Ratings for Dr. J. Timothy Katzen

My husband met me before weight loss surgery and has been supportive regardless of my weight. I had weight loss surgery and ended up with sagging skin all over. I ended up having a tummy tuck, breast lift and breast augmentation. Now, my husband can't stop giving my compliments on how great I look. He's a big fan of Dr. Katzen as well as I am.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

Dr. Katzen is an artist and skilled surgeon. He and his office staff are always very courteous and helpful. I am very happy with my results.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

After losing over 100 pounds, I worked out to try and tone my body but it didn't quite work out as I hoped for it to be. I went to Dr. Katzen for a butt and thigh lift. He's a skilled surgeon and is so very kind.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

I am very please with my plastic surgery results. Dr. Katzen is so amazing. He has a great bedside manner and really truly cares for his patients.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

Before weight loss, I wore a 4X top and 34 bottoms. After losing weight and having plastic reconstructive surgery, I am now in a size 1 or 3 from the juniors department and size small top. For the first time in 30 years, I am in a bikini and I feel great in it. Dr. Katzen is the best doctor I could ask for! He is caring and never treats any of his patients like just another paycheck as some doctors do.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

Dr. Katzen is an amazing, talented, experienced and compassionate surgeon; I trust him implicitly and would highly recommend him to friends and/or family.  :-)

He truly has it all: He's incredibly kind, patient and compassionate, and he has a LOT of experience in this specific field; he's an expert at what he does.  He's meticulous about his surgeries; he pays attention to detail and it makes all the difference in the world.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

Dr. Katzen is fabulous! He did such a great job on my abdominoplasty, my tummy is tight! He has such a great bedside manner and was always there for me. I have recommended many people to Dr. Katzen and will continue to do so!! Someday I hope to go back to him and have other procedures done too! Thanks so much for EVERYTHING!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

The excess skin that I was left with after losing over 100 pounds was a problem for me.  I researched many doctors and even went to a consultation with another highly recommended surgeon before selecting Dr. Katzen to complete my body transformation.  From the very first visit, he put me at ease.  He explained his approach to removing skin and contouring my body areas in clear understandable terms.  Every question I had was taken seriously and answered to my satisfaction.  He planned to do in 3 surgeries what the other surgeon told me would take 5 and provided me with realistic expectations about each of the procedures.  His caring, professional demeanor erased the nervousness that I had and his surgical skill has delivered more than I ever hoped for.  His safe and healthy approach to planning and executing my reconstructive surgeries have made this a successful experience for me.  I have recovered and healed well after each of my surgeries and am beyond happy with my results.      Dr. Katzen has many patients and the special ability to make you feel like you are his top priority.  He is available, attentive, capable and caring.  Dr. Katzen and his warm and caring staff have taken excellent care of me throughout this process and I love them all.  Thank you Dr. Katzen!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

I first met Dr. Katzen about three years ago while working at a hospital. I have always been a very modest person and was very nervous about my appointment. I was amazed at how Dr. Katzen made me feel so comfortable. I truly never expected to be treated as well as he treated me, as he does all his patients. He does not make you feel rushed or hurried as some Dr.’s do. He listens and takes everything you have to say under great consideration. He listens to your fears and addresses them. Not to mention he has the best bedside manner and never makes you feel abnormal. Dr. Katzen has performed several procedures on me; Breast lift with augmentation and implants, Brachioplasty (upper arm lift), medial thigh lift, removal of Spider veins, and removal of a cyst (neuroma) on my left wrist. These procedures were done during two separate surgeries. Dr. Katzen would not risk doing all procedures at one time. His first and main concern is safety for his patients and sticks by that. Before going under anesthesia, my request to Dr. Katzen was to make my thighs extremely tight.  Be careful what you wish for, I have now been known to have the tightest thighs in Southern California! His aftercare was amazing. He is there for you all the time. You can call him directly with questions and he will see you if needed whenever possible. His staff was always there for me too. His expertise in pain management also helped in my recovery.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

I was first introduced to Dr. Timothy Katzen at a support group meeting. He spoke about the possible need or desire for plastic surgery after weight loss. At that time, I was just beginning my journey, but after a loss of 100 pounds, I felt like it was necessary for me to go forward and have excess skin removed. From the first consultation meeting at Dr. Katzen’s office, I was very at ease and Dr. Katzen explained and answered all my questions. He made me feel very comfortable in such an awkward (to me anyways) situation. I proceeded with three surgeries. I had a neck lift, tummy tuck, torso and an arm lift. It was a journey, with all 3 surgeries, but a road well taken. Without the encouragement of Dr. Katzen and his great personality, and his office staff, I could not have done this. Also without my family and friends support, it would not have been possible. I am so thankful and blessed to have been able to be taken care of by such a great doctor and staff. Thank you so much for your care and concerns, and making me feel great about myself.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

Dr. J. Timothy Katzen's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)