Ratings for Dr. William E. Silver

After reading the similar reviews - it saddens me to say they are true in regards to him needing to retire. He will definitely attempt to make you think you are insatiable and to seek counseling after you express discontent with his rhinoplasty work because he feels since he's done SO many there is no way he did a botched job. His computer skill set is at the lowest deficiency because he doesn't even know how to operate the facial imaging machine. So when he attempts to draw a pre-image it fails and this leads to him guessing how your nose will look post-op. He specializes in giving cortisone shots to try to correct any errors and in turn this causes deformities . He is good about deflecting the conversation from your issues to make you think it's in your head. He will even try to make you think the NEW breathing issues are psychological. He will out-right lie about any insurance claiming. And he will add more fees and push them on to you AFTER surgery. As for correcting HIS errors, he will tell you he'll correct it IF YOU can get him to admit it but then any correction offers become a lie too. and he will slyly charge you for follow up visits when you continue to tell him the non-surgical attempts are not working. HE SHOULD DEFINITELY RETIRE as his era of knowing rhinoplasty and the aesthetics of it is over. He is very outdated. My advice is to please acknowledge reviews for this Man and all doctors. My mistake.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

Horrible Doctor he will botch any procedure he does

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

this is one of the worst most incompetent doctors I ever dealt with in my entire life. I hope he decides to retire and close his practice because he doesn't know what he is doing. He does botched jobs and doesn't bother to correct his awful mistakes.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

Do not see this doctor. It is time for him to retire. He is in this for nothing but money. Run the other way.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

Had a previous experience that was very disappointing leaving me with a very wierd looking neck. A friend recommended Dr. Silver. The staff is delightful and Dr Silver is an absolute sweetheart...so friendly but professional as well as compassionate, and caring about all my little concerns. I am delighted with my surgery results. I would give Dr. Silver and his staff as well as the surgery nurses, anesthesiologist ...the whole crew ....a TEN if available. Of course I would recommend all of them to anyone!!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

I couldn't be happier with my rhinoplasty. I've never felt more beautiful or more confident. Dr. Silver is an artist and he knows the nose! :)

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

Dr. Silver has been amazing through my rhinoplasty experience. He has been very available for questions and concerns. He even gave me his personal cell #. So far, I have been very pleased. My rhinoplasty was 3 wks ago. His staff is also friendly.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

I am a 24 year old female who has been self-conscious about my nose since middle school. I've been wanting rhinoplasty for a long time, but did not have a lot of support from my friends and family. I met with one other cosmetic surgeon before Dr. Silver. After meeting Dr. Silver I immediately put a down payment for my nose to be done. He was that great! He made me feel comfortable about the whole process and was very knowledgeable and patient with all my questions. His staff was friendly and supportive as well. The day of the surgery the hospital staff was AMAZING. I had a great nurse named Heather who was absolutely fabulous in getting me prepared for surgery. Six days following surgery I had my splint removed and am delighted with the results. There is still a bit of swelling, but that is said to go down in a few more days. I'd say the most uncomfortable thing about recovery was not being able to breathe through my nose. It's like having a really bad cold. My nose turned out exactly as Dr. Silver said it would and it fits my face well. He makes certain that everyone doesn't come out with an identical nose and that your nose matches you! I would recommend Dr. Silver 100%!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

I went to Dr. Silver in 1998 to see what he could do to help my naso-labial lines from sagging at the age of 38. He suggested that I have fat taken from my stomach and injected into the lines to plump them up. He also suggested i have upper eye lid surgery, which I hadn't even considered and to have some fat removed from underneath my chin. The outcome of this surgery was atrocious. My eyes were scarred, the fat he injected on my naso-labial lines made me look like a chipmunk, and the skin under my chin hung unevenly. I am now 64 and had my eyelids redone because one of them was half closed, and I had a Band-Aid face lift and a neck lift done. Finally after all these years I look normal again. Do not go to this doctor. There are too many competent plastic surgeons to go to than can fix your face. Better yet don't have any surgery unless your face is disfigured in some way. Look into using botox or juvederm. They don't last forever so they are a safer route. Good luck!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

My nose was a mess and Nine months ago Dr Silver performed Rhinoplasty , Septoplasty and Turboplasty. Dr Silver did an amazing job, I had zero pain and healed super fast. At first I didn't like my nose because it was so different, but now that all the swelling went down I love it. It's an awesome feeling being able to breath out of my nose.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

Dr. William E. Silver's Credentials

• Med Coll Of Ga Sch Of Med, Augusta Ga 30912 (Grad. 1963)

MSP/BC Med