Ratings for Dr. Bruce L. Kihlstrom

My husband was diagnosed with a Colloid Cyst and was referred to Dr. Kilstrom. It was almost 3 weeks to get into seeing him, that was three weeks wasted. He laughed in our faces and told us he didn't know why we were referred to him since he mostly worked with VA patients. This should tell you something VA. I asked about removing the cyst and he said ask me in about 10 years and I will let you know. My husband kept having problems and thank God we were able to get in with a neurosurgeon in Greensboro. My husband did have to have brain surgery and could have died if we had listened to Dr. Kilstrom. In our words get a second opinion if you every have to see Dr. Kilstrom or if you are a VA he will see you. Believe me I am doing everything I can to report him to the Medical Board.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2011

This man is not only the finest neurosurgeon on the East Coast but a great friend. If it wasn't for his skill I would be in a wheelchair or worse. He cares about his patients & I went to his pain clinic for one year & he never charged me on dime after workers comp stopped paying. He told me "this place is here to help people get well and you will come here until you get better". How many Dr's would do that? I'm going to miss him when he retires!!!!

flag | Submitted December 26, 2010

I have had 2 surgeries from this doctor and I really think he is great. I had surgery for 3 ruptured disc in 2002 and a benign brain tumor in 2004 and having surgery on your brain is very scary but he and his nurse Kim made me feel so at ease. I am still under his care and will have my last annual MRI this Oct and then will only have to have one every other year so I am very thankful for this doctor. Thanks, dr kihlstrom and kim for all you do.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2009

Operated on my cervical spine, Sept. 2006. Have had nothing but problems. When I told him my neck still hurt, he threw up his hands and said that it was nothing he had done. Would not go to him again.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2008

Dr. Bruce L. Kihlstrom's Credentials

• Univ Of Nc At Chapel Hill Sch Of Med, Chapel Hill Nc 27599 (Grad. 1972)