Ratings for Dr. Andrew C. Leavitt

Dr. Leavitt is amazing. He delivered all three of my babies and was there for me whenever I called! All three pregnancies had preterm scares and Dr. Leavitt got me to full term with all of them. My last pregnancy I started dilating at 25 weeks Dr. L did everything in is power and we made it all the way to 39 weeks! I will never go to anyone else!!!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2014

He was to do a common laproscopic procedure on me at an outpatient facility. It didn't go well, and I had to be rushed from the outpatient center to the hospital, where I spent the next 3 days. When he came out of surgery to tell my family about this, he still had my blood and tissue all over his shoes (my mother almost fainted at his thoughtfulness.) In the hospital he was uncaring, rude, and down right nasty, acting as if this had all been my fault. After I was released, I followed instructions, but since I was now sutured all the way across my lower abdomen, they began to open. I called him and he yelled in a nasty tone telling me, in essence, that it was no big deal. I saw another doctor who took care of the problem. I have never seen this physician again, nor do I want. Maybe he is a different person if delivering a baby, I don't know. But the person I delt with was thoughtless, cruel, rude, and lacking in compassion.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2010

I have used Dr. Leavitt for quite a few years. I've always had a positive experience with him. Unfortunately, he had to break the news to me that I had cancer a few years ago. He called me about an hour after I got home to make sure I was okay and to see if I had any more questions. I was very touched by that. He always takes time to answer my questions and I never feel rushed.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2009

dr leavitt was awesome!!! he is the way he is and i can tell you he is arrogant with patients who dont do what he tells them... i personally know that he has saved 2 of my friends babies!!! he is a good doctor with international credentials... he is a great doctor and i know my daughter is alive and healthy because of dr leavitt!!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2009

I would not recommend Dr. Leavitt. I had a very bad experience with him and found him to be arrogant, with a poor "bedside" manner. I lost a baby at 24 weeks which I feel could have been prevented had Dr. Leavitt listened to my concerns and examined my symptoms my carefully.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2009

I gave this doctor more than a chance! He is very arrogant and not very good at making you feel comfortable. I was bleeding for a week and not until I had a full miscarriage in my bathroom did he take my bleeding seriously!!!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2008

I can't stress enough how bad of experience I had with him. I thought everything was great till after I delivered. After 6 1/2 weeks of bleeding afterwards (and talking to Dr. Leavitt 3 to 4 times about my bleeding and hemoraging) I had to be rushed in to the ER by ambulance to only find out that I shouldn't be bleeding that long. The ER OB that checked me said I had tons of placenta left inside of me. My blood level was down to a 8 by the time I was rushed in for a emergency DNC. After surgery it was down to a 6. Having to spend days away from my 6 week old newborn, having to stop breast feeding etc. He also lied to my family and said that it was only blood clots, after the nurses in recovery were telling me Dr. Leavitt said I had chunks of placenta left inside. The only good thing that came out of it was I never got a bill for the DNC. Don't take the risk of using him. Its not worth it!!!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2008

Dr. Andrew C. Leavitt's Credentials

• Va Commonwealth Univ, Med Coll Of Va Sch Of Med, Richmond Va 23298 (Grad. 1988)