Ratings for Dr. Scott Elliott

ATTENTION WOMEN PLEASE READ! Dr. Elliot is a complete creep and I'm writing this for any other woman contemplating joining his practice. I went in for a breast exam and brought my boyfriend along as previously Dr. Elliot has been weird with me and I didn't feel comfortable with him alone. My boyfriend and I were in the exam room and I explained my symptoms to Elliot. Elliot then asked my boyfriend to go back out to the waiting room as he explained that a female nurse would be doing the examination. Both Elliot and my boyfriend left the room, and a few minutes later Elliot returned alone with NO female nurse in sight to perform the examination. In retrospect I wish I had stopped him but I was in shock and very intimidated that he was brazen enough to lie to me and my boyfriend like that. I have never felt so violated in my life and will be filing a report to the Ontario College of Physicians as this behaviour is completely inappropriate and quite frankly scary that this man is in a position of power. LADIES IF YOU HAVE ANY REGARD FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY PLEASE CONSIDER MY EXPERIENCE BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO SEE DR ELLIOT AS HE CANNOT BE TRUSTED AND SHOULD NOT BE A DOCTOR!!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2018

Dr. Elliott is completely unprofessional, devoid of compassion, and seems to make his medical decisions based on mood rather than what is in the best interest of his patients. I would avoid using him at all costs.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2018

Rude and uncaring. Sarcastic . I think he should give up practice. He is clearly not interested .

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

I have had Dr. Elliott as my main doctor for many years since I was a child. Some may think his "dry humor" is funny but I find him extremely rude and uncaring. His Nurse who is there most often is very spaced out and does not listen to you at all, she makes poor suggestions and acts as if she has a morphine addiction and is drugged up all of the time, maybe she just hates her job that much. When I was a teenager I went in for anxiety and depression and was basically told I was being a bratty spoiled teenager by him and that I should just get over it. It was only a second time I went in years later that I finally got a referral to a psychiatrist. He barely gives you time to actually answer questions and just wants to get onto the next patient. There is also very poor communication with the staff as I've been told by staff I would only be going in for consultation only to be surprised by jumping right into unprepared for intimate examinations with a 50 something year old man who obviously cares nothing for my body or health. (This is especially difficulty dealing with anxiety at the same time, but its not like doctors should care about how their patients feel or anything right?). I am extremely uncomfortable with this man and I will avoid going through anything with Dr.Elliot at all costs unless absolutely necessary from now on, until I can find a new doctor. I do not recommend him unless you only plan on having small easy to fix health problems.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

saw him at the after hours clinic. very unprofessional. doesnt seem to care. very rude sarcastic attitude. not impressed.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2017

My husband saw this Dr in after hours clinic. He was sarcastic and rude, just what an ailing person does not need.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

I too have been a patient of Doctor Elliott for many years. I have been diabetic the entire time. The disease is progressing and I was having severe issues. I developed neuropathy (nerve damage) and had eye issues. He refused to send me to a specialist or prescribe metfomin. He said I was passed that point. All he said was increase your insulin. I was taking almost 300 units a day! Finally I switched doctors and found out I was insulin resistant. My new doctor prescribed metformin and sent me to an eye specialist and a diabetic specialist. I feel much better now. I will never recommend him to anyone. I feel sorry for his patients. His arrogance will get him a malpractice suit!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Dr.Elliot used to be a good doctor but the last year or so he has changed. I find him to be very rude and disinterested in your problems.The first chance I get to find a new doctor I'm taking it.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

Arrogant and rude with terrible bedside manner. I agree with another poster that he treats patients with indifference.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2017

Contrary to many previous comments, I have found Dr. Elliott to be very knowledgeable in a vast number of areas. 20 years ago he was able to diagnose a very rare condition just by looking at it. Further tests confirmed his diagnosis and he sent me to a specialist. Dr. Elliott has always been very prompt, but has never rushed me out of the door, many times asking if I had further concerns. He has always ordered tests or sent me to a specialist when needed. I have never been misdiagnosed or treated incorrectly. I do have to say though, his bedside manner leaves something to be desired at times. He can be blunt, even sarcastic. You hear it how he sees it. Dr. Elliott is of a dying breed who actually shows up at the hospital to check in with his admitted patients. I respect him for that! I have always found his staff to be pleasant; perhaps it is because I smile and am pleasant myself. I feel blessed to have Scott Elliott as my family physician, especially after comparing him to the doctors family and friends have.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2016