Ratings for Dr. Caroline Pavlin

Been going to her since I was a kid and now bringing mine. More like visiting a friend when you go vs a dentist. Couldn't say enough about her !

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Dr. Pavlin is awesome ! Not only a lovely person, but so gentle and so great at her job. I have been terrified of the dentist chair since horrible childhood experiences, I am certain I won't let anyone else put a drill in my mouth. All the staff are great...

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

I was going to Dr. Pavlin for several months. In that time, She filled a tooth (a deep cavity), the tooth began to die - causing tremendous pain due to the depth of the cavity. As the pain was hard to localize, we weren't sure what tooth it was that caused the pain. After an emergency appointment she prescribed Antibotics - when we weren't sure it was an infection - which I took and surprise! there wasn't an infection. So I was then sent to a specialist who preformed a "cold test" causing my dying tooth to light up my mouth like a christmas tree in pain. Directly after that appointment I called to schedule an extraction - because Root Canals are expensive and at this point the single tooth in question had already cost me 500$ (Insurance covers 80% of that - but is it fair to milk us so? We still have to pay the cash upfront) the specialist while likely was very good wanted me to pay 1400 dollars more on the tooth, and if it was a car you would agree that is too much, even if part of it was covered by insurance. I wanted in removed. Her staff once they finally returned my call the next morning (I have already had a known issue for over a week and call well before closing time) to tell me that if I wanted it out I had to wait until next tuesday - or next friday. Both of those days were too long I had already been in pain for long enough and I was fed up! Pavlin took no responsibility for my pain, and tried to direct me to another private practise that couldn't schedule the extraction before next week as well, oh and it would be another consulation fee of 130 dollars and then the extraction fee on top of that. Capitalism is well at Argyle Dental and I will not be back. I had the tooth removed at the Dentistry School at Western the same day, after fighting to get a copy of my x-rays from Pavlin's office. Terrible customer service - receptionist was rude and dentist hid in the background and never took ownership for the pain they put me through and expected me to endure for atleast another weekend. Awful service.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

She is a very nice women, always greets you with a smile. But over the years her service and accuracy has dwindled. She missed a major shift in my bite and tooth movement, I had to have another dentist from a different practice point it out to me. The front/secretarial staff are always moody. I often feel like I am putting them out by having to make an appointment or ask a question.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2014

Dr. Pavlin is the BEST dentist I've ever been to... smart, gentle, easy to talk to, competent, great with little ones, over all TOTALLY AMAZING. I love my dentist!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Pavlin for over 25 years and have been very impressed with her skills as a dentist in addition to her "bed side manner". She has always shown genuine concern for my well being and always wonderful to deal with... I would recommend her without question!

flag | Submitted May 21, 2013

I have been going to her for 15 years. Lately she has not been available for emergencies. I have ended up going to the hospital, or seeing a dentist at another clinic because she couldn't see me for several days. (nor could anybody else at the clinic). As much as I respect her skill, I think I will be seeing another dentist on a permanent basis.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2012

She has always been helpful in her treatments, listens to what has worked for me and what hasn't. She got me over my own fear of dentists and is great with my kids, who both enjoy going to her. I have yet to meet another doctor or dentist anywhere who has the amazing bedside manner that she has and when it comes to getting something done for you even if it means seeing a specialist she really works for you to get you in in a timely mannor. She has even taken her own time to see me after hours or on weekends in cases of emergancies. She truely is a great doctor all around.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2009

Very nice doctor, smart and caring. I've been going to her since childhood. She stopped my fear of dentists at a young age.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2009

Amazing person, I have no complaints about her at all. She is always happy and smiling and makes sure you are comfortable and explains what she is going to do at all times. A pleasure going to her.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2007