Ratings for Dr. Lorne Straza

Yo estaba embarazada y me dio un antibiótico y cuando llegue a la farmacia la señora me dijo q no lo tomará por q podía nacer mi be e con pulmones muy pequeños. Yo le dije al doctor straza y a el no le importó. Es lo peor el

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

I wish he didnt leave his practice. Its so hard finding a doctor these days ): If your reading this doc please start a practice and let m where u e ((+:

flag | Submitted June 18, 2017

Great doctor, I have been seeing him for about 5 years now and no complaints. I do not understand some of the ratings as he has always had time for me. If I asked to see a specialist he would set it up. No problems at all. Best doctor ever!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

The worst doctor who misdiagnosed me and does a 1 min checkup on you and leaves the room. Can't believe this person is even a doctor. Stay away from this one if you want to be alive.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Straza for almost 10 years, with multiple mis-diagnosis, hospitals not testing me, and doctors not testing me, he was the first one to send me for many, many scans and referrals for a disease I have that finally gave me some answers. I truly couldn't be more grateful for having him as a GP.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Straza for about 10 years. Dr. Staza has proven to be a very understanding and compassionate individual, a true friend. Although he is kept very busy with walk-in patients, he always takes the time to get to the bottom of the issue. Several years ago I was in a dispute with WCB regarding a long-term serious injury. The WCB tried to dismiss and/or trivialize my claims often taking input provided by specialists and other health care professionals out of context. It took the better part of 5 years of adjudication and appeals to resolve my claim, when finally decisions regarding my issues were awarded in my favour. I feel very fortunate Dr. Straza was there to help me when I needed it, especially when many family doctors are turning WCB patients away due to the paperwork that WCB demands. I feel immense gratitude toward Dr. Straza, for a debt I can never repay. Dr. Straza, again I thank you for your support, compassion, and upbeat outlook which goes a long way when patients come in and aren’t at their best due to their injuries or illness. I truly wish you the best and recommend you for anyone in need of a family physician.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

I have decided to put my name on this just in case straza reads his own reviews he will know my name and what he did. My name is Mike McNabb. I first met "dr" straza at 23 when I was injured on a oil rig. I had never seen him before but had a family member that seen him for a few years. It's a long story but the short of it.... He diagnosed me with a compacted disk . And set me up with physiotherapy, then wrote me a script for OxyContin 40mg.... He sent my X-ray to a back specialist . I ha to go see him once a week to get my 30 OxyContin a week. A few weeks went by my X-rays came back 100% ok.... Of which "dr" straza disagreed with. Over several months of taking oxy he decided to up my pain meds to 30 oxy 80s a week. I was in pain perhaps I was a bit dramtic about the extent of the pain. I was 23 old kid who was in pain. From a pitched nerve . He gave me 30 oxy 80s for 6 months. I didn't need them after the second month but by then I was so hooked I drop out of life . I was a 100 % needle user by the end of the eight months . "Dr" straza never knew never cared and just kept giver them..... He once wrote me a script for 100 oxy 80's remember. This was for a pitched nerve .... This all sent me into 10 years of addiction.....now years later I Know what oxy is . My question is why didn't he care he was a doctor he knew what he was giving me at 23 ....I should have never had thos pills ever i do taken share of the blame but mr straza canada is a better place that u were asked to retire I was involved on making that happen.....it was either he didn't know or didn't care...... How everyone that Knew me knew it turned into a problem but a the doctor never had a clue that he wast giving me vitamins....lol..... It's been a few years now and doing ok...but I lost ten years of my life , overdosed, homeless, sticking needles in my arm. I know one thing if I ever see him on the streets only one of us will walk away.... Take that to the bank "dr" straza just to show u how serious I am my names at the top...... I take 50% or the responsibility he's taking the other 50.... Not to mention the tens of thousands of dollars I have cost the health care the goverment has spent on me ..... Rehabs , detoxes, over does which was a month in the hospital . I could go on and on..... He was a bad doctor. A ok guy but a bad doctor.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

I didn't get more than a minute of his time before he left the room. Only good thing about this doctor is that he runs through patients quickly. I understand that he has a lot of patients to tend to, but that had to be the worst doctor I've seen. Upon sharing my questions and concerns, he answered me from the hallway and didn't show any effort to help me. Unless you just want a quick prescription, I do NOT recommend this doctor. I've never felt so disappointed.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2015

Love this doctor. Best in Canada! I've been seeing Dr. Straza for a number of years and completely satisfied! Top notch.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2015

This man saved my life in 2010!! I can not say enough about Dr.Straza and really wish he was still practicing.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014