Ratings for Dr. JOHN R. Ellington

Best doctor I have ever had. I miss him terribly! I cannot see him anymore because of insurance issues and money owed to Watson Clinic. I feel lost without him. He helps with with anything I need. He's been my doctor for over 30 years!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

When we found out that my wife was to have a historectomy, we were worried about what could happen related to the procedure. All kinds of thoughts were racing through our heads as we got closer to surgery day. My wife is my life and I worry about her so much. I pictured a complicated surgery and days of recovery in an uncomfortable recovery room. We arrived at Lakeland Regional Medical Center early. We weren't waiting long before the staff had us processed, checked in and ready to roll. Dr.John Ellington met with family to thoroughly explain the procedure, from the moment he walked in the room, we all knew that my wife was in good hands. Dr. Ellingtons bed side manner, demeanor and personality in concert with his knowledge and experience were a breath of fresh air. In this modern world, it is good to know that there still exists " Real" doctors. After the surgery we were taken to a room on the fourth floor. I arrived shortly after my wife expecting a hustle, bustle, high stress noisy working environment where the staff were just to busy to actually care, only doing the minimum to not kill the patient. This is what I've seen at so many other hospitals in the past. What a surprise to see a group of real professionals at work. Led by Joe, the head nurse, assisted by nurse Shay and Kiara, the night shift made us feel like my wife was the only patient on the floor. They truly cared about her, tending to every concern. It almost felt like we were in a hotel and not a hospital. On the day shift Nurses Arlene and Bea assisted by Judy made us feel like we were visiting with family as opposed to being patient and spouse. Nurse Iwona was comforting and professional on the night before our discharge. I had no idea that this level of work ethic still existed, but it does and that is a refreshing thing. My thanks to Doctor Ellington and the entire staff that assist him with important work. Bless you all.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Dr. JOHN R. Ellington's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 1974)

Workers Comp