Ratings for Dr. J. Timothy Katzen

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

Before weight loss, I wore a 4X top and 34 bottoms. After losing weight and having plastic reconstructive surgery, I am now in a size 1 or 3 from the juniors department and size small top. For the first time in 30 years, I am in a bikini and I feel great in it. Dr. Katzen is the best doctor I could ask for! He is caring and never treats any of his patients like just another paycheck as some doctors do.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

He truly has it all: He's incredibly kind, patient and compassionate, and he has a LOT of experience in this specific field; he's an expert at what he does.  He's meticulous about his surgeries; he pays attention to detail and it makes all the difference in the world.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

Dr. Katzen is fabulous! He did such a great job on my abdominoplasty, my tummy is tight! He has such a great bedside manner and was always there for me. I have recommended many people to Dr. Katzen and will continue to do so!! Someday I hope to go back to him and have other procedures done too! Thanks so much for EVERYTHING!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

The excess skin that I was left with after losing over 100 pounds was a problem for me.  I researched many doctors and even went to a consultation with another highly recommended surgeon before selecting Dr. Katzen to complete my body transformation.  From the very first visit, he put me at ease.  He explained his approach to removing skin and contouring my body areas in clear understandable terms.  Every question I had was taken seriously and answered to my satisfaction.  He planned to do in 3 surgeries what the other surgeon told me would take 5 and provided me with realistic expectations about each of the procedures.  His caring, professional demeanor erased the nervousness that I had and his surgical skill has delivered more than I ever hoped for.  His safe and healthy approach to planning and executing my reconstructive surgeries have made this a successful experience for me.  I have recovered and healed well after each of my surgeries and am beyond happy with my results.      Dr. Katzen has many patients and the special ability to make you feel like you are his top priority.  He is available, attentive, capable and caring.  Dr. Katzen and his warm and caring staff have taken excellent care of me throughout this process and I love them all.  Thank you Dr. Katzen!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

I first met Dr. Katzen about three years ago while working at a hospital. I have always been a very modest person and was very nervous about my appointment. I was amazed at how Dr. Katzen made me feel so comfortable. I truly never expected to be treated as well as he treated me, as he does all his patients. He does not make you feel rushed or hurried as some Dr.’s do. He listens and takes everything you have to say under great consideration. He listens to your fears and addresses them. Not to mention he has the best bedside manner and never makes you feel abnormal. Dr. Katzen has performed several procedures on me; Breast lift with augmentation and implants, Brachioplasty (upper arm lift), medial thigh lift, removal of Spider veins, and removal of a cyst (neuroma) on my left wrist. These procedures were done during two separate surgeries. Dr. Katzen would not risk doing all procedures at one time. His first and main concern is safety for his patients and sticks by that. Before going under anesthesia, my request to Dr. Katzen was to make my thighs extremely tight.  Be careful what you wish for, I have now been known to have the tightest thighs in Southern California! His aftercare was amazing. He is there for you all the time. You can call him directly with questions and he will see you if needed whenever possible. His staff was always there for me too. His expertise in pain management also helped in my recovery.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

I was first introduced to Dr. Timothy Katzen at a support group meeting. He spoke about the possible need or desire for plastic surgery after weight loss. At that time, I was just beginning my journey, but after a loss of 100 pounds, I felt like it was necessary for me to go forward and have excess skin removed. From the first consultation meeting at Dr. Katzen’s office, I was very at ease and Dr. Katzen explained and answered all my questions. He made me feel very comfortable in such an awkward (to me anyways) situation. I proceeded with three surgeries. I had a neck lift, tummy tuck, torso and an arm lift. It was a journey, with all 3 surgeries, but a road well taken. Without the encouragement of Dr. Katzen and his great personality, and his office staff, I could not have done this. Also without my family and friends support, it would not have been possible. I am so thankful and blessed to have been able to be taken care of by such a great doctor and staff. Thank you so much for your care and concerns, and making me feel great about myself.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

When I first met Dr. Katzen I immediately liked him and knew that he was a person whom I could trust to take me through the delicate process of plastic and post weight-loss reconstruction. I knew him to be a cordial and gentle person with a great sense of humor. So, when I began my plastic journey I chose Dr. Katzen. He was honest and up front with me about the whole process. He told me what to expect and he made me feel safe always. Even when I had minor complications that couldn't be avoided he was there the whole time. He held my hand while I cried like a baby telling him that I wanted to get better soon! He just smiled and told me "This is going to get better it just seems like it is bad. Each day you are getting better and better" I remember that moment very well because I needed it so badly. He has taken my calls whenever I needed him. I know that I chose Dr. Katzen because I trusted his work as a surgeon but, I recommend him because I trust him as a friend. He is no longer a Dr. to me I consider him a friend of the family and I would put my life in his hands any day. Based on what I have seen from Dr. Katzen I wouldn't allow any other surgeon to do my plastics but, him. In short, I love you Dr. K.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

After losing 100 pounds because of radiation of my neck and not being able to eat, I was left with lots of excess abdominal skin and fat. I was 60 years old and was more then 150 pounds overweight for most of my life. I called a general surgeon who had done surgery for me to get a plastic surgeon recommendation. I went to see him and was disappointed. A few weeks later I saw a medical T.V. show about a woman who lost 400 pounds that’s how I found out about Dr. Katzen and that he was nearby! I looked up his website and went to an informative meeting; I made an appointment and went to see him. What a difference from the other guy!!! He was caring and so confident and methodical; I could tell he really knew what he was doing. Dr. Katzen’s staff is very friendly and caring and did an excellent job on obtaining insurance coverage and scheduling the procedures. The past year has been like a rebirth for me, including many first: Wearing belts, tucking in my shirts, having space between my stomach and the steering wheel (12inches). If you have any doubts, I say “GO FOR IT!!” Dr. Katzen and his awesome staff will be with you all the way.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

When I look for a medical professional, I look for one who has 1) knowledge about his or her area of expertise, 2) has most excellent patient - doctor communication skills (this also includes listening to the patient), and 3) honesty of his or her limitations as well as "what he/she can do for me".   Dr. Katzen possesses all of this and more -- he especially has patience with his patients.    Dr. Katzen, with his experience and patients' feedback, is giving me hope and a passion to obtain an almost "normal-sized" body from an extremely short, Christmas tree shaped one.  Goodbye 3X pants and bottoms while wearing a size 12 top.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

Dr. J. Timothy Katzen's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Unicare

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am very please with my plastic surgery results. Dr. Katzen is so amazing. He has a great bedside manner and really truly cares for his patients."

April 1, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Before weight loss, I wore a 4X top and 34 bottoms. After losing weight and having plastic reconstructive surgery, I am now in a size 1 or 3 from the juniors ..."

July 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Katzen is an amazing, talented, experienced and compassionate surgeon; I trust him implicitly and would highly recommend him to friends and/or family.  :-)
..."

July 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Katzen is fabulous! He did such a great job on my abdominoplasty, my tummy is tight! He has such a great bedside manner and was always there for me. I ha..."

July 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The excess skin that I was left with after losing over 100 pounds was a problem for me.  I researched many doctors and even went to a consultation with another ..."

July 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I first met Dr. Katzen about three years ago while working at a hospital. I have always been a very modest person and was very nervous about my appointment. I..."

June 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was first introduced to Dr. Timothy Katzen at a support group meeting. He spoke about the possible need or desire for plastic surgery after weight loss. At ..."

June 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "When I first met Dr. Katzen I immediately liked him and knew that he was a person whom I could trust to take me through the delicate process of plastic and post..."

June 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After losing 100 pounds because of radiation of my neck and not being able to eat, I was left with lots of excess abdominal skin and fat. I was 60 years old and..."

June 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "When I look for a medical professional, I look for one who has 1) knowledge about his or her area of expertise, 2) has most excellent patient - doctor communica..."

June 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "As an RN, I work with surgeons everyday and see how they care for their patients. Most are too busy to be caring. Some are downright RUDE and COLD. Not Dr. “K.”..."

June 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Wow, what a great experience! My choice in choosing Dr Katzen was a wonderful one! In one word "Trust"! For in trusting myself to make the life changing choice ..."

June 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Gastric bypass surgery has changed my life in many ways, but most importantly for me has been the increase in energy and the freedom to participate in any activ..."

June 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I met Dr. Katzen at a seminar. I was only going to have my arms repaired because they upset me the most even though I had more than that which needed to be reco..."

June 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I used to weigh 637 pounds and had a duodenal switch by Dr. Elariny.  I lost over 400 pounds.  I decided to travel from Tennessee to California to have my bodyl..."

June 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My healthy life began when I had my gastric bypass surgery. Prior to the surgery I was on 11 different medications to control my diabetes and elevated blood pre..."

June 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "All my life, I was morbidly obese and had literally tried everything to lose weight but was never successful long term. Finally, I was looking at being wheel ch..."

June 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "So, how do you get to be 393 lbs and not play professional football? I also forgot to say that I was a 22 year old woman. I made the decision to have gastric ..."

June 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had Gastric Bypass surgery and I have lost 172 lbs. I first heard about Dr. Katzen at a support group meeting. A few of the women there had been patients of h..."

May 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had bariatric surgery and lost 125 lbs. I was so excited to have lost this much weight but so disappointed that my weight loss had a great deal of residual h..."

May 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had gastric bypass surgery when I was at a weight of 375 pounds. I functioned daily at my job of more than 20 years always standing and never stationary. Be..."

May 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My experience dealing with Dr. Katzen has been phenomenal. He is experienced, courteous and completely professional. He always gives each patient all the time..."

May 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Katzen is an unreal, compassionate plastic surgeon. His work is perfection. You can definitely be completely satisfied with him and his talents. What a p..."

May 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Like many of Dr. Katzen's patients, I had been overweight my entire life. My Gastric Bypass surgery was a life saver for me. I am in wonderful health after losi..."

May 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had weight loss surgery at Cedar's Sinai Hospital. My highest weight was 315 pounds. I had several complications due to the excess weight includes, high blo..."

May 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been “the fat girl” my entire life. I knew from the time I was 6 years old that I had an eating disorder that I allowed to control my life and get me bi..."

May 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After gastric bypass surgery and losing 375 lbs I was concerned about the loose skin. After meeting Dr. Katzen he told me I'd be very happy with a body lift and..."

May 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "During my weight loss process I had always said that I would not get plastic surgery because I would have just been happy to lose the weight. As time went on a..."

May 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "In April, 2004 I had WLS by Dr. Tanaka. My life changed dramatically as I went from 352 lbs. down to 190 within 1 ½ years. I was a changed woman … free from t..."

April 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Katzen was amazing and understanding. He made me feel comfortable and the surgery went great. I just hope my scar heals ok. ☺ However, he is a great doc..."

April 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Katzen did a fantastic job of removing my apron, lumps and the bags on my thighs after I had lost 100 # after gastric bypass surgery. For the first time sinc..."

April 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Katzen has performed 2 major body surgeries on me Dec. 2010 and June 2011. He is a highly regarded surgeon and very caring. His work is top notch. He is ..."

April 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After I lost weight after bariatric surgery I was healthier but I hated my loose skin. I love to swim and hated to get into a swimming suit. I am so much happ..."

April 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I travelled from Georgia to California to have Dr. Katzen perform a blepharoplasty because I trust him! I refer all of the bariatric patients I work with to con..."

April 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After significant weight loss, Dr. Katzen helped complete the transformation. My concerns and question were answered from the initial visit throughout the post ..."

April 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Katzen is one of the kindest people you would want to meet. He has an extensive knowledge of the special needs and conditions of bariatric patients. This, c..."

April 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Katzen since 2005. I am also a working nurse who Dr. Katzen and I have done many surgeries together in the operating room. I have n..."

April 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This is from Kate reporting with incredible amazement at the ease, comfort and lack of fear I received from the professionals beginning with preoperative office..."

April 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had my gastric bypass with duodenal switch nine years ago and lost a total of 120 pounds. As a result of the rapid weight loss I had a lot of extra skin. Whil..."

April 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I cannot recommend Dr. Katzen highly enough. He truly listens to you, he is just as excited about the results as you are and will work to help you be the very b..."

April 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After losing 219 lbs I decided I had no choice but to get reconstructive surgery. I looked at 3 plastic surgeons before I chose Dr Katzen. I went to 2 of his se..."

April 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I met with a dear friend the other day. He had gone through the bypass surgery and has lost a lot of weight. He is ready to have the extra skin removed but is..."

April 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "When I first decided to have plastic surgery, I interviewed 40 surgeons. Dr. Katzen stood out beyond everyone else. He was professional, artistic, kind and su..."

April 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After losing 200 lbs., I was left with multiple layers of hanging skin. Dr Katzen has taken my body and sculpted it into something I thought I would only have i..."

March 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Once upon a time there was a little girl named Cindy. Her name was really Catherine but everyone called her Cathy, which she did not like because it sounded too..."

March 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I did it! I lost 150lbs through diet and exercise. The only problem was I looked worse at 160 lbs than I did at 303lbs. I had so much excess skin between my leg..."

March 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After losing 160 lbs, I couldn't stand my hanging "jelly belly" anymore
 and was ready for the next phase of my journey. Dr Katzen was very
professional yet so..."

March 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I would like to first give my heartfelt thanks to Dr. Katzen and his wonderful staff. I know if you read all the testimonials from his patients, you will know ..."

March 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After having gastric bypass in 1992, I thought my biggest achievement would be walking and talking at the same time. In 2007 I found myself 151 lbs lighter and ..."

March 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "As I was researching for a plastic surgeon, I narrowed my findings based on the following: I chose Dr. Katzen mainly because many of his surgeries were done f..."

March 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "It has been a month and a couple of days since my surgery. I am so excited and pleased with the results of my abdominoplasty (tummy tuck).The surgery went even ..."

March 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had Gastric Bypass in April 2006 and had lost over 100 pounds. My body bounced back pretty well from the weight loss with the exception of my tummy area and t..."

March 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Four years ago I had gastric bypass surgery and lost a total of 160lbs. Although I was extremely happy about the weight loss, I was very disappointed with the a..."

February 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "What more can I say accept for “I love my new Body by Katzen”! I recently had surgery with Dr. Katzen on July 30, 2007. Thanks to Dr. Katzen and his excelle..."

February 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I can say “thank you” a million times, but in my opinion that does not even begin to convey the impact you’ve had in my life and the tummy tuck you performed o..."

February 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My experience with Dr. Katzen has been an extremely positive one. He performed breast reconstruction surgery on me because of prior breast cancer surgery, I had..."

February 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "First of all I would like to thank Dr. Katzen and his staff for their help and support in answering my questions and taking great care of needs through out this..."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This is written with the highest regards and thanks. Your kindness during my surgery and recovery process was much appreciated. Your professionalism was unsurpa..."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My name is Mike. A couple of years ago I weighed 430 lbs. I was wearing size 6XL. My life was a mess. I had diabetes, depression, sleep apnea and no social ..."

February 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Katzen literally changed my life. After working hard to lose over 150 pounds, I was so disappointed in the way I looked, because I had so much saggy, exces..."

February 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Katzen and staff are always helpful in answering any questions and concerns. Jane always has a positive attitude which makes all the difference."

February 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I first met Dr. Katzen at an Obesity Help Convention. After interviewing several surgeons I was most impressed with Dr. Katzen’s demeanor. Although I saw how ki..."

February 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After working hard to lose my weight the old fashion way (as a non-bariatic patient), I was very disappointed that as a result of weight loss my body wasn't ret..."

February 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "If it wasn’t for Dr. Katzen, I would not have been able to have my surgery done. Dr. Katzen was the only one willing to help me. Over the course of several su..."

February 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Katzen is one of the most amazing plastic surgeons I have come to know in my journey for my body transformation. Dr. Katzen and his staff are a wonderful t..."

February 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I met Dr. Katzen in July of 2006, approximately 7 months after I had my WLS and had lost 100 lbs. I knew immediately that he was the doctor for me. His compassi..."

February 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I’ve known Dr. Katzen for over a year. I met him through my doctor for lap band and I’ve been very happy with his work on reducing my very large breasts to a p..."

February 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Katzen is gifted and has a wonderful talent.  I'm very pleased with what he did in forming the new me and I truly love my "Body by Katzen".  It's been about..."

February 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Once upon a time I was extremely over weight. Due to exhaustion, extreme tiredness, sleep apnea and many more dilemmas I decided to make a change with my life...."

February 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Katzen helped change my life. After my lower body lift, I went from a size 12 to a size 4. I love shopping and have the packed closet to prove it. My self..."

February 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a gastric bypass in August of 2006, I weighed 254 at the time. After keeping the weight off I decided to see Dr Katzen for the 360 Body lift. I cannot bel..."

January 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I wanted to thank you for an amazing job at treating my spider veins. I felt so comfortable when you explained the entire process of the procedure. I loved ho..."

January 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My severely disabled brother (a convalescent Hosp. resident), received minor surgery, by the good Dr. ... just when his leg wounds and leg issues needed interve..."

January 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My name is Jacki and I had the RNY gastric bypass 4.5 years ago. I went from 365lbs. down to 230lbs. Even though I was so happy with my results, nothing prepare..."

January 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Katzen has the best bedside manner you'll ever meet. His skills are simply amazing. I have referred so many of my friends and family to him."

January 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Katzen is the best doctor in Los Angeles and a wonderful human being!"

November 11, 2014
  • City changed from "Los Angeles" to "Beverly Hills"

September 16, 2013
  • First Name changed from "John" to "J. Timothy"

March 20, 2012
  • City changed from "BEVERLY HILLS" to "Los Angeles"

March 20, 2012