Ratings for Dr. Thomas E. Kinney

Due to breast cancer I need surgery. I don't know where to begin regarding Dr Thomas Kinney in Brookfield,Wisconsin. My very first visit I felt uncomfortable with inappropriate touching near my upper thigh and the fact that he kissed me on the cheek. Consequently he did a diep flap surgery unsatisfactory outcome. Breasts do not look natural at all and they are at least 1 cup size different. Following the surgery I developed E. coli and all three surgery sites opened up. The E. coli was discovered by my oncologist. I requested a culture from Dr Kinney of the opened areas or an antibiotic. He did not want to do either. Subsequently I needed 80 (EIGHTY) treatments of hyperbaric therapy, a wound vac with tubes from all three sites. He did surgery again to attempt to close the opened areas which was unsuccessful. His partner did another revision. I will still need at least one additional surgery to my breasts to try and create a more natural result. Inappropriate words continued.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

I had a breast reduction at a very young age, he made me feel comfortable...and not to mention he did an awesome job. My biggest concern is if my insurance would pay for it...he said I will take care of that...and he did. Love, Love him!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2013

Breast reduction went as well as to be expected, I guess. Was a little uncomfortable with the unnecessary nipple tweaking. Informed him of an infection 2 days after (swollen, red, hot to the touch) instead of asking me to come in, was per scribed antibiotics over the phone. 2 days later was hospitalized for a week. Eventually healed and went to see him and as he stared intently into my eyes, he tweaked my nipples again, asking me if I felt that. Super uncomfortable moment. Just never went back. The "I love you's", kissing and the touching w/out a nurse in the room weird-ed me out. Nipples are really close to my arm pits but hey, at least they are not resting on my thighs anymore!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2013

I had a DIEP flap reconstruction with results that i was not happy with, so i had implants placed. Then, there was asymmetry - had another operation to try to correct this & placement height. Scars are long & my abdominal scar is only 3cm from my umbilicus and uneven at my hips. Perhaps this is hyper-critical, but scar size and placement were big concerns for me. I would give him an A for bedside, and a B- for results.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2012

Very sweet. Cares about patient. Even sent flowers after procedure.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2011

I had breast reconstuction along with a double mastectomy. Dr Kinney did a DIEP flap procedure (basically, fat from the stomach is used to create new breasts). I am extremely happy with the results. He is a very nice man! He sends flowers to the hospital! It requires 1-2 days in intensive care and a total of 5-7 days in the hosptial. The surgery takes 8 hours! There aren't a lot of doctors who do this procedure. Note: he really cares about his patients-this includes sometimes saying "I love you" and kissing you on the head (while in the hospital). I knew this going in, so I wasn't offended.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2008

Dr. Thomas E. Kinney's Credentials

• Medical College Of Wisconsin (Grad. 1985)

HealthPartners