Ratings for Dr. Guy Girtel

We had a great dentist who retired, then we asked around. Someone said Guy Girtel was good. We have been with him for a number of years. But WE ARE DONE. His dental hygienist is really EXCELLENT, but Girtel spends most of his time telling his patients the same stories over and over again--marathon he went on, expensive holidays, etc.. Really?? If he spent as much time attending to my teeth as he does waxing on about his marathons, I'd have a perfect set. Here's the bottom line: this dentist doesn't have clue how to do anything beyond checking your teeth. Fillings? They fall out, or are poorly smoothed. Don't even think about letting him do a crown. Goodbye, Girtel.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2018

I would not go anywhere else but to Dr. Girtel , Ive had fillings , root canals , teeth pulled and never once had any problems. He recently crowned my front teeth and I absolutely love them ! He and Nicole are the best ! His entire staff is. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Excellent dentist and a true professional! Highly recommended!!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2016

Spends time explaining problems and procedures and makes you feel like part of the plan.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

Do NOT under any circumstance get a root canal or any other serious dental procedure from Dr. Girtel. He has no idea what he is doing, and 100% you will be back repeatedly for problems with the same tooth until you have to go elsewhere to actually get the problem resolved. My entire family has had issues with his "root canal's", I had to go to a specialist with a massive infection that would not freeze, and undergo torture to fix my tooth that was mutilated by Dr. Girtel. Fragments were left in my family members gum causing massive infection and he had to have his tooth pulled, by another specialist. We have been long time clients and all had to go elsewhere, and have had NO problems since. Dentistry is supposed to be preventative, and Dr. Girtel doesn't practice this at all.

Submitted August 22, 2015

Just great. Everyone knows their stuff and are very good at what they do.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

Great doctor, great hygienists, great reception, all around comforting place to be when getting dental work.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

Myself, my husband, my brother and a family friend who was referred to Dr.Girtel by our family, have all had incomplete root canals done by him. After repeated appointments to fix root canals and being charged each and every time for the same tooth, we tried another dentist, my husbands tooth was so badly infected the tooth had to be pulled, the root had been left exposed and this was after 3 appointments to rectify the same problem. When I called to ask why they would charge me every time, inform them what another doc had found I was transferred to the hygienist!! She was rude, told me that there are no garauntees, and that if I'm not happy toake another appointment!! Needless to say I did not pay the 3rd bill, not did I receive a bill in the mail. Sadly I had been seeing him for many years and feel taken advantage of. I have since found a fantastic dentist, and the bonus is I don't have a huge bill to pay anymore after my 100% dental coverage like I had at Dr Girtels office either.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2014

Great person, great communicator, professional staff, you can have a real conversation there about any issue instead of being rushed through. Have so much fun there that I never want to leave! One of the best health decisions I ever made in my life - for both myself and my family. Thank you Dr. Girtel and all your great staff.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2014

Dr. Girtel is a trustworthy and above board person and dentist. He has shown that he cares about his patients by the excellent work he does and the care he takes to ensure that patients are involved with and satisfied with the treatment they receive. I have recommended many people to his practice and I will continue to do so. He hires competent, professional staff who are all a reflection of his high standards when it comes to dental care. Best dentist in the city of Edmonton.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2014