Ratings for Dr. Pierce J. Ferriter

I was sent to Pierce J. Ferriter’s office for an IME and noticed, immediately, how crowded the space was just to see one doctor. I was asked to fill out paperwork that took well over 30 minutes to fill out. The paperwork was very detailed which was not common for any other IME doctor I saw. I was then left to wait or almost 2 hours, causing significant extra strain on my back and the rest of my body. After the two hour wait I went in to see examiner Ferriter and he had an assistant with him who seemed to be writing everything down and looked up about once or twice during the entire exam. He asked me to stand, touched me once or twice and then concluded the exam was over after about 10 minutes; overall he seemed very nice and understanding of my situation. Unfortunately the experience in the exam room did not reflect the paperwork he submitted. There were details about my physical appearance that were falsified. The examiner said he did a series of required exams using required tools that he did not do, essentially lying under oath. His overall finding about my condition was that there was nothing wrong with me and unfortunately this had a significant effect on my medical care, leaving me to suffer with a condition for a longer amount of time than I should have. I now have additional issued that developed from an injury that could have and should have been taken care of as soon as possible, all of which I am still dealing with almost a year after the initial “exam” and will possibly last me for years. This has been a traumatic experience far beyond my initial injury. As someone who has gone through this disturbing experience, I highly recommend that ALL injured people who have future interactions with this examiner, please make sure that you have an additional person with you and that everything is video and audio recorded. Take pictures as soon as you step into the building. Have your witness write down their account of the experience and when you get home, write a detailed account of your own. Consult your lawyers before and after your exam. Please do not take these moments for granted when your health and well being are at stake. (Whatever capacity there is to bring about a lawsuit, I highly recommend it.)

flag | Submitted December 23, 2017

What a lying piece of sh***. When seeing the patient (I was with the patient at the time of the visit) he says that she definitely has a disability and that her abilities are extremely limited. Says that she needs significant care and will definitely recommend her for further treatment. After the visit, we receive the report and he writes that the patient is completely fine, there are no problems and she is in perfect health. All while the patient is barely able to move. Karma comes back around so I hope eventually he is in the same situation. I don't know how a person like that can sleep at night.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2017

How did this Dr. perform the surgeries stated in the reviews if he has no office or hospital affiliates?

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Top shelf. Restored my essential life functions. Grateful for all he did for me.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

Pierce Ferriter, M.D. (Authorization No. 145930-4B) Please be advised that the Workers' Compensation Board has temporarily suspended Pierce Ferriter, M.D.'s authorization to treat injured workers and to perform independent medical examinations in the New York State workers' compensation system effective September 27, 2012. Dr. Ferriter is prohibited from rendering treatment and care to injured workers and from performing independent medical examinations. Reports submitted by Dr. Ferriter for services rendered prior to September 27, 2012, are valid, but are invalid for any services rendered on or after that date. Requests to cross-examine Dr. Ferriter for services rendered prior to September 27, 2012, should not be denied due to the temporary suspension. (This is from the worker's compensation board who fined him $10,000 for overcharging his clients. This man is also paid underhand by companies to clear patients without conducting a thorough examination. This is basically a greedy quack doctor who doesn't care about any of his patients.)

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

This doctor is beholding to the insurance companies. He sells out and never finds anyone disabled. For measly IME check he sells out hard working individuals without any compunction

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

The negative reviews you are reading are most likely disgruntled NYC workers who feel entitled to a free disability check. Dr. Ferriter is probably one of the best spine surgeons in the world.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

flag | Submitted January 2, 2013

flag | Submitted June 22, 2012

flag | Submitted October 9, 2011

Dr. Pierce J. Ferriter's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 1975)