Ratings for Dr. David Pinkerton

He has no knowledge about anything it seems. From prescribing a pill instead of a topical cream (That he was told worked in the past) that ended up having serious side effects ending in a emerge trip, to prescribing pills that worsen other known symptoms (then giving up on a real solution) to flat out telling me that my mental health issues were not serious enough to see a professional even though I was going through major depression with thoughts of suicide. Looking for a new doc.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Dr pinkerton has been my doctor for about 8 years. He is always thoughtful and considerate to my situation. I would not go to a doctor

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

Love doctor Pinkerton. as for the receptionist, she needs to move her bed , she seems to always getting out of the wrong side. (Love Donna) And as for the nurse that is there now, she is a piece of work, look in and she is sitting on facebook, making patients wait until she is done doing whatever. Always comes across as rude, and in a hurry, maybe she is playing Farmville on Facebook and needs to feed her animals! ;)

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

Not knowledgeable when it comes to specifics. Would rather have a different dr.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2015

I was referred to Dr.Pinkerton from my pediatrician when I became an adult. He is a very good doctor. He listens to what you are telling him and cares about what you think. He is also the kind of doctor that can think outside of the box. He is willing to try different things to see if it works. He isn't the kind of doctor who thinks he knows everything. If he is not totally sure about something, he will refeer you to a specialist. He has been a very excellent doctor to me for around 20 years now. I would recommend him to anyone I care about. I feel very lucky to have found him. He is professional, respectful, kind and shows empathy.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

Dr Pinkerton is a very nice man. He stresses healthy eating and exercise, which is good. However, I think he kind of sucks as a doctor. He frequently will say "Huh. What do you think we should do about this?" and I'm thinking, don't you KNOW what we should do?? If your appointment is at 2 expect to be sitting there well past 3. I agree with a previous poster that his hair is distracting. However, I do find him a kind and gentle person, but he always strikes me as someone who became a doctor because his dad was a dr, and not because its ever what he wanted to do. The staff could stand to be more welcoming and friendly.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

Pinkerton's biggest fault is his staff followed by his lack of up-to-date knowledge and training in his field. His "nurses" (really they are just glorified receptionists) are nasty, rude, short and downright cruel to patents over the phone and occasionally in person. They talk down to all the clients and act as if they know everything. Meanwhile, in the real world, real nurses work alongside their doctors and take projectile vomiting and diarrhoea to the faces all while being reassuring and kind to their patients, but I digress. I went into an appointment with Pinkerton and he was completely unaware of current well established research in the field. Even when quoting the facts, figures and research he still stuck with his incorrect knowledge. I work in the medical field as a doctor in another field. It took moving to the UK and being seen by a GP there to get help for something Pinkerton should have diagnosed years ago. This doctor is nice, but if it's serous seek a second opinion!

flag | Submitted August 7, 2013

I do not like the 'same day' appointments. I work out of town and with the phone only being answered after 9:30 - I need to drive to work (1+ hour) and THEN call to see if I can get in later that day. Such a waste of time, fuel and money. Lots of people need to book time off work!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2013

Dr. Pinkerton is wonderful. I really appreciate all the time he gives me during an appointment. It reminds me to be tolerant with as he gives the same care and time to all of his patients. The Receptionists do need to work on their phone skills.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2012

Have had problems with test results not being provided to me, very bothersome when there was reason to follow up. I do like the same day appointment bookings, that is a bonus. Will follow up in the future for ALL test results. I find the wait time to see the Doctor reasonable. I'm sure most Doctor's offices are the same.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2012