Ratings for Dr. Ernst Bensler

Doesn't refer, even when it is plainly needed. His knowledge is very poor with the most important issue - knowledge of his own limitations.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

This doctor's incompetence put my mother into a fog of gabapentin and oxy. She died of a treatable cancer that went undiagnosed for years. This horrible doctor robbed our family of a caring, vibrant mother we all needed. I can't believe he is still in business.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Good overall physician. A couple of concerns though. He seems reluctant/adverse to referring patients to specialists and the wait times are inexplicably ridiculous! Every single appointment (even morning appointments) results in a minimum 1+ hour wait. I am a senior citizen, so having to wait 1-1.5 hours PAST my scheduled appointment is both frustrating and at times difficult.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

I started seeing Dr.Bensler in 1994 (pregnant with second child-high risk pregnancies), he has been our family doctor fir many yrs. I love his nurse Rosie (although through the yrs his other nurses were friendly&caring too. Rosie is my fav!) Dr. Bensler use to "run behind" a lot (over-booking I think!), however, the last few yes they have improved thus issue tremendously. He specialized in ADD (which my daughter has), and has been supportive of my daily headaches /migraines, I can't say enough about how wonderful he has been to our family. 💝 I recommend him (&his staff) highly!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

Ernest is so nice and caring - very smart man - usually have to wait an hour to see him so allow time to get in.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

I find it interesting that one of the common complaints is that Dr Bensler does not like to refer patients to specialists. I was a patient of his for 28 years and loved him but recently I found that he refused to refer me to specialists. When I finally convinced him otherwise, it took him at least 2 months to write the referral letter. I think he is an excellent diagnostician and but my frustration with the referral issue and the fact that is takes 2 weeks to get an appointment and then you have to wait for at least an hour in the waiting room finally forced me to get another doctor. Over the years he has given me excellent service but he made it known he was very frustrated with the current health system.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

Dr Benzler is my child's FDoctor and he is an outstanding one. He is knowledgeable, caring, gentle, professional and all you would want in a doctor. it is true you wait to see him, but it so worth it for the interaction that one gets. One of the very best doctors, I have met.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

Curteous, professional and very knowledgeable. He took them time to answer all my questions.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

I've been a patient of Dr. Bensler for 26 years. He has been an excellent physician who has always demonstrated excellent knowledge and skills and takes the time to investigate what you are there for. I have been very fortunate to have him as my doctor. His nurse Rosie is one of the nicest people I have ever met. Some people have complained about wait times but in my opinion it's worth the wait to receive his competent and caring treatment.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

Rosie and Dr Bensler are A+. Reception is a bit dodgy. Plan on waiting... and waiting... but worth it.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016