Ratings for Dr. Minas S. Constantinides

I didnt have surgery with this doctor but I had a consult for revision rhinoplasty. All I can say is that he really takes his time, examines you thoroughly, and most importantly, is ethical. He turned me down for surgery and told me "I wouldn't touch your nose and I wouldn't want anyone too." So he basically turned down all that money in hopes I would be better off long term. Most top doctors I saw tried to sell me on surgery without ever even making eye contact with me or looking up my nose (slight exageration). Whether I have the surgery or not is something for me to decide. But it was a breath of fresh air to see that there are some top doctors out there that conduct their practice in an ethical manner. I would recommend Constantinides cause at least you can count on getting an honest opinion, in my opinion.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

Dr. Minas S. Constantinides is an amazing surgeon with vast knowledge and compassion. He performed a revision surgery on my nose after several attempts from previous doctors to perfect minor details which I viewed as flaws. I visited with him several times and he always made me feel comfortable and listened to everything I had to say. His staff is also quite impressive and very professional. I strongly recommend this doctor to everyone looking for a superior and experienced surgeon. My job consists of me working in front of the camera and he helped me gain tremendous confidence through his work, which enabled me to greatly succeed and progress in my career. Finally not only is doctor C. an extraordinary surgeon but he is also a great human being with patience, warmth and professionalism. Highly recommended to everyone!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2016

Dr. Constantinides was recommended to me by another ENT+ plastic surgeon as one of the top ENT+plastic surgeons in the East Coast and even the U.S. Of course, I did my due diligence and "interviewed" more than 6 doctors through a period of 6 months in which I did my own research on risks and difficulties associated with revision. After deciding that Dr. Constantinides was the most experienced, skilled doctor who could perform my revision rhinoplasty who would also take care of every detail along the process I have to say that I could not be happier with the experience or the result. Of course I had to make sure I communicated exactly what I was looking for and understood there are were no guaranteed results, but all along the process I felt like Dr. C "got it". It was a very challenging case and a complicated surgery. The recovery was tough - swelling on my nose was not coming down as expected - I trusted his work and now breathe better than ever. In my opinion, my nose looks more natural now. I have referred my patients to Dr. Constantinides and I'm thankful for having worked with him and his team.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015

I had an horrendous revision Rhinoplasty (actually two) by Dr Constantinides. I went to see Dr Minas Constantinides in May 2013 on the advice of a doctor I had seen for another procedure. The consultation went well, I thought he was a nice man, polite and seemed to know what he was talking about. His staff were also very nice and accommodating. I had a Rhinoplasty when I was about twenty years old. I had no problems with it and the only issue with my resulting nose over the years was that it was quite runny a lot of the time. I went to see Dr Constantinides because over the years the cartilage seemed to have moved a bit, it was quite sharp and pointed on the tip and if I had a cold and rubbed my nose a lot it would feel like it was going to break through. One side of my nose looked a bit more flat than the other more bulbous side. I wanted it evened up a bit and the cartilage in the tip fixed. I had no breathing problems and my nose was straight. He said he could correct my concerns. At the same time, I'd started to see some hollowness around my eyes and asked if there was anything he could do about that. He said a mid-face lift would help. I decided to go for the two procedures. I googled him, there were good and bad reviews but then every doctor seemed to have the same. I went ahead with the surgery and paid $26,400.00, in advance, as requested for a revision Rhinoplasty and a mid-face lift. The surgery, went fine as did my recovery. When the cast came off my nose looked huge, this enormous bulbous, crooked looking mess. He assured me that it was swelling and it would all come down. After weeks and then months of visits, steroid injections and waiting, it settled a bit but was still very, very big and on top of that I couldn't breathe properly through either nostril. I was very patient with Dr Constantinides, I never got angry or frustrated with him, just trusted what he said to me that it was healing as it should, and he never said to me or indicated that there was a problem. I was devastated and found myself crying virtually every day, I couldn't look in a mirror and not tear up. I did my makeup as fast as I could in the mornings and wouldn't look at myself again until the next day. I grew my fringe out and hid behind my hair and became very self conscious. I avoided cameras at all costs. I cried myself to sleep many, nights. I went back to Dr Constantinides in January of 2014. He admitted that the result wasn't what we had hoped for so we scheduled another surgery for the next month (with additional costs of about $5,000). When I gave Dr Constantinides the benefit of the doubt and allowed him to do the second surgery, he made a point of saying he was 'happy to do it and he wanted me to know that'. He generated a computer image that he said would be attainable and he told me how he was going to do it. I didn't expect my nose to look exactly like that picture, but at that point something close would have been fine. The surgery went fine as did my recovery. From the moment the cast came off after the second revision and I looked in the hand mirror he gave me I could see my nose was not straight, it was very obvious. It was horribly crooked. After a couple of days the deviation got worse and I still couldn't breathe. I also had a bump now running down my nose that I didn't have before. Again weeks and months of visits and steroid injections but the damage is done and then came a lot of excuses that doctor from 23 years ago was responsible for my problems. Dr Constantinides certainly didn't lead me to believe it would be a difficult or problematic surgery on either occasion. And I understand that when he got in there things may have been different than he was anticipating, but he NEVER said at any time to me after the first surgery what he wrote in a later email response that - 'the scar that formed was so massive', the cartilaginous structure was so weakened and devastated, my nose was too scarred' - there was NOTHING said after the first surgery about my nose having been in such a horribly bad state. Going into the second surgery, if it were in fact true, it appears he knew that. It certainly would have made me ask more questions and think twice about how to proceed with another surgery had I known. In May 2014 we began to discuss options and compensation which initially he was cagey about but then agreed to pay me $15,000.00 so I could see another doctor to have surgery. Obviously not at all the outcome I expected. It has been the worst cosmetic surgery experience I have ever had. Something I thought would be a little tidying up has turned into an almost two year nightmare for me. I wish I had never done it. I have paid Dr Constantinides over $30,000 in total. So far he has made excuse after excuse not to pay me the money he promised he would saying his practice has been very slow – TAKE THAT AS AN ADDITIONAL WARNING.

Submitted March 1, 2015

Dr. Minas S. Constantinides

Dr. Minas S. Constantinides's response
I am very sorry for your very negative experience. Confidentiality prevents me from responding directly to the specifics of your case, but I can assure you that I took your case very seriously and feel very bad about your result. I regret that we could not settle our differences amicably, as we had agreed to do. I wish you only my very best for all your future endeavors.

Submitted March 3, 2015

Dr. Constantinides was amazing. He was thorough, took his time with me, and a perfectionist. Great bedside manner.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014

Dr. Constantinides is an absolutely wonderful surgeon. He recently performed a very complicated rhinoplasty and deviated septum surgery, to correct a previous surgeon's mistakes. Dr. Constantinides not only made me feel at ease the moment I walked in, but went through step by step what he felt he could do. Although I was hoping for an improvement, to my delight and amazement, my nose is absolutely perfect for my face. It also does not look like it has been surgically corrected and for the first time in my life, I can breathe very well. I cannot recommend Dr. Constantinides highly enough, and just wish I had known about him before selecting other surgeons who come up as the "top" revision rhinoplasty specialists through Internet searches. Although I can only speak for myself, they can't hold a candle to this guy! His staff is also very caring and unlike most doctors, you can reach them on the phone at any time.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Constantinides for over 2yrs. He performed a primary rhinoplasty on me and then a revision 1.5yrs later. His professional demeanor, candor, concern and office staff have always exceeded my expectations, and I'm a healthcare professional myself. I had no functional issues, instead I started with an out of proportion and very crooked nose. After my first procedure my nose was very improved but still slightly crooked. I had the revision and have been very happy with my results. My nose it not perfect, and according to Dr. C it never will be, but my appearance is very much improved and my results look very natural. Unless I disclose that I had surgery, friends and family comment that I look great but they can't quite determine what's different. It is a BIG difference, but my new nose blends into the harmony of my face and makes my other features more prominent. Dr. C is very honest and realistic about what he can & should do for your case. I recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2013

Dr C. is a wonderful and talented surgeon. I have had a face lift and my daughter has had a very large nose made beautiful. He really loves his work and is honest about expectations.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2013

I did so much research for my rhinoplasty to make sure it's done perfectly with the best specialist on the market. Dr. C spent 2 hours with me in the initial meeting to have a very clear understanding of the results I was trying to achieve. My nose turned out really great and the overall experience was very pleasant, they pay a lot of attention to detail and customer satisfaction - I really felt taken care of!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013

Very impressed. Went to see him for a consultation to fix what a previous doctor had done to me. Dr. Constantinides spent over an hour with me, analyzing my situation, taking pictures, asking probing questions. He spent way more time with me than the doctor who had actually done the surgery! He recommended three different options for me to fix what happened to me, and gave his opinion as to which of the three was best. Unfortunately, he does not do that kind of surgery, so he suggested another doctor but encouraged me to continue to look around and get other opinions. He asked me to let him know what I decided to do, and was very concerned and helpful. I could not have asked for a better consultation. Although he doesn't do the surgery required to fix my situation, I appreciate his help and insight.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2013

Dr. Minas S. Constantinides's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Minas Constantinides is a leader in facial plastic surgery, practicing in Manhattan, New York City. Dr. Constantinides received his baccalaureate with honors in Biochemistry from Brown University and his M.D. from Columbia University’s College of Physicians and Surgeons. He underwent specialty training at Harvard in general surgery and at NYU in otolaryngology-head and neck surgery. He completed his fellowship in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery in Toronto, then joined the full time faculty in the Department of Otolaryngology at NYU Medical Center in 1994. He was Director of the Division of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery from 1994 to 2012, and Director of NYU’s facial plastic surgery fellowship program from 1999 to 2014. Dr. Constantinides has published 61 scientific articles and book chapters focusing on facial plastic surgery and is a sought-after lecturer at national and international meetings for his expertise in rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty. He has been the co-director of the AAFPRS’ biannual Advances in Rhinoplasty course twice. Dr. Constantinides is deeply committed to international and domestic pro bono projects. In 2010 he received the Community Service Award from the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery acknowledging his successes in Vietnam, India and South America. Dr. Constantinides was elected to the Board of Directors of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in 2008; currently he is Secretary. He has been a Director and board-examiner of the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery since 2009. He has been listed as one of the best doctors in New York by Castle Connolly, New York Magazine, Town and Country, and in facial plastic surgery industry publications. Dr. Constantinides is married with three sons and lives in Manhattan.

• Spanish
  • Greek

• Columbia Univ Coll Of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 10032 (Grad. 1987)

• Rhinoplasty
  • Septoplasty
  • Chronic sinusitis
  • Botox injections
  • Chemical peel

• Community Service Award, American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
  • Secretary, American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery