Ratings for Dr. Jeannie Cameron, Deceased

She delivered my first born child. It was when she was an intern and I thought she was so great and I owe so much to her. God bless her. She gave me a miracle and I have tears in my eyes as I write this message.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

RIP Jeannie 😥 She saved my life & she was her own being , ppl rate you without knowing she was only human , a hard workin woman with her own troubles .. May the angels be with you Dr.Cameron

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

I believe that this doctor needs to retire. Often, she is not a nice person, her bad moods often get the best of her.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2012

she is our family doctor from few years. Occasionally went to other docs when she was not available. She is very good, and has her own qualities like "to the point answer". Very professional.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2012

I went to see Dr. Cameron late last week for pains in the lower abdomen. She did nothing. I ended up going to emerg because the pain was much worse. Had to see Dr. Cameron again for a follow up. The tests done at the hospital were not back, but she was sure to tell me that if I have an STD then anti-biotics will take care of it, since I had a miscarriage more than a year ago I did not need extra tests to check for damage in my uterus or tubes, and I can call for the results next week, but if every thing is ok then I should see my family doctor (2.5 hours way because I moved) with any further concerns... THE DOOR WAS OPEN THE ENTIRE TIME and there are now several university students who think I have an infection that I do not have. I will never see this woman again!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2012

I used to live in Halifax where the doctors are so over worked that they really don't care about you at all. You are just a number to them. I moved to Antigonish and I was treated like gold by Dr.Cameron. She took me and my little family on right away. She has been extremely caring and helpful. Her bedside manner it kind of sucky I admit. She's very blunt and to the point, but I kind of appreciate that. I'm not there to talk about the weather and how the kids are...I'm there to talk about my health concerns! I think she's extremely smart, and talented. She listens to what you've got to say, and never interrupts. She's great with my 1 year old as well. She's fast with the needles. Baby doesn't even know she's had them. She makes my child laugh and smile. Jeanie is a great doctor and I count myself very lucky to have her as my family doc.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2011

Dr. Cameron has been my doctor for many years. She is a wonderful physician, very knowledgeable and thorough.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2010

I went in for a PAP test because I was with a new sexual partner. To protect myself and my boyfriend, I went and got the test, which is the responsible thing to do. I had gotten one PAP that year already, so the doc lectured me about coming in too many times. I explained that I had switched sexual partners and she told me I was ruining the system by having sex with a different person then coming in to check for diseases later. She made me feel like dirt. I also wanted to talk to her about my anti-depressants, but after she lectured me about sex I was way too uncomfortable to tell her about the anti-depressants. Turns out my PAP came back with irregular cells. All infections ruled out..so I've got to go for more tests to determine whether I have cervical cancer. Doc also didn't even show up to work until 45 minutes after her first appointment. the whole waiting room of people just waited for her to stroll in.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2010

Went to her to confirm my pregnancy, which we were so excited about, and get the routine bloodwork set up ... and come to find out about 2-3 days later, she forgot to ask for the pregnancy test. Nice to know I can trust her with my health and my babies when she can't even remember to order a pregnancy test, which is why I was there in the first place. Unacceptable from a doctor with her experience.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2010

Very blunt and to the point but easy to make laugh when you get to know her - most people either really like her or really hate her - I really like her!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2009