Ratings for Dr. Shamal Wijay

Dr Wijay has been my family doctor for years and he is amazing! Truly knowledgeable, very caring, and always accessible even for emergencies. Always makes sure he gives you the right treatment by doing lots of research and always follows up to see how you are. AWESOME GUY!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

Dr. Wijay is simply excellent. Efficient, knowledgeable, provides options on treatment routes. I've been seeing him for over 15 years and will stick with him until he retires.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

I really like Dr Wijay. Very good doctor. Listens to what I have to say and always gives me xcellent advice. Very knowledgeable and easy going. The reception staff need some guidance as they are a very sour bunch. Rarely a smile. It's a large clinic. Very nice inside providing a pleasant work environment. Perhaps the staff need simple customer service training. I'd suggest hiring a consultant to improve that.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Dr. Wijay is an excellent human being, very knowledgable and very thorough, Dr. Wijay thank you for being a good doctor, your diagnosis is always right and I feel safe. I will recommend him to anyone

flag | Submitted April 23, 2017

Dr. Wijay is a excellent doctor. Very thorough and detailed. Doesn't guess, and researches as needed to ensure he is giving patient the proper treatment. He has everything on computer and this makes it easy for him to review ones history, without fail. Serious, pleasant and all his lights are on! No hesitation at all to say he is the best Doctor I have had, ever!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

Dr. Wijay has been my doctor for 20 years. Enough said. Don't expect much warmth from the reception staff though. Lastly, I find it somewhat insensitive that one has to explain the reason for the visit within earshot of other clients.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

I have been a client of dr.wijays since I was a child. Since before he was in this clinic. I am so happy with him as a doctor and he is very knowledgable and has always taken care of me and given sound advice. The place he is at now charges incredible amounts of fees and I was so disappointed when he prescribed me time off due to mental health I was charged $18 for a doctors note and $50 for paperwork for my insurance. It's really too bad as it leaves me feeling like they're taking advantage because of course you're going to pay it cause you'll lose more if you don't get the insurance papers filled out by a physician. Love Dr Wijay not so much Family First Health right now.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

Dr.wijay the best he very patient and humorous i highly recommend him to anyone

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

Dr. Wijay is the best Doctor! He has been my family's family Doctor for over 5 years now, and I have nothing but good words to say. He is always there to listen to anything that is wrong, and he diagnoses it well. Smart guy, really approachable and funny, and an overall nice man. His staff is very rude and arrogant, but none the less, he is GREAT! Pretty busy Doctor, so make sure you book an appointment with him in advance!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

went there when i was coughing for about a week was so eager to go home barley checked then the next day went to a walk in clinic and said i had bronchitis looking for another family doctor but sadly it looks like very few in orleans are accepting new patients

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016