Ratings for Dr. Bruno Leblanc

He is no longer doing exams at the hospital since approximately 1 year, my husband was supposed to see him every 3 months, today he saw another urologist Dr. Abdo and was told that he would have to be operated again, our medical system is the pits and we are loosing our men faster that we can count, if they are not interested in b eing doctors why go through the movements only to disappoint your clients.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

Please get another referral, don't stop at his doorstep. Don't be fooled by his charm I've been followed by Dr. Leblanc for six years for my prostate and I thought I was in good hands been followed every 6 months. At the time he NEVER gave me options except for hormonal pills to be taken daily. He had never advised me that this treatment will only mask the problem for so many years and it will then stop to work after such a long period of consumption...I've been on these pills for six years. The risk of this hormonal pill treatment when it stops working, is that the cancer will spread like wildfire and will be life-threatening. What bothers me the most is that had never given me a choice. I figured he is a doctor and he knows what is best for his patient...so I thought!! When my PSA drastically shot up from 15 to 24 he decided to have me do a biopsy...the waiting list was too long so I decided to go private. The doctor who consulted me was surprised that with this high level there was no consultation for a bone scan... this other doctor decided to send him to do a bone scan along with the biopsy (basically doing Leblanc's JOB). The results from the biopsy was shocking, I had the highest Gleason score 10 (level 5) within a one year follow up and there was a dark image on my bone scan of the T12. On the results it had mentioned that it was alarming and needed to be followed up for further investigation withing 3 to 4 months, along with the procedure of treatments and PSA results. I wasn't happy with this news...seeing that it was urgent, I had asked to see Leblanc asap because of the alarming results thinking the secretary would do her best to allow me to see him...she scheduled my appointment 3 weeks after. I had returned to Leblanc for the results and he advised to me that the prostate cancer was very high but curable. He had told him that he would do a hormonal treatment that will allow the cancer to shrink and take care of the problem....THIS WAS ALL BULL.... I made up my mind that this doctor is giving me the death sentence....he never mentioned to me about the bone scan seeing a concern if the cancer had spread to the bone.. I was lucky enough to see another specialist thanks to my daughter-in-law who she herself has her dad going through the same thing as I but with a much better prognosis. His Radiation Oncologist has taken me right away after hearing what I was going through with Leblanc and has been getting other tests done for me to see if I have a chance to do radiation treatments. Before he can give me any hope , I will need to do another scan of the bone to see if it hasn't metastasized. If it wasn't for private services, I would still be awaiting a biopsy done through their system...this all happened in April and it is June! I beg you, inform yourselves when it comes to prostate issues of the medication you are taking...research on the internet what are the side affects for long term consumption...do your homework, become your own advocate...find a better doctor if they don't give you choices. The oncologist was blown away from what Leblanc has done...he couldn't grasp the reason why he had not tried to help me with other means, especially if I was in good health to have a procedure of removal done at the time I first saw him...I'm guessing he prefers to get a cut on the prescription drugs or just does like my face...I don't know. It seems like they can't be bothered, including his staff. At least he is good with his punctuality!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

After reading these comments, I was apprehensive about going to see Dr Leblanc. I spoke with my family Dr, and he recommended Dr Leblanc as being a very good Urologist. I kept my appointment, and was pleasantly surprised. Dr Leblanc is professional, answered all my questions, and told me to call for a 6 month follow-up. Will keep him as my Urologist.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

très insatisfait du dr j'aurais du changer de doc la 1ère fois que je l,ai rencontré empathie0 vitesse de rendez-vous très rapide renseignements 0 opéré d'un cancer de la prostate le doc a enlevé la prostate au complet .pourtant cette opération aurait sans doute pu être évitée si le doc avait fait un suivi au 2 ou 3 mois car déjà j' avait des signe de cancer l'an passé mais le doc à attendu 1 an avant de faire repasser des prises sang qui on déterminé un cancer agressif dont aucun soin n,aurait pu venir à bout .Pour ce qui a trait aux examens demandés après le diagnostique tout c'est passé très vite car j'ai recu le diagnostique le 25 mars et ai été opéré le 19 avril le reproche au docteur c'est plus le fait qu'il ait oublié sa visite le lendemain de l'op et qu'il n'ai pas retourné les 5 appels des infirmières . recu mon congé par téléphonne et les questions devront attendre le 29 4 gros merci aux personnel souriant de l'hopital st-jérome chambe 671

flag | Submitted April 21, 2011

This doctor is the best!!! I do not understand the ratings in here because it does not correspond at all to my experience. From the beginning he has been most helpful, knowledgeable and caring. I was suffering from a prostate cancer and I went through all the steps to a radical prostatectomy which he performed brilliantly and successfully and I am now, a few months later, in excellent shape. I strongly recommend this doctor without any hesitation... he has always listened to what I had to say and has fully replied to my questions and my wife's as well, like he had nothing else to do... If there was a higher rate than 5, I would give it to him... like I said in the beginning, he is the best...

flag | Submitted July 7, 2010

Je n'aie pas du tout aimé ce médecin aucun sourire il avait l'air écoeuré de sa journée je me suis sentie très mal en sa présence et il n est pas question qu'il me fasse passer un examen il devrait etre vétérinaire comme ca c'est patient ne pourrais rien dire.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2010

Je suis allé le voir pour une vasctomie et il a été très gentils, courtois et rapide. L'opération a prise 10 min et on à jasé de tout et de rien, je l'ai même trouvé bavard !!! Certe je ne suis pas un client pris du cancer de la prostate mais pour une vasectomie il merite un bon 10 sur 10.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2009

un medecin qui répond pourqoi tu vien me voir moi je suis chirugien et sa arrive 'avoir mal??? il est pas a sa place chikicik$$$

flag | Submitted September 23, 2009

I don't have a problem with Bruno. The fact that my last two vasectomies were unsuccesful is disappointing.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2009

Si il y avait la possibilité de mettre de moins je le ferai. Pour ma part il n'est pas dans la bonne profession. Je le verrais plutot faire les trous beignes chez Dunkin pas chez Tim car c'est là que je vais! Sauvez vous de ce medecin car lui ne vous sauveras pas!

flag | Submitted May 8, 2009