Ratings for Dr. Genevieve Rousseau

Attending dr when I gave birth at the General. Was funny, good at providing information. I had a great birth and needed minimal stitches afterwards. Would be happy to have her deliver my next :)

flag | Submitted November 27, 2018

Every time it's over a hour wait.. being pregnant with problems that's horrible... Every time it's 1-1/2 hr wait.. never see her always get the nurse whose nice but rushes u or sends students in.. not impressed

flag | Submitted September 18, 2018

Very positive and funny. Talks a lot and very friendly. It wasn't her when I arrived at the hospital but it was fun having her for all those appointment.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2018

I was referred to Dr. Rosseau as I had complications with my pregnancy and almost had a miscarriage. At the time, I did not have an OB and she seemed very knowledgable and nice, took the time to comfort me and explain what was happening. She is very knowledgable and her nurse Nichole is excellent. However, that was the list time I had seen her, every-time I only get to see the nurse despite me continuing to have complications.I have to call the office to remind the staff to review my lab work and tell me the results or give me referrals when I need to. The front staff are not organized, and the doctor will not see you again, if you are lucky enough you will run into her at your delivery!! I understand that she is busy, but she should not take patients if she is not ready to give them the level of care they signed up for when they were referred to her. I am very disappointed, she is a great doctor but you almost never see her as she has different priorities, and these priorities don't include you and your baby!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

Dr Rousseau was following me for the first half of my pregnancy, but I had to switch because it was not close to home. The Montfort is closer for me to deliver at and dr Rousseau only has privelages at the general. Overall dr Rousseau was very nice, but I only met her twice. Her nurse assistant was very nice too. The front desk girls were not as great. They messed up my appointment time on one occasion by 30 minutes, and when I went to transfer my file to a new doctor the receptionist at Origyns was really rude, huffing and puffing because the new doctor didn't receive the files. She said she would have to re print allllll the papers of my file all over again in a manner than made me feel bad, like I've done something to her. I also wasn't happy about times I had complications it was really hard to get a hold of anyone. They were always returning my calls days later, leaving me no choice but to wait it out or go to the ER. 3 stars is what they get. Also, be careful about the parking, I got an expensive fine one day there when my parking pass was 15 min over due. Another thing to note: they have a cafe downstairs in the building and one day I ordered a BLT, and I got a BLTB. (Bacon,lettuce,turkey bacon) it was not a BLT, so I returned it and was slightly offended to be honest.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

Have had nothing but great interaction with her. She doesn't jump to surgery right away and is very methodical in her treatment of her patients. I am very confident being treated by her and highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

I had the most wonderful and amazing experience with Dr. Rousseau. The best doctor I ever had. She is very punctual, I saw her a few minutes earlier than my appointment time. This is never happen to me. My previous family doctor will make me wait for more than 5 hours, and it is longer than I go to Ottawa Hospital Emergency. Dr. Rousseau was smiling all the way through our meeting. She made me at ease even I was anxious with my conditions. She was extremely patient to explain to me and to answer my questions. She is very knowledgeable which is so helpful to release my anxiety about my situation. I can’t say enough wonderful things about her. I would say she is the best!!!!!!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

great great great great greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

The best doctor , she moved from the previouse clinic she worked at , i wish i knew where she is now.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2017

Very disorganized. Front staff messed up appointment dates not once, but twice for a patient in critical condition and needing surgery. Also Dr Rousseau has very outdated information and knows next to nothing about current practices for surgical intervention. Stay away from this clinic at all costs; your time, health and well being are not valued here.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017