truly amazing.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2014

Dr. Steven M. Reich's Credentials

• A Einstein Coll Of Med Of Yeshiva Univ, Bronx Ny 10461 (Grad. 1986)

Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Reich and his staff are fantastic! He is knowledgeable and patient. His staff is amazingly helpful and pleasant. You will have to wait for your appointme..."

October 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a hospital pharmacist for 20 years and when I hurt my neck every healthcare professional I asked - other doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and administr..."

October 13, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "If you have a back problem... and want to be "FIXED" go see Dr. Reich... You WILL NOT be disappointed..... He is the "Holy Grail" of spinal doctors. "

October 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Reich performed lower back surgery on me approx. 5 years ago. Having a family history of back problems, it was my best option to eliminate the recurring low..."

September 25, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I would highly recommend Dr. Reich for not only his surgical experience, but his caring nature. Dr. Reich truly cares about his patients’ well-being which in my..."

September 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I want to start off by saying I am 42 years old and have been around the block with back issues for over 20 years. I had my first surgery in 1991 on L4 and L5...."

September 11, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I went to Dr Reich in part because of the reviews on this site. After my experience, I am having difficulty believing the reviews are real. Lets start with so..."

August 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "It will be eight weeks since Dr. Reich operated on my spine. I was in pain for a year and a half and tried chiropractics, rehabilitation therapy, swimming, and..."

May 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Two years ago the operating on my neck C4 five and I was having all this pain in my lower back and I went to another organization and they were ready to cut my ..."

February 6, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "He is such an extradinary surgeon. You may wait a little while but you will understand why once you are in the room with him discussing your medical issue. He i..."

September 14, 2014