Ratings for Dr. Elbridge F. Bills

Dr Bills seemed nice at 1st, but I soon realized that this practice cares more about money than the actual patients. I had to have a c-section and they called me the day before my appointment to tell me that I had to pay them $1400 at my appointment the next day. I didn't have the cash on hand with that little notice, so I had my father write me a check for it. When I got there for my appointment they told me that they would not accept a check without my name on it and if I could not find another source of payment that they would not see me. Skip ahead to the day of my c-section, Dr. Bills didn't seem to do my c-section himself, but instead was coaching a student to do it. When the 1st nurse saw in my file who my last dr was, she went on raving about how wonderful he was. When I told her my new dr was Dr. Bills and asked her opinion, she replied, "we aren't allowed to talk about the docs". The 2nd nurse who I told he was my Doc didn't like him either and told me that he's "aloof and arrogant". And she was sure to take the strips off of my incision before he got there because she said he would hurt me if he took them off himself. However, I never saw him or any doc from his practice again before I was discharged. The nurses were shocked that they had cut me open, but no one ever came in to check on me or look at my incision in the 4 days I was there before I was discharged. I found a new doc for my follow ups because I would never go to alliance again. My last doc who no longer practices made me feel like family in his office, I had the opposite experience at alliance OBGYN.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2017

He is rude and thinks he is so much better than everyone just because he has an MD behind his name. His bedside manners are terrible. He has no personality and does not know how to interact with humans. He makes it uncomfortable to ask any questions. Punctuality is the only good thing about him.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

Dr. Bills has been my doctor for over 10 years. I was referred to him by my PCP because of their staff sees him. He has always been kind to me and my family. He even called me at home after my surgery to make sure I was doing OK. Unfortuanately the internet is full of people saying nasty things and not the truth.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2013

Dr. Elbridge Bills is an aweful MD. He is rude, and inconsiderate! The only time he is nice to you is if you are spending money paying for his services and products. If you ever have a complaint, he will dismiss it and hang up the phone on you. I'm filing a complaint with the Georgia Composite Medical Board and you should too. Don't allow him to get away with treating you badly because he has the letters MD behind his name. He is no better of a human being than you.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2013

Dr. Bills has aweful bedside manner. He talks very fast so you need to be prepared to listen and don't dare to ask him to repeat himself. You will be seen on time because he is quick with his patients, which wouldn't be so bad if he was nicer. If you go to this practice, the other doctors are great but you have to see all of them at least once. Unfortunately, it was my time to see him, and I felt uneducated about my visit. On top of that he made me feel very stupid. All he cared about was telling me this story that my relatives by marriage could sue him if he messed up the birth so I had better do everything he says or he will drop me as I will be too much of a liability. It seemed like he has told that line many times. After his stern lecture, he left me in the room to cry. I didn't do anything wrong yet! It just wasn't a great impression. Even though I love my other doctor, I found someone else.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2012

Dr. “Brick” Bills is an exceptional doctor. He combines his vast and up-to-date medical knowledge with a caring for patients. Dr. Bills will listen to you, answer questions and treat you as a person. The practice is well-run and efficient, with staff members who also treat each person as an individual. Dr. Bills is a rare find and I am very glad to have found him. He was referred to me by my own general MD who also is a patient of Dr. Bills.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2012

I switched to Dr.Bills because I was having problems that my gynecologist of 10 years was not able to help me with. In my first meeting, Dr. Bills was able to assess my issues, prescribed some medication, and set up a plan of action. He is very knowledgeable and easy to talk to. I didn't feel rushed and Dr. Bills spend a lot of time with me.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2012

Dr. Bills is an AMAZING physician. He caught a condition I have that 3 other very reputable and large practices missed and this condition caused multiple miscarriages. Treating this condition allowed me to have 3 healthy, beautiful babies. He was very cautious with my pregnancies and I am absolutely sure I would not have my children today without his expertise. He is incredibly capable and talented and he sticks up for you when you are unable to stick up for yourself. During my second delivery, the anesthesiologist casually told me I would not be able to have an epidural because one of my lab levels was too high. I could not even speak because I was crying so hard. Dr. Bills left the room and returned in just a few minutes. Within an hour I had my epidural. I am a pharmacist and I recommend Dr. Bills to all my patients who need an OB/GYN. In doing so, I risk my reputation if my patients are not happy with him. That's how much I trust him.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2012

I had (2) visits with this doctor: Dr Bills was very clinical and sterile in his bed side manner. He gave me a thorough examination and determined that I needed a hysterectomy. As I was lying there half naked on the exam table, I requested a consultation with him in his office where I could collect my thoughts and be fully clothed and he refused. I was devastated at the news of the necessary surgery and could not collect my self. He left the examination room and I burst into tears feeling as though I had no answers, no direction, no one to talk to. This was my doctor! I asked him to exam my body and as I lay there with no support what so ever he coldly tells me NOTHING about the procedure nor does he dignify me with the option of going into his office so that I may collect my thoughts and ask him some questions that are by that time very scary for me to ask. I left his office feeling let down and when I explained how I felt after the exam, his office staff discharged me as a patient.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2011

Dr. Bills was able to do my hysterectomy with just one incision in my belly button. Another doctor wanted to go through my c-section incision, and another wanted to use a robot and make four incisions. He even called me at home after the surgery to make sure I was ok.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2011

Dr. Elbridge F. Bills's Credentials

• Emory Univ Sch Of Med, Atlanta Ga 30322 (Grad. 1989)

MSP/BC Med