Ratings for Dr. Ebrahim Hazany

Certainly a bit blown away by some of the more negative comments but then again as I'm sure most of us know when working with the public you're never going to please everyone and of course as humans we all have our good and bad days. I've been seeing Dr. Hazany for approximately 3 years now and I am so grateful to have found him and his wonderful staff- Lisa in particular is a supernatural multitasker plus I always find myself looking forward to our banter. It is difficult to find any physician let alone a psychiatrist who is not only extremely competent but also genuinely cares for a patients wellbeing yet Dr. Hazany happens to be one of those rarities that encompasses both imperative qualities. He truly listens and has the uncanny ability to hone in on those questions that really get to the root of the issue so that he can tailor a treatment plan specifically for you and adjust as needed. Also, I have found the insightfulness of his questions and feedback remind me to evaluate my motives, actions, and emotions and the roles they play in my life. Mindfulness is so important in general but particularly when getting treatment not only in regards to the responses you have to medications but to the reasons you sought help to begin with. To qualify that last statement he is a psychiatrist and not a therapist (though I imagine he would make an amazing therapist as well) but he does definitely encourage incorporating therapy in to the treatment plan (and will provide referrals) to augment treatment from different angles. Lastly, if he assesses that you need a bit more time during an appointment HE WILL MAKE THAT TIME. You are NOT just another number with a strict time allotment. He will NOT throw a prescription at you and shove you out the door if your time is up. He WILL make sure that both of you are comfortable with and understand the treatment plan every time you see him. Now keep in mind though this may mean some days your time in the waiting room may be longer because he deemed it necessary to spend more time with an earlier patient and while that may be frustrating if you have a tight schedule keep in mind that when the day comes that you need that extra time you will get it. I could go on and on but if you're willing to put the time in and be honest... not just with him but with yourself I truly believe you will get the help that you need with him.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2018

Dr hazany has been one of the most caring doctors I have ever had in my life. I've been seeing him nearly 6 years and I can't imagine seeing anyone else. When I first started seeing him my life was completely in shambles. He worked with me at my own pace and helped me with my social anxiety as well as other issues I initially came in for. He's always provided me with great insight and new perspective. I would highly recommend him to anyone!! His staff is great too, Lisa is amazing!

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

Dr. Hazany is a well-informed, nice psychiatrist. He is very professional, while at the same time being thoughtful. When I first came to him, I had just been hospitalized from being way too over-medicated from a previous psychiatrist. He didn't hesitate at all to make needed adjustments and to get me off a bunch of medicines I didn't need. The other psychiatrist I had (Dr. Ronald Persaud), was content to add medications on top of other medications without weaning me off of those I didn't need anymore. Dr. Hazany is the opposite...very willing to help me get by with the least amount of medication possible. His front office people are very nice. One of the women is very quiet and does her work in the background, but the other (Lisa) is very personable and knowledgeable and helpful. She always gives Dr. Hazany the messages I leave for him if I have any questions and then she calls me back with an answer. I highly recommend Dr. Hazany and his staff.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

While I was waiting for doc, the office clerk charged me $50 in advance to even billing my insurance company (which I have never paid a co-pay under). When I finally did see Dr. Hazany, he did not want to refill my current prescriptions that I have been on for about five years and have already been approved by my OBGYN. He said that I was too much of a liability because I was pregnant. He feared I would sue him for any birth defects, whether or not they are caused by my medications. Then, he continued to question me on whether or not I was going to keep my child (I am 6 months pregnant) because he is doomed for a mood disorder! Also, I was told by him that my child will suffer from codependency from ages 2-50 because I have fear of abandonment. When I asked if that would be fixable/workable with me in therapy, he replied, "Not in my experience."

flag | Submitted April 7, 2014

I am so glad to have found Dr. Hazany. I am not a fan of Dr.'s, but he's an exception. I have been a smoker for 45+ years and very addicted to cigarettes. Couldn't go 1 hour without smoking. Dr. Hazany has put me on a multi faceted program and as a result, have been smokeless for some time now, something others were not able to do for me. He is very observant of me as a patient and is able to evaluate based on sound observations. I do not detect any ego issues with him as many in the medical profession have. His staff are absolutely a pleasure to deal with and his Lisa is just great.He may have added several years on to my life, and that's saying something.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2012

Dr. Hazany treated my husband in January 2012. 1st drug was a disaster, but 2nd drug seemed to work very well. My husband is much more composed and like himself that before. Overall, we believe he is as good a dr. as you're going to find in the Ventura area.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2012

Dr. Hazany is the first psychiatrist I've ever been to and I found him to be helpful and informative in diagnosing me and working to find the right treatment. Sometimes that takes time and different medications need to be tried. No one but you will know if they will make you feel better or worse. He and the staff have been very accommodating when I needed to drop by on short-notice and when I have to bring my kids. The blonde front desk lady is really nice and I've found her to be very helpful. The lady with the dark hair can be rude depending on her mood and how busy she is. The fact that there's a pharmacy in the same building is a big factor why I choose to see this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2011

Awful Doctor. Works on a basis of try this and see how it goes wasted 3 months of falling into worse symptoms then i came in with. This is no joke avoid doctor at all cost. Gave no info or cause behind 6 different prescriptions then caused more problems then solved. Every app was just here try this. Waste of money more importantly waste of 3 months feeling worse then ever.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2011

Rudest doctor and staff I have ever met. They constantly lie about calling insurance companies and patients. Save yourself the headache of dealing with this rude people. They don't know how to treat patients with respect.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2011

I've been going to him for two years. I've been to several psychiatrists over the years, and Dr. Hazany definitely knows his stuff. For the first time in 25 years I actually feel like a normal person. Better put, read the other positive comments on this site. They say it to a T. There will always be someone that has a bad experience, but trust me that it is far and few between in this office. Dr. Hazany is wonderful!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2011

Dr. Ebrahim Hazany's Credentials

• Teheran Univ, Fac Of Med, Teheran, Iran (Grad. 1985)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Newbury Park, CA