Ratings for Dr. Andrew N. Kornstein

I had a facelift and fat transfer with Dr. Kornstein. the fat disappeared within a few months and i was left with the same (if not worse) jowling. Dr. Kornstein recommended Ultherapy in an effort to lift my jowling AT MY OWN EXPENSE. it didn't work...so he suggested using Profound therapy AT MY OWN EXPENSE. I decided not to keep throwing money at a surgeon that didn't take responsibility for his own mistakes. I was left with depressions where ever the fat had been transferred.....it looks terrible.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2019

I went to Dr. Kornstein for a breast augmentation consultation that I paid $300 for. This was my first consult for the procedure so I had nothing to compare it to at the time. He only offered 1 type of implant, "gummy bears." I left his office and waited for his quote that was supposed to include all the costs/fee's associated with the procedure and included as part of the $300 consult fee. Never received that quote! Since my visit to Dr. Kornsteins office I've been to see two surgeons who specialize in breast augmentation and I can honestly say, Dr. Kornstein did me a favor.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2018

Dr korndtein doesn't responsibility for his failures...he tends to deflect ...make excuses...any offers to correct failure...comes with a huge charge.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

i went to dr. kornstein for fat transfer in my face. he PROMISED outstanding results. the fat is totally gone.....my eyes have never looked worse after the fact. at your appointment time.......you are kept waiting an incredibly long time just waiting.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

Dr. Kornstein was recommended to me by a former employee of his of many years who raved about his consistently exceptional work as a plastic surgeon and the fact that his patients frequently returned for multiple other procedures. I consulted with Dr. Kornstein and his very competent and engaging staff in March regarding a facelift, scar revision, possible breast augmentation, and what would normally be a very awkward interaction was quite the opposite. Dr Kornstein took his time evaluating my needs, expectations, questions, etc. and instilled much confidence in me . I proceeded to have the facelift a month ago along with fat transfer, dermabrasion on my lips, and a few other things. Four weeks later, I am thrilled with the outcome of my surgery and my 56 year old countenance has been dialed back 10 years!!! I cannot say enough good things about this practice and Dr. Kornstein. He is a brilliant and skilled surgeon and artist surrounded by an outstanding staff. I have already booked another procedure with him in July. I highly recommend Dr Kornstein and am forever grateful to his former employee. Ladies and Gentleman, do not hesitate to put your face and bodies in the hands of Dr Kornstein!!!(and his staff of course)

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

I am here to say, as loudly as I can, that Dr. Kornstein is a master artist and reshaped my wife's body to a degree neither of us had any idea was possible! I am an out of state patient, who found Dr. Kornstein through endless searches online over the course of about 2 years. I must point out, that the procedure was for my wife, but I was very active in the doctor interviewing and selection process. It was very important to me that the doctor we chose had the same vision of beauty as my wife and I have - I didn't think it would be as difficult to find as it was. Site after site, picture gallery after gallery, call after call, reviews after reviews, months after months - I began discussing with my wife that I didn't feel it was worth the risk to come out of surgery and not be 100% thrilled at the results, or worse, to regret the results. After all, my wife was simply beautiful as she was, and I didn't think needed any surgery at all, but after 2 baby's and mid life age creeping in, she was adamant about it. After finding Dr. Kornstein online, we put him in our "check out" folder on the computer, to come back later and compare against other doctors we had in the folder, our short list if you will. Over the years of doing this, that folder became as big as a Google search, and trimming it down was stressful, you never want to remove 'the one', and we just didn't know who 'the one' was, every delete brought me more and more grey hair. We eventually began the calling process, and realized quickly, that some of the doctors would have to be deleted from our list, that wouldn't arrange a phone consult with us, that was mandatory for us, because many of the doctor's were out of state, and we simply could not afford plane tickets and hotels in all the different cities. Dr. Kornstein scheduled an after hours phone consultation with us, and we were able to get to know 'the man' a little better. We discussed goals when performing surgery, where he sees plastic surgery going in the future (this was important to us, because we could get inside his head deeper and it had nothing to do with money) what his philosophy was regarding plastic surgery and finally, how he identifies 'beauty' in each patient, because it can't be the same for each patient, in my opinion. I was very impressed with his patience with us, his demeanor and his obvious passion for perfection in each patients outcome. We had similar experiences on the phone with other doctors too, so we decided to meet 3 of them face to face. We scheduled in office meetings with 3 doctors on our list, the final 3 if you will, this was a costly process, but one I thought was mandatory, because I wouldn't be able to overcome I let my wife down by selecting the wrong doctor and she regretted her surgery. When all was done, Dr. Kornstein was our stand out favorite, and we both completely agreed, Dr. Kornstein was going to perform her body shaping procedures without any reservation. We scheduled the procedures over the phone and the office took care of all accommodations while we were in town, and had everything all set up for my wife's recovery and post op checkups. The level of professionalism, and human feeling that went into my wife's comfort was amazing - I couldn't have organized any of it better myself, amazing! To fast forward, it's been over a year since the procedures, and Dr. Kornstein achieved a level of beauty success i had no idea was possible. I had expectations, but I'm sure glad he had higher expectations, because that's exactly what he did, he delivered higher expectations than either my wife or myself had - truly amazing! I don't think we'll ever be in the market for this again, but if it every presents itself again and is needed, there is nobody I'd ever go to other than Dr. Kornstein. Thank you sir for all you did, all you do and for being the obvious gold star of your profession.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

BEWARE FAVORABLE REVIEWS. I trusted Dr. Kornstein with my body and he abused that trust. Dr Kornstein was given a very specific brief but decided during surgery to perform against his own. How dare Dr. Kornstein decide what my body should look like, I paid him to perform the surgery I wanted, not produce the results he deemed suitable. The results are devastating to me and so different to what I requested that as far as I'm concerned I have been mutilated. Dr. Kornstein cannot be trusted to perform the results you request, in my opinion that makes him dangerous and not fit to practice. His nurse practitioner at the time informed me she had to intervene during my surgery to prevent Dr. Kornstein from going even more rogue. I am so devastated by the results every single day that I can't even imagine how much worse it would have been if she hadn't, I only wish she had been able to make him stick to my brief. I am so badly affected by the experience and by my appearance that I would encourage anyone considering plastic surgery to chose a surgeon that without personal taste, ego or narcissism, will honor your brief and give you exactly what you ask for because the nurse practitioners can't save you and when you wake up, the results are permanent.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

I don't think it possible to find a better plastic surgeon and I say this from experience. Dr. Kornsteins has been my surgeon for 9 years. He has performed a number of facial and body procedures all with great results.. When you read reviews on a plastic surgeon's bedside manner, approaches and areas of specialty ie: face, body etc; Please note that Dr. Kornstein is simply TOPS in ALL areas. He is an excellent surgeon with a unique overall aesthetic approach for the patient. Dr. Kornstein has superior skills. He has revised and corrected the work of previous surgeons on me, a few times. The big difference is his AESTHETIC approach for the individual's overall beauty and natural results. His technique for facial fat grafting is unique and gives a natural youthful appearance, while restoring, correcting and balancing the face. His techniques with fillers is amazing. Dr. Kornstein is highly skilled with body work, restoring overall youthful appearance. I am 51 years old and am told constantly that I look much younger. His skill has made a difference and I have been able to avoid a face lift thanks to his genius facial work. Dr. Kornstein always takes time out to plan and discuss my short term/long term needs. Pre op he plans and studies the areas to be corrected to attain the best result. He is caring and knows his patients well. He always counsels on how to achieve goals and overall best outcomes in a genuine and caring way. His staff is also very skilled, caring and friendly. He will only do what is going to achieve a great result and look natural for the patient. I highly recommend Dr. Kornstein to people of any age seeking a great surgeon and caring Dr.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2015

Let me begin by saying …I am an ACTUAL patient…who has met with Dr. Kornstein on numerous occasions and have had several procedures performed by him. I first became aware of Dr. Korsnstein after coming across a paper he authored about a unique procedure he specialized in. I had been to several consults before meeting with him and I must say that experience was by far the most relaxed amiable comprehensive and informative discussion of all. I am not an easy sell but the rapport was instant. What is so special about a consult with Dr. Kornstein is the amount of information and insight shared about how the deeper structures contribute to the surface issues and how the different aspects of surrounding areas impact on others. It is a real education and you leave with a much greater understanding of the correction required. He is a man still very enthused and excited about the work he does and stays cutting edge in the techniques he employs in his toolkit. Look… the patient population of a plastic surgeon is unique among the medical specialties and encompasses a wide range of personalities and perspectives as can be seen in the far too many unfortunate bizarre outcomes often demanded by them. Let’s be honest it is very human to be highly subjective in our opinion on our appearance. You WANT and NEED the practiced eye of an experienced surgeon with an aesthetic sense to offer valuable balance and perspective to your analysis to keep on the right side of the fine line between natural enhancement and caricature. The human body is not like working with wood or metal where precise results can be predicted beforehand. I have found Dr. Kornstein to be very open to discuss results and where fair reasonable and needed address any concerns that arise. What could be fairer? What else can be reasonably expected of any practitioner ? Bear in mind a surgeon sees thousands of patients in the course of his career. There will inevitably be a few cases where patient expectations cannot be satisfactorily met. This is reality. In making your decision review his ample untouched non-cherry picked B&A galleries of the various procedures he performs and …PLEASE…do yourself the favor and MEET the man personally and make up your own mind as to his character and competence. At the very least you will come away much better informed about the nature of what your correction entails. Like me I believe it will be the beginning of a trusted lifetime relationship and one you will share with your closest friends. I WISH YOU ALL … THE BEST.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2015

Dr. Kornstein is an exceptional surgeon who treats his patients like family. He has an outstanding aesthetic eye and yet, he always listens to his patient's needs and concerns. Importantly, Dr. Kornstein has truly mastered the art of maintaining "natural" beauty for his patients, so that his work achieves the desired results of a youthful appeaarance in the most natural way! I have been a patient for over 15 years, and have had botox, fillers, and rhinoplasty, all of which have had exceptional results while maintaining a soft, natural look throughout. I have complete confidence in all he does, as Dr. Kornstein takes enormous pride in his work. You would be fortunate to have Dr. Kornstein as your cosmetic surgeon, as I have been for these many years!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

Dr. Andrew N. Kornstein's Credentials

• Cornell Univ Med Coll, New York Ny 10021 (Grad. 1986)

• BCBS Illinois