Ratings for Dr. Jan Salat

It is with a sad heart that I learned from Dr. Salat he had to retire due to health concerns. He was my doc for 10 years and my hubby's for 16. Absolutely loved him. Which I could find someone as caring and as thoughtful as he was.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

good doctor, really satisfied of my exam today he was very efficient

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Dr. Salat is insightful, knowledgeable and helpful. He properly diagnosed me and as a consequence treated illness that was making my life miserable for 3 months in a row.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2014

Yeah, Dr. Salat is fantastic and intuitive. The Apple Tree Medical Clinic staff have been trained by headquarters to be bureaucratic, non-caring zombies.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

He is a respectable doctor working in a heartless and pathetic clinic.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Jan Salat for 20+ years now and never felt I needed to see another GP. He has been consistently knowledgeable (but able to say "I don't know" when he didn't)and - most of all - compassionate. I never tried any sort of alternative medicine with him but always appreciated his common sense approach when it comes to traditional treatment - without over reactions or drama. We were already wondering where we could find another GP like him, in case he plans to retire :-)

flag | Submitted June 19, 2013

He's been my grandparents Dr for years; very good with them. Was TERRIBLE with me. First, he forgot I was there waiting. He almost went home, leaving me in the office. I had a lump on my head that was very sore and started to grow. All he did was touch it, not tests, and said it was nothing, just a cosmetic cyst. I told him it caused me pain and he responded, "no it doesnt." A few months later, it was so massive and painful, I couldn't sleep or even pay attention to anything but the pain. I visited an emergency clinic and they confirmed it was an abscess, a massive infection in my head, and they needed to do an immediate procedure to remove it. Dr Solat made me feel like he couldn't care less. Maybe it was a bad day but I will never see him again.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2013

Bad, bad doctor who really DOES NOT CARE about patients but cares only about money $$$ and want you in and out in 2-3 minutes just to collect his money from OHIP . I went to Apple three clink where he works with symptoms of ''shingles ''(herpes zoster)and a LOT of pain. This guy did not even look and exterminated my skin rush . He stayed 5 feet away from me and told me it is nothing to worry about and take vitamins B 12 . I went to other clink on Bank str after 2 days in lot of pain and was diagnosed at once with dangerous shingles disease and the other doctor give me antibiotics and told me that now is little to late because i did not get there earlier since it is very important to start treating this disease with antibiotics the first 72 hours ...SO doctor Jan Miroslav Salat is NOT a good doctor who cares about his patients

flag | Submitted November 18, 2012

He has been my doctor for several years and has always been interested, insightful, compassionate and contemplative during our meetings. He has recommended alternative drugs, suggested alternative treatments and is always friendly and communicative. He is a competent doctor.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2012

We (family of 2 adults & 2 Kids)attended the drop-in clinic on Saturday 29th January. We found the time estimate given us on arrival accurate. The Dr did complete exams of the four of us (which we don't usually see)even thought our symptoms where all the same. I was impressed and would go to a clinic futher away just to get him again. Took his time and was complete.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2011