Ratings for Dr. Steven K. Groff

Extremely patient, informative, polite and easy to talk to. Five stars.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Groff after years of shoulder pain. He was rude and arrogant, and didn't have the time or patience to listen. Though I never even mentioned it, he began shouting that there was no surgery to fix me, except for one procedure that probably wouldn't work and he wouldn't do anyway. I told him I didn't want surgery, but an explanation of what was wrong would have been a good start. Laughing under his breath he finally, if not reluctantly, did a couple shoulder movements and told me that my shoulders subluxate(partially dislocate), a fact I already knew. He sneered saying, "well,if it hurts when you do that,don't do that. You'll just have to deal with it. Try some advil." I explained that my doctor already told me to try rest,heat or ice,and,yes,advil. I came to him because they weren't helping and I was concerned about nerve damage. He suggested I see someone else then he stormed out,slamming the door. That's what $150 got me. I will NEVER be in his care again.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2008

Dr. Steven K. Groff's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Kaiser-Permanente