Ratings for Dr. Elliott H. Rose

i have severe hypertrophic scarring on my face. I have been to several drs in search of a solution and quite frankly was very discouraged. That is until I met Dr. Rose. Dr. Rose did an amazing job!! He was thorough in his evaluation of my scars. Although there were no surgical solutions for me at this time he did not send me away hopeless. He thought that a new treatment option might be to inject the scars with 5FU. He contacted a dermatologist who he thought might be able to help me while I was in the office! Dr. Rose explained my case to her and she saw me the same day. He was right. She was able to offer treatments that others hadn't considered. It would have been easy for Dr Rose to tell me there was nothing for him to do but he didn't do what was easiest for him he did what was right for me! A knowledgable, honest, kind man. I cant recommend him highly enough.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2016

After years of looking in the mirror and feeling unhappy about the elevated, thick scarring on my face for an auto accident, I did my research and found Dr. Rose. I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome . I have had two treatments with the Fraxel laser the scars are much flatter and less visible. His office staff were wonderful. Dr. Rose is very down to earth and always made me feel so comfortable. Dr. Rose really changed my life!!!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2016

Dr. Rose is money hungry. His office staff act as salesmen.

Submitted June 25, 2016

First of all, Dr. Rose is the real deal. He is a top notch reconstructive plastic surgeon. He responded promptly to me at all times, spoke to me on the phone, etc… I felt that Dr. Rose was very easy to talk to and felt he always listened to my concerns, etc. His nurse Nancy is such a pleasant person, helpful and caring. Linda handles a lot of the financial items and can be a little rough around the edges, but for me she was always professional and helpful. I am a 43 year old Male and was diagnosed with Bell’s Palsy about 4 years ago. I never suspected that I would not fully recover. However, I was not one of the lucky ones. After more than a year, it was better, but I still had significant facial paralysis on my left side. My ability to smile was gone. My research led me to Dr. Rose as he was one of the few doctors that even performed Facial Reanimation Surgery. From the first moment I spoke to him on the phone, I felt some sense of relief that there was someone that could help me. After meeting with him in NYC, I knew he was the surgeon for me. I needed to get a gap exception with my Insurance company, UHC. That took some time, but I followed all of the instructions and took the necessary steps and about 8 months later, the surgery was approved to be paid by UHC. When the gap exception letter came in the mail, I was very excited, but scared to death. My biggest fear was that after the surgery the results would be something that made me regret the whole thing. After all, the surgery was extensive and there were no promises. However, I trusted in God and trusted in the skill of Dr. Rose. He was upfront before I began this journey that he couldn’t get me back to where I was before the Bell’s Palsy, but he could get me close – which he did. I had a total of 4 surgeries. 1st major one, where he performed the major reconstruction (tendon & muscle transfers, etc…) 2nd one, to tighten the sling, etc.. then 2 very minor lip revisions that were performed in the surgical room in his office. It is now a few years later -- I was 39 when diagnosed and 43 today - and I do not regret anything. I am so happy with my results. I feel the surgeries were a huge success. My left eye no longer constantly waters, fortunately, I was always able to close my eye, but he brought up my lower eye lid just enough that it prevent the constant watering, but not enough that it is really noticeable. I can breathe through my left nostril. He placed a small piece of tendon from my leg, and used it to open up my nostril. I had thought about not doing that procedure as I wanted to keep scars down to a minimum and the nostril did not bother me much. However, I am so glad I trusted Dr. Rose’s recommendation. I can breathe normally, and no scars, incision areas are even noticeable to me. My bottom lip no longer curls in, and looks great. The therapy involved was very intense, and took much longer than I expected. However, the therapy was critical. I can now actually smile and not feel so self-conscience. During this process, we adopted a baby girl and it means the world to me that I am able to smile with her. Friends that knew me before the Bells can notice that I still have some minor residuals affects from the Bell’s, but most people that were not aware are quite surprised when I tell them everything I have gone through. . Due to the nature of the surgery there was also a “face lift” element that was done. I was not aware of that until after my first consultation with Dr. Rose. I was a bit nervous that the scars would be noticeable or I would appear to be done. That is not the case at all, I look amazing. It took several years off of my face, and it is very natural looking. Being a man, that was very important to me. I was even at another plastic surgeons office for a non-related item and when I told him about the surgeries he did a double take, he had no idea. My jaw line looks like it did when I was in my twenties. Scars hidden or not noticeable. Nice bonus for all the stuff I have gone through. Dr. Rose is a true master at his craft. I have no regrets and feel that my surgery was a huge success. I highly recommend Dr. Rose.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

I had a severe neck burn. Dr. Rose & his staff treated me with the finest care I've ever received. From the beginning of my treatment until my last appt. I felt I was his priority. I had given up hope that I would look normal again. He performed Dermabrasion for the neck scars, Z-plasty, and Neck tightening. Wow, I looks so much better. I know I'll never be scar free, but I look normal, and my skin color is so much better. I feel great about myself again. Thank you Dr. Rose, Nancy & Linda. Dr. Rose and his staff also accommodated my schedule as I was from out of state.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2015

I had facial surgery by Dr. Rose about 8 years ago. I had melanoma skin cancer on the side of my face. I had to have a major surgery which required an oncologist to perform the surgery. Dr. Rose did the plastic surgery following the excision. There isn't a scar or bump on my face. Dr. Rose is one of the best plastic surgeons for reconstruction surgery. CM

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

I have seen Dr. Rose twice for reconstruction of the tip of both sides of my nose after having MOHs surgery to remove basal and squamous cell skin cancer. Dr. Rose helped me with my first diagnosis six years ago. He clearly and patiently explained the flap surgical technique he would use to repair my nose after the cancerous area was removed. And more important his calm and caring demeanor helped ease my fears. The first time the cancer removal was more extensive than it appeared from the surface yet my face healed wonderfully. This year another cancerous area presented on the opposite side of the nose and, although I no longer live in New York, I never hesitated in calling Dr. Rose again. As before, he and his staff were compassionate and professional. His office and facilities are comfortable and private. This time the hole from MOHs surgery went entirely through the nostril making reconstruction more intricate and requiring Dr. Rose to replace some nasal lining and use a cartilage graft to reform the nostril, in addition to the flap surgery. And once again the results have been fantastic. I highly recommend Dr. Rose to anyone dealing with skin cancer on their face.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

After years of trepidation, I finally decided to have a growing mole on my face removed. Dr. Rose performed a remarkable job and I couldn't be happier with his work. His facilities are modern and clean and his staff is friendly, experienced and professional. The procedure itself was quick and safe. Dr. Rose provided excellent ongoing post-op consultation and the results speak for themselves. It's as if that mole was never there ! Dr. Rose is a true artist!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

My experience with Dr. Rose was wonderful. I look years younger and am totally satisfied with the results of cosmetic surgery. Dr. Rose did a facelift and eyelid surgery on me, and it changed my life for the better!!! I am so pleased. The surroundings of the office were clean and beautiful, the staff was knowledgeable and helpful, and most of all, Dr. Rose was brilliant. He did a natural job, so I didn't look tight or pulled at all. He called me afterwards several times to see that I was healing well. I am just thrilled with the results.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

I recently had cosmetic surgery with Dr. Rose. I never felt better about my appearance. I saw other plastic surgeons before deciding to go to Dr. Rose. I chose Dr. Rose because of his excellent reputation and also his caring nature. I couldn't be happier!! Thank you Dr. Rose and staff!!!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

Dr. Elliott H. Rose's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Med Branch Galveston, Galveston Tx 77550 (Grad. 1970)