Ratings for Dr. Alejandro Quiroz

Several procedures with Dr. Quiroz at CosMed, all with less than satisfactory results. Every procedure required revisions to "fix" uneven results with no warning that multiple revisions on the stomach can cause permanent, painful scar tissue. My last procedure should have been a simple revision to remove lumpy scar tissue and I got a serious infection that left me with a very large portion of my stomach having to be removed. I made multiple calls to CosMed's business manager and the doctor and finally got a call back diagnosing me over the phone with a buried stitch. My stomach is a mass of uneven scar tissue and I suffer from chronic pain due to adhesions. One of the procedures I had (reverse tummy tuck) was completely unecessary and cost over $7000 plus revisions. I requested my medical records several times as well as the legal document I signed stating my rights as a patient in Mexico but was never given these documents. Think twice before having surgery at CosMed.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2013

Dr.Q. is inconsistent in his results. My implants were contracting on one side and he removed them but made the scar very crooked and too low. I don't know what to do so haven't done anything. Just have to live with my disfigurement. He also made 2 scars on my midneck where he cauterized after my cord repair. The scars are very obvious. I will repair when I can afford it.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2008

Dr. Alejandro Quiroz's Credentials

• Univ La Salle, Esc Mexicana De Med, Mexico Df, Mexico (Grad. 1976)

HealthFirst