Ratings for Dr. David C. Reid

I attended the Sather Clinic in the early 90’s for bilateral calf pain that worsened with exercise, and after extensive testing Dr. Reid diagnosed me with exercise-induced compartment syndrome. When bilateral fasciotomies didn’t relieve the pain, additional tests showed involvement and entrapment of the superficial and peroneal nerves, which were released... and never did my symptoms at any point ease up. I finally decided to just live with the pain and dysfunction because there is no way I wanted to go through more unsuccessful surgeries. Dr. Reid was super knowledgeable, however, and his staff awkward pleasant— but this was 25 years ago, when he was on staff with professional sports teams. By the way, Independent Medical Examiner means exactly that. Insurance companies use these, typically very accomplished, respected, and distinguished, individuals to review all your medical information, some of which can be contradictory, and to do an examination and make recommendations for further treatment based on that. (I used to work in insurance and we’d have to get expert advice all the time). There are ways to appeal WCB decisions as well and although Dr. Reid isn’t infallible, I’ve always found him to be incredibly knowledgeable and helpful and wickedly funny.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2018

I am a WCB client that saw Dr. Reid a few weeks ago. I was told by WCB that he is an INDEPENDENT Doctor, how can he be considered that way when his office is in the WCB building??? After a lengthy assessment (over an hour) his diagnosis (that I got from my doctor) because of course WCB is not going to tell you that nor is he...pretty much came down to that because I suffer from depression the pain in my lower back and runs down my leg and is at 8-10 ALL THE TIME, even with narcotics is that there's really nothing wrong with me, it's all in my head. WORST doctor I have ever seen, he would not answer any of my questions and just rudely interrupted me any time I tried to ask. He is old and most likely not up to date. If WCB asks me to see him again I would refuse because it was a complete waste of time!!!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

I tore my left ACL playing football in the summer of 2010. Was fortunate enough to have been referred to Dr. Reid at the U of A. He performed surgery in December of 2010, and I am very blessed with the outcome. His staff were great, he also answered all of my questions and reassured me of my concerns. My knee is back to 100%, and I am currently back to enjoying my sport filled lifestyle (hockey, football, soccer..) without the need for a knee brace. He gave me my knee back, and was a pleasure to deal with throughout the entire process. Thank You Dr. Reid!!!!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

I first saw Dr. Reid after suffering for five years with wrist pain. I had seen approx. 9 other Ortho's who said nothing was wrong. At first Dr. Reid found nothing even after an orthroscopy. He did some exploratory surgery, found the problem, fixed it and everything has been great since. I slipped and twisted my knee at work. Dr. Reid had thought I had a torn meniscus, as it turned out I had a Plyca! He fixed that and I've been great since!!! Would recommend him to any one, very skilled and knowledgable. GREAT JOB A+++++++

flag | Submitted February 28, 2013

I was extremely disappointed with the car I received from Dr.Reid. He assured me 99% that he would be able to repair my patellar tendon tear. While I realize that things sometimes don't go as expected, I was disgusted by the care I received after the surgery. If you are a professional athlete that plays for the Oilers or the Eskimos, then by all means, go see him! He caters to these athletes! On my last visit to see him, I was told there was nothing more he could do. He brushed me off and told me that "If it hurts, don't do it". I am a 35 year old who was told I won't be able to run after my kids, jump on the trampoline or play volleyball ever again which I had been playing for over 25 years. Dr.Reid had a young Oiler player waiting for him that day who was booked at exactly the same time as I was. So I was dismissed and disposed of so he could see his more important patient. He is all talk and only cares about his high paying patients.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2012

After years of reporting pain and functional issues by my Ortho Surgeon requesting an MRI, the one test needed to reveal any abnormalities or remaining damage to my approved work place injury. Dr. Reid preformed a physical exam and immediately ordered an MRI. This MRI clearly showed a Complex Tear left behind by the first WCB Surgery, some 3 years earlier. It also explains all the pain and swelling and instability in the joint I was experiencing! He did what I, my own Ortho Surgeon, and Family Dr. could not get WCB to do, listen! And to top it all off, He was unwittingly hired by WCB to do the Physical exam on me! This Doctor was very fair and honest and today that is the highest standard! Because of him, WCB has reversed their decision on my injury and is now accepting it! I only saw Dr. Reid once but he was polite, professional, and thorough. He in my mind still holds true to the Hippocratic Oath, and to his credit! I would highly recommend Dr. Reid! Thanks you for your time.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

flag | Submitted February 3, 2011

Best Dr. in the world! He saved my life in so many ways. I had severe spinal injuries from a car accident, though it took a few surgeries, I am walking to day, and it has been 20 years! I can't say enough about him. He would come in at night and show me picutres of his children, and just spend time talking, what a wonderful man! and excellent surgeon! He went over and above.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2010

flag | Submitted May 21, 2010

He is an amazing surgeon and he saved my sports career. After a year of seeing one doctor after another he was able to easily diagnose and correct my knee problems. I am so grateful to this man. He was very kind and explained everything very clearly and he is an excellent surgeon. I am so grateful that he ended up in my life as he changed my future for the better.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2009