Ratings for Dr. Edward Ryan

This is my second review of Dr Ryan and his office. I wrote a review just after my IVF procedure and am now very happy to be 13 weeks pregnant and I cannot recommend Dr Ryan's office enough! My fertility story began in the USA at the age of 43. I had heard of Dr Ryan in Toronto, but as I live and work in the States, I decided to seek treatment at an office close to home in the States. I would like to tell you about my initial treatment at another office as the experience makes me appreciate Dr Ryan all the more. I was told by my doctor in the States that my best chance of a child, given my age, was to do Embryo Banking with Comprehensive Chromosomal Screening (CCS). This involved 3 IVF cycles in a span of 6 months, freezing the embryos from the first two cycles and then at the time of the third cycle, growing out all embryos to 5-6 day blastocysts. After the three IVF cycles, I had 9 embryos, but on the 6th day of growing to blastocyst, I was informed that none of the embryos grew successfully and none were considered viable for CCS nor for transfer. So, after much time, physical and emotional effort and cost, I was back at square one. The doctor in the States recommended my next step of using Donor Egg. It was at this time that I decided to travel to Toronto West Fertility to see Dr. Ryan as he has a different philosophy for older ladies: 1) For improved egg quality, Dr Ryan recommended a cocktail of DHEA, CoQ10, PQQ and a prenatal vitamin. 2) Everything must be fresh! The plan was to do a Fresh Embryo Transfer using my own eggs. 3) Absolute no freezing of the embryos and no CCS testing of embryo. He recommended that I do the Harmony Test at week 10 if I wanted. 4) The transfer was to occur on Day 3. He did not recommend growing to blastocyst because of the risk to the embryo of not surviving the lab time to day 5-6. So, after one IVF cycle under the care of Dr Ryan, Dr Claessens and their fabulous team, using a 3 Day fresh embryo transfer protocol with my own eggs and having had a successful Harmony test at week 10, I am now 13 weeks pregnant. I wish more offices offered the protocol that Dr Ryan offers, instead of the expensive CCS route or the donor egg route. Sending a big thanks to Dr Ryan and his team!!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2018

I’m writing this as I’m, graduating from Dr. Ryan at 10 weeks pregnant! Our journey has been long, full of big feelings, and I truly believe made possible only by Toronto West FC. I remained undiagnosed like many will, but after trying IUIs a few ways we chose to pursue IVF. Dr. Ryan personally did my IVF egg retrieval and my successful FET, both procedures at Create. Otherwise, the clinic is where everything else was done. Monitoring is easy in the morning, wait times are reliable and visits are thorough. You see the Dr. every single visit. The nursing staff is unbeatable, Manuella and Ella are like family. I can’t thank them enough for literally holding my hand, answering all my questions, and reassuring my significant anxieties with patience and kindness. Graduating is exciting, and we’ll be sure to visit with healthy babe in arms just to see their genuine smiles, celebrating success for us all.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2018

42 years old and I had twins after only a few treatments. Everyone was kind and patient. They even called after the birth to find out how I was doing. The wait times are so much shorter than other clinics. For my first born, I used to arrive at a different clinic at 6:30 and have to wait for my doctor to show up at 9ish, making me super late for work almost every day of treatment.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2018

I LOVE TORONTO WEST FERTILITY! They made me feel so comfortable and safe in an otherwise foreign and stressful experience. Dr. Ryan answered all of my after hour calls, even though they were silly, and reassured me and set me straight. His staff went above and beyond in every visit for me and my husband I couldn't be more grateful to have been supported by this team. We got pregnant within 4 months, as Dr. Ryan promised. "We'll have you pregnant in 3-6 months" Even when I was feeling discouraged and scared, Dr. Ryan always cheered me up and made me feel confident that it was going to happen. Best experience I could have hoped for. Every visit was a pleasure and a good laugh.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2018

I am so thankful to have just had treatment at Dr. Ryan's office. He is professional, kind and caring, as is his entire team!! The office has a family feel...they know your name and you know theirs... Dr. Ryan, Dr Claessens, Manuella, Elena, Lata, Sonya, Ella, Adriana...they were all so professional, but also compassionate and hopeful for your success. I came to Dr Ryan's office after failed IVF treatment at another clinic. At that other clinic, it was highly recommended/pushed to use donor eggs. I wanted to try using my own eggs first. Dr. Ryan has a different protocol for older ladies than the office I went to, and he knows all the most recent research for successful outcomes. It is too early to know if the IVF cycle I have just completed has resulted in pregnancy, but I am hopeful and thankful for his evidence-based approach using my own eggs and t o his entire team for their excellent care!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2018

Asked us to go on letrozole, CoQ10, and DHEA or we would not get pregnant. Got a second opinion. Second specialist told we would have no problem getting pregnant naturally, and two months later we did. We returned to the clinic for blood work. He was very rude and cold to us! Staff was also rude ...Manuella (the alleged self-proclaimed nurse, who is not registered with college of nurses - we called) and the receptionist. How dare we refuse medication and get pregnant on our own, when he could have medicated us and taken credit for our pregnancy? In the end, we had an easy pregnancy and a healthy baby. We are now expecting again.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2018

I can't stress enough how truly thankful I am that we went to this clinic. The entire fertility clinic process can be stressful and overwhelming, but going here made it as easy as it could have been, considering hte circumstances. The staff are amazingly helpful and kind. They all knew my name after only 3 visits. It really makes a difference to feel that you are not being treated as just another file. When we first arrived at the clinic, my husband had been diagnosed with very low sperm count (5 million) and motility (only 5%). Based on research I had done prior to our first appointment, I was prepared for the news that our only option would be to go straight to IVF. As anyone else who has been through the fertility clinic process knows, that is daunting news. I was in for a huge surprise when Dr Ryan told us not only that it was unlikely we would need to resort to IVF, but that he could easily improve the sperm count/motility with only COQ10, folic acid, and centrum for men. Naturally, we were both skeptical of vitamin treatments but figured we had nothing to loose at that point. Skeptics no more, we are both thrilled to report that the COQ10 worked wonders and Dr Ryan helped us get pregnant after ONLY 3 cycles, on our very first round of IUI! Every day we are thankful that we went to this clinic. Had we been treated elsewhere, it is likely that right now we would either be out thousands of dollars for IVF treatment, or stuck on a long waitlist for government funding. We couldn't be happier.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2018

I would definitely recommend Dr. Ryan and his clinic. I often saw Dr. Taerk, who was also excellent. They try to get you in and out during the cycle monitoring appointments as quickly as possible so that you can get to work on time (free parking at the building is an added bonus). I also really liked that you can see the doctor during each appointment to answer any questions or discuss plans for the cycle. I also appreciated that they do not try to pressure you into any treatments that you're not comfortable with- you can really go at the pace that works for you. After I became pregnant, the nurses were always so kind and helpful to answer all of my questions.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2018

Amazing clinic. The staff knows you by name and show they care

flag | Submitted February 3, 2018

We are very thankful and grateful for Dr. Ryan and his team. He helped, educated, recommended and assist us during our fertility process. My wife is already almost in her first trimester, he is very accommodating, professional and caring. I will recommend his clinic and team to the family who wants to have babies. More power and God bless!!!!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017