Ratings for Dr. David C. Reid

this doctor is terrible is he even a real doctor scam artists he said i was fine but my doctors specialists are saying i need serious help he doesnt care about anyne but himself

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

WCB Fraud. This rude arrogant creep is an insult to his profession. I am unsure how he has managed to cheat death for this long. He is paid very handsomely by the WCB to do independent medical exams but HIS OFFICE IS IN THE WCB BUILDING???????? WTF????? No compassion, no patience, no help at all. If you are assigned to see this Fraudulent money grubber by WCB do yourself a favor and pick up your Appeal forms while you are there. You are going to need them.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

I am a WCB client that saw Dr. Reid a few weeks ago. I was told by WCB that he is an INDEPENDENT Doctor, how can he be considered that way when his office is in the WCB building??? After a lengthy assessment (over an hour) his diagnosis (that I got from my doctor) because of course WCB is not going to tell you that nor is he...pretty much came down to that because I suffer from depression the pain in my lower back and runs down my leg and is at 8-10 ALL THE TIME, even with narcotics is that there's really nothing wrong with me, it's all in my head. WORST doctor I have ever seen, he would not answer any of my questions and just rudely interrupted me any time I tried to ask. He is old and most likely not up to date. If WCB asks me to see him again I would refuse because it was a complete waste of time!!!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

I tore my left ACL playing football in the summer of 2010. Was fortunate enough to have been referred to Dr. Reid at the U of A. He performed surgery in December of 2010, and I am very blessed with the outcome. His staff were great, he also answered all of my questions and reassured me of my concerns. My knee is back to 100%, and I am currently back to enjoying my sport filled lifestyle (hockey, football, soccer..) without the need for a knee brace. He gave me my knee back, and was a pleasure to deal with throughout the entire process. Thank You Dr. Reid!!!!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

I first saw Dr. Reid after suffering for five years with wrist pain. I had seen approx. 9 other Ortho's who said nothing was wrong. At first Dr. Reid found nothing even after an orthroscopy. He did some exploratory surgery, found the problem, fixed it and everything has been great since. I slipped and twisted my knee at work. Dr. Reid had thought I had a torn meniscus, as it turned out I had a Plyca! He fixed that and I've been great since!!! Would recommend him to any one, very skilled and knowledgable. GREAT JOB A+++++++

flag | Submitted February 28, 2013

I was extremely disappointed with the car I received from Dr.Reid. He assured me 99% that he would be able to repair my patellar tendon tear. While I realize that things sometimes don't go as expected, I was disgusted by the care I received after the surgery. If you are a professional athlete that plays for the Oilers or the Eskimos, then by all means, go see him! He caters to these athletes! On my last visit to see him, I was told there was nothing more he could do. He brushed me off and told me that "If it hurts, don't do it". I am a 35 year old who was told I won't be able to run after my kids, jump on the trampoline or play volleyball ever again which I had been playing for over 25 years. Dr.Reid had a young Oiler player waiting for him that day who was booked at exactly the same time as I was. So I was dismissed and disposed of so he could see his more important patient. He is all talk and only cares about his high paying patients.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2012

After years of reporting pain and functional issues by my Ortho Surgeon requesting an MRI, the one test needed to reveal any abnormalities or remaining damage to my approved work place injury. Dr. Reid preformed a physical exam and immediately ordered an MRI. This MRI clearly showed a Complex Tear left behind by the first WCB Surgery, some 3 years earlier. It also explains all the pain and swelling and instability in the joint I was experiencing! He did what I, my own Ortho Surgeon, and Family Dr. could not get WCB to do, listen! And to top it all off, He was unwittingly hired by WCB to do the Physical exam on me! This Doctor was very fair and honest and today that is the highest standard! Because of him, WCB has reversed their decision on my injury and is now accepting it! I only saw Dr. Reid once but he was polite, professional, and thorough. He in my mind still holds true to the Hippocratic Oath, and to his credit! I would highly recommend Dr. Reid! Thanks you for your time.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

flag | Submitted February 3, 2011

Best Dr. in the world! He saved my life in so many ways. I had severe spinal injuries from a car accident, though it took a few surgeries, I am walking to day, and it has been 20 years! I can't say enough about him. He would come in at night and show me picutres of his children, and just spend time talking, what a wonderful man! and excellent surgeon! He went over and above.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2010