Ratings for Dr. Lynette M. Furukawa

Dr Furukawa was the no nonsense knowledgeable real world Doctor I needed having not been to an OBGYN for 17 years. She made it clear from the get go that I needed to be serious about my health or I should seek "help" elsewhere. A visit later, she ushered me into her back office and with compassion, a genuinely concerned face and lowered voice, that I had advanced breast cancer. So Sad, and auwe for those that want something else in a good Dr....

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

She scolded me for having sex while unmarried. It's my choice to have sex and without protection. She was really rude. I'll never go back to her anymore.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2013

I took abuse from Dr Furukawa for at least 20 years, don't know why. The first time she gave me an internal pelvic she was horrible telling me that I wasn't relaxed enough. I overlooked it because I thought it was her raging hormones (she was pregnant at the time). The second time she was rude to a few years later, again very condescending and she scolded me for not taking any notes or writing anything she was saying down. Excuse me, I thought the MD ws supposed to do that. This last visit was the final straw--she asked me the dosage of my medication and I just flat out couldn't remember. So she said to me in a very supercilious manner: "you're just guessing and I don't have time for this!" Literally spat it out at me. Believe me, won't be back there again. Would rate her a zero for bedside manner and told her so.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2011

Staff not friendly. My appointment time was 2pm. I arrived at 1:55pm. MD arrived at exam room 2:43pm. Very straight up about not having enough time with you (I'm curious because no one else was in the waiting room). Terrible bedside manner. Very condescending. I inquired about an OB/GYN matter not related to why I saw the doctor and she told me to "look it up, it's not your problem right now and I don't have time to go over something with you that you can find on the internet". Definitely not seeing her again and do not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2011

Dr. Lynette M. Furukawa's Credentials

• University Of Hawaii John A. Burns School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)