Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey S. Muhlrad

I should have read the reviews before seeing this doctor but kind of had no choice since I was in pain and wanted to know what was wrong with my shoulder rather quickly after a recent ATV accident. Everyone was right! He was ARROGANT, CONDESCENDING AND MEAN!! He misdiagnosed me and thank God I was lucky enough to get in to see someone the next day because my shoulder was fractured! He made me do maneuvers that I clearly couldn't do because of severe pain and said "WHY NOT? xrays show nothings broken!" when in reality an MRI, which I asked him to send me for and he wouldn't, was positive for a fracture. NOT TO MENTION HE SHOULD BE RETIRED BY NOW!! patient beware!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

im going to try to get his liscence revoked and I think I will be able to file apolice report have ruining my reputation and many other doctors by turning in false information and completely lying about my condition and contradicting his own report in recent months pryor my excellent condition is causing me too much pain to be able to sleep

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

This man lacks a complete sense of professionalism and has now shown himself to be abusive, adversarial and almost maniacal in all 3 visits I've had. I was finally forced to write this review due to the manner he conducted himself during this last visit(his worst showing yet). He went out of his way to take insult and become combative due to the questions I was attempting to ask(all of 4 of them, completely related to each one of his statements) He would then interrupt me, re-ask the question to me as he interpreted it and then answer in bothered demeaning way. All while growing more and more hostile and attempting to leave(after 5 minutes of frustrated consult)he finally stepped closer to me and beared down in a very threatening posture while forcing me out the door as I said "you're the one setting the tone , theres no need to be so cantankerous and adversarial" where I then turned and walked off. I've never in my life had an experience like that with any other person, let alone my doctor. This man is a horrible asset to Stony Brook orthopedics and I can not believe they would employ such an abusive megalomaniac.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Rude, condescending, boorish and impolite. Does not answer questions and yells at and demeans his patients. I would never recommend him to others and will not return as a patient.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2014

I am appalled at Dr. Mulrad's lack of professionalism, patience, and bed-side manners! He had one foot in the door and one foot out of the door for the whole 5 minutes he spent with me. He asked me three questions and was done with my visit. I wanted to ask some questions, but he was not interested in listening and shut me down very quickly. He did not listen...AT ALL! I ended the visit by telling him "we are done here" and he left the room. I looked at his assistant and said, "ARROGANCE!!!" I then said to her, "He barely put his bleeping bleep in the chair to listen to anything I had to say!" She seemed to feel bad and apologized. I have never had an experience that made me feel so angry! I am not a "needy" patient either. It was an extremely disappointing experience.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2014

Went to Dr. Muhlrad about 25 years ago with pains in my legs,that I suffered from for years. Xray showed spinal stenosis. Dr. Muhlrad said i need surgery before is got worse. Decided to go for second opinion. My stenosis was very minor and was told there was no way I should have surgery, that my problem stems from a different problem. It turned out that I have an inherited muscle decease called Mc Cardle's. If I complied with Dr. Muhlrad suggestion it would have added an unnecessary problem on top of an already serious one

flag | Submitted May 22, 2013

Arrogant when we met he would not even look at me when I shook his hand. Spent 5 min on examine. Apparantly he gets a lot of workers comp referrels from insurance companies and doesn't care cause he's getting paid. Wouldn't send my cat their!

flag | Submitted January 21, 2013

He is the most arrogant doctor I have ever met, he talked down to me and was annoyed I had questions.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2012

Did a good job replacing my hip, but does have an arrogant way. No complaint for the job he did, but would not go back to him after telling me to come back in 3 months for a blood test to check on whether the metal parts are releasing particles in my blood stream. When I returned in 3 months then tells me it is not necessary? But took another ex-ray of the hip which was ex-rayed 3 months before? Did not like what he did so will not return to him, but try someone else.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2012

flag | Submitted March 23, 2012

Dr. Jeffrey S. Muhlrad's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)

Unicare