Ratings for Dr. Kari L. Carlson

Horrible doctor. Period. Do not go to this MD. All three feedbacks below is pretty much what I have experienced with my pregnancy and post postpartum. Disrespectful, rude, not listening her patients at all and very proud of her degree...

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

I would not recommend Dr. Carlson. I went in with early signs of a ICP, a condition that I had in previous pregnancies, and she claimed that I couldn't possibly have the condition because it only shows up in the last couple of weeks (this is not true--the condition can exist without being pregnant at all, but then it would be called something else). When I told her I felt she was ignoring my symptoms, she said "Which one of us has the medical degree here?" Had I been at my previous practice, I know that my early symptoms would have been of immediate concern to my midwife and doctor because of the stillbirth risk. I then inquired as to whether there were plans to have the midwives on 24/7 delivering at the Redwood City Kaiser Hospital (they were only on two out of three shifts each day), and she said "No, I don't have the budget for that." (Ok. Fair enough.) I then asked whether she tried to schedule a female doctor on call when the midwives aren't there for people who want an all-female delivery team, and she said irritated, "No! I hire who I hire, and everyone goes on the rotation You know there are male midwives as well!" No actually, I had no idea...... So much for mid-wives being "women with women." If you are someone who has ever been sexually abused or assaulted, values a female delivery team, has an unusual pregnancy complication, or just needs someone who will listen to you and treat you with a little bit of respect, don't see her. If you're an OBGYN with more experience than her, you'll probably be ok.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

After five hours of active pushing in labor I asked for a C cessation, which was denied by Dr. Carlson, she said she would only do a C section after trying a vacuum extraction, so she vacuum ripped my 9 pound 13 ounce baby through a hole that consisted of my urethra anus and vagina. After delivery Dr. Carlson rapidity told me my baby was so big she probably has diabetes, which I found disheartening. However baby tested negative for diabetes. Because of this traumatic birth, sex has just recently become less painful than childbirth with the help of physical therapy.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2013

Very mean doctor, she was rude made a huge mistake in telling me I only had one ovary. Thank God I went to another doctor. This doctor should not have a license to practice.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2010

Dr. Kari L. Carlson's Credentials

• University Of California, Davis School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)