Ratings for Dr. Fredric B. Meyer

Fantastic skill, empathetic , world reknown, and kind

flag | Submitted February 7, 2016

After two opinions closer to home I saw Dr. Meyer for his opinion on my intraventricular meningioma. I ginally knew I was in the right place, in the hands of one I could trust. The proof is now, 2 years after my craniotomy and total resection, and my full return to normal life. I tell others, you likely have one chance to get this right. Do it right--it's worth the effort.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

Couldn't ask for a better person and staff. Removed as much of my grade 4 glioblastoma as possible. Very knowledgeable and kind surgeon. Can barely see the long scar across my head. I wouldn't think twice about going back if I needed more surgeries

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

This guy is superman. He's amazing at what he does.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

The most amazing and humble human I have ever known. By far the best, and most talented neurosurgeon. He is the face of neurosurgery both nationally and internationally.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

10 years ago he removed a tumor the size of golfball next to my motor cortex, the area which controls the movement of the left side of my body. I was awakened during the surgery, he was really chatty in the OR. He told me the sensations I felt were backwards which was not typical. He showed me my tumor as it was going to pathology, it had a jellyfish appearance. I had my first seizure during surgery a simple focal seizure, I had no Idea what was going on, it feels like you are possessed losing all control up and down your body. He was patient and kind and his staff fetched our wedding photo to my bed in the OR to keep me calm.. I begged him to knock me out completely, thank God he didn't or I would not be here. He is the very best neurooncological surgeon around! He remove nearly 97% of my tumor! A second tumor was removed by him in 2009. Here I am just over years later and I can't thank this kind, humble gentleman enough!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

This man is a true asset to the Mayo Clinic. He removed my stage 3 brain tumor and I have no ill-effects. A surgeon at a different hospital who previously tried to remove the tumor and failed advised my family I was doomed to die. Dr. Meyer proved him wrong!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

As an international patient - I was so impressed with the Mayo and their staff. Dr. Meyer is such a gifted surgeon not to mention a very caring person. He's so down to earth. I was fortunate to have him do my transph. brain surgery.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2012

Dr. Fredric B. Meyer's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)