Ratings for Dr. Thomas Ranieri

35 years as a patient . Very good Doctor! Tom is a compassionate man and has always been a good listener. I feel like i actually matter and i'm not just a billing when i go for an appointment which is rare enough that he could treat me with casualness . More Doctors could take lessons from this man . As for the review below me i find his statement hard to believe. Doctor Rainieri has always expressed concerns prior to questionable addicting drugs before prescribing any to me. And does not fail to answer any question one may have about those drugs. If your addicted to a drug i would tell you to first look at your own part of the addiction before blaming someone else for it. Of course though that is the addicts way. Blame someone else. As for his punctuality many comment blow understand the the nature of what being a Doctor is in these times . The amount of paperwork would baffle most . And to be thorough it takes time. Go early and read a magazine . Oh . By the way . If you don't have to wait a your Doctors office how good is he?

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

I can't believe what I'm reading I saw this doctor for years when I was done he had me severely addicted to the medication he kept dumping on me and increasing. As for the wait time it was ridiculous. I found this out why it was because for every 15 minute appointment he was Triple booking, knowing he could never get through three patients in 15 minutes.. I ended up sitting in a dark room for 2 weeks going through severe withdrawals it took almost two years for all the side effects of being addicted to finally subsided because of this Doctor who loves prescribing also how many patients can he get through his office in one day two to three hour wait times really?

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Dr. Ranieri is simply the BEST Doctor in the City bar none. He's been my Doctor since he began his practice, and I just hope he's around longer than me. Waiting time?? It's a lesson in patience but worth every minute. This man is truly the most compassionate caring Doctor I've ever met. Receptionist is just fine, by the way and have never had an issue at West Grove, they deserve a bit of respect, not a berated bunch of hogwash. Two thumbs up for this Doctor and his staff. Love you all.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2016

I've known Dr. Tom since he was an intern at the 'Mis...he is simply the best of the best! I'dnever complain about waiting a bit to see the BEST Doctor in Edmonton!! He's well-informed, gentle , compassionate, doesn't over-prescribe, and genuinely cares about his patients & their families .

flag | Submitted October 29, 2016

Doctor Ranieri is a fabulous doctor! He takes his time with you, never rushes and if you have a emergency he gets you in ASAP!! Our family has been going to see him for years, HIGHLY recommended!!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

I just call ahead so Im not waiting 2 hours. The reason he is so far behind is because he cares ad doesn't rush through with anyone.Ive learned to adapt and know that my appointment will never be on time.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

RECEPTIONIST IS AWFUL!!! Before I was born my mom went to Raneri and he has been my doctor ever since. after being berated by the horrid receptionist I had to hang up. My doctor Should be the one to tell me what I need not some 9$ an hour receptionist. please stop diagnosing patients over the phone and trying to stick them with some random doctor and have the respect to book me an appointment! I hate the fact that I have to give this place a 1 star just because of one person

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

Thank you to the person who wrote the previous review.... he/she said so well that I can only say "DITTO" !

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

Let's get the elephant in the room out of the way. If you are lucky enough to have this man as your doctor and you have an appointment which is NOT an emergency (I.e. you're not in need of an emergency prescription or you're not really an emergency) you are going to wait to see the man. For the very best reason possible--he's going to devote as much time as necessary to deal with you, your problem, concern, fear, whatever! That means he did that for the seventy patients before you that week when you have an appointment Friday at 4:00pm. Get it? That's a really good thing! Okay now to his doctoring. It's literally the best care you or a loved one can get. Listen, I don't care if you have a U.S. doctor who flys you in on his private jet every week to John's Hopkins you are literally not going to get better medical care...top to bottom. I'm not going to give you personal stats but let's say I know what I'm talking about. It's not possible for a doctor to care more, be more empathetic, to know more, or to find out what you, as an individual, need. That's it. A totally outstanding doctor!

flag | Submitted December 27, 2015

Actually I lie if I rate Dr. Ranierie's punctuality at 5 stars--but I cannot get myself to give him less because he deserves much higher than 5 in all three other categories! It would simply not be fair to have him rated, in total, at less than a full five. In fact, an eight or a nine would be more accurate! He is an outstanding physician, and the only reason his patients have to wait is that he is so thorough and takes so much time with each one of them during their visits. He is an extraordinary physician and human being. I count myself extremely fortunate for being one of his patients.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015