Ratings for Dr. Ricardo Zarruk

I like Dr Zarruk and Melissa is great too. My compliments go out to a great team.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

- Been a patient for 10+ yrs - Secretary NO PROFESSIONALISM and cannot deal with people . Does not return calls, very short tempered ( thought until now I was the only one), no follow up on results. Sweet talking *may* sometimes get her to provide a little more effort but forget the smile (not happening). - Dr. can be rude and brief . I've learned to get on his good side and joke along in between asking questions. When you do not ask questions, over time, he brushes your annual visits and results. I've had several occasions he missed alerts in my Result, No Follow Up calls either. Good thing I was not in critical shape. I would not recommend this Dr if you have a choice. Keep asking questions... even though he may get irritated, but I've learned the hard way by not asking questions for the first few years . I've had seen his attitude/ego at times questioning his analysis and mitigation technique... better be safe than sorry.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

I couldn't agree more with the previous rater that Dr. Zarruk's secretary (Melissa) is a very apathetic person with little or not empathy towards the sick people looking for help in the doctor office. She told me not long ago in a very bad mode that the medicare is a public system and people must to learn to wait. This is ironic because as a senior citizen I get excellent services in hospitals, medical specialists, and CSLC. Unfortunately, I signed the form for Dr. Zarruk to be my family doctor and is very difficult to find another family doctor. I think Dr. Zarruk is an excellent professional but his secretary is the worst of the worst. I'll try to do something about but I don't know what I can really do. Talking to Dr. Zarruk has been useless because he cannot find another secretary easily, but the status quo is not acceptable either. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

Dr. Zarruk has been our family doctor for over 30 years. He is an excellent doctor with with a lot of experience and has always treated us with professionalism and respect. Unfortunately, his secretary Melissa is a disgrace for his good reputation. She is unprepared and unfitted to deal with the public, and consequently has a continuous bad attitude towards Dr. Zarruk's patients. As a psychologist, I believe she is at the wrong job, and perhaps should undertake some PR courses to improve her attitude with Dr. Zarruk's patients. The latter is just a personal suggestion.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2017

Very rude doctor I have probably ever meet to life. Doesn't seem to know anything about the systems. Talking down to me and berated me for asking simple question about my health. Stay away from this doctor, unless you like to berated and humiliated for asking question about your health.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Dr Zarruk has been my primary physician for close to 25 years. He is always present during any examination or discussion and by that I mean really present. He understands his patients needs and takes the time to explain and to explore treatment options. I have always been well treated my him, his medical assistant and his secretary so I have a hard time with the reviews that I am reading here. The Dr Zarruk I know is compassionate and takes the time needed with each patient - so you may need to wait a bit longer than you would like but when he is with you, he is taking care of you and your needs. This is the kind of doctor that I want and this is the kind of doctor I would recommend.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

You gotta change that secretary that doesn't know how to pick up a simple phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2017

I have known Dr. Zarruk for 10 years. Same as below, really disappointing lately. He's losing interest in his patients. It used to be he would be more patient and emphatic. Considering his work load you can actually forgive this but it's just that lately his attitude has become tinged with a "warrior" stance that is actually affecting his performance in my opinion. As for his secretary, Dr Zarruk won't accept any direct comments whatsoever. You better not tell him anything negative about her unless you want to see him really angry... As patients, and considering the current state of the health system in Canada, some of us seem to be more and more at the mercy of people who at some moments even have the gall to show "fatigue" of misusing the power they have over us. I wish I didn't have to go to any doctors. That's how Dr Zarruk makes me feel

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

I have known Dr. Zarruk for 14 years now and I have to say lately he is really disappointing. The long hours...OK, we could agree on the fact that we are understaffed on family doctors, so let's say that one is fine. But he can actually miss a serious condition that can lead to complications. To give you an idea, for a reoccurring issue with the colon, he keeps sending you to Doctor Loutfi downstairs, whose most competent procedure is colonoscopy. So he runs you through that and if he does not see much...Bing! You're OK, get on a diet. In my case there was a proctology issue, he did not even suggest it but when my pain was so severe, I was climbing walls. An abdominal pain was diagnosed as prostatitis even if the "touch" was not conclusive and antibiotics were prescribed, without relation with the real cause, which was something else. And for his secretary...she is the one that calls security, on account of all those nasty pacients that bother her with their pains. She REALLY needs a job where she can WORK a little.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

Ça fait 12 ans que je vais voir Dr. Zarruk et je ne aucun problème toujours à l'écoute et il prend le temps de laisser parler son patiente, je souhaite qu'il part pas tout suite il n y a pas des médecins comme lui toujours à la écoute, sa secrétaire par contre aujourdhui à changer avant c'était comme si les patients arrivent juste pour la déranger elle parlait d'un ton frustrait today elle a changer ou elle fait des efforts mais ça va mieuxwaiting

flag | Submitted November 10, 2014