Ratings for Dr. Paul N. Smith

I went to this practice for my 3rd pregnancy which was high risk after my 2nd pregnancy ended in stillbirth at 40 weeks. The receptionist Leigh is awesome and greeted me by name every appointment. The ultrasound techs are amazing, especially Jaime. Abby is super, I wish I could have had her for delivery. Dr. Smith is arrogant with a god complex. His bedside manner is terrible. I ended up with a csection that I'm not entirely sure was justified. Dr. Biz did my section and for the way the situation turned out he did a good job and was very respectful. Overall I wouldn't return to this practice or recommend them.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2019

Ask on the phone if all your scheduled appointments will be with this doctor! You might see him ONCE! This is not an exaggeration! Doctors that care about their patients do not operate like this. You get passed off over and over and if you ask to see him again you are told too bad and that's how they run their practice.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Dr. Smith and the people at OBGYN are the kindest, most dedicated practice imaginable. Dr. Smith walked me through a very complicated pregnancy with the highest level of skill and compassion. There are not words to describe the great doctor that I think he is. Further, the people in the front office, the nurses, and the ultrasound people were always available, caring, and went out of their way to give any help they could. I would never have made it through the complicated pregnancy without all of them and their nurturing and support. I often think the people at this practice are angels in disguise, and I feel blessed to have found them. They have my highest recommendation.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

Watch out for the older receptionist..shes so rude and unprofessional! As for Dr. Smith he is a nice man however dont plan on seeing him again after your first visit. Unfortunately every time I went to this office I saw someone different and the only one that really cared and knew me was Abby. She is great and should start her own practice else where. I feel going to dr. Smiths office caused me stress..theres lack of communication and I ended up having a very scary delivery (c-section) because of it! Also as a warning lyndsy is horrible..

flag | Submitted November 29, 2014

I felt very comfortable throughout my entire experience.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

Dr. Smith himself amazing. Be prepared to deal with a rude front office staff an lack of communication. Im a high risk pregnancy an with that come stress the ladies in the front were rude to me every time I called. If you dont like your job leave there are plenty of wonderful people who would love it. We needed to start shots for my hormones as soon as possible but because of lack of communication it wasn't started till late unreasonable risk. Good luck

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

Dr. Smith is an absolute gem. He has never appeared to be rushed, and spends plenty of time making sure to answer all my questions and really give me a lot of information about whatever is going on.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

Dr Smith is a lifesaver, he diagnosed my endometriosis, referred me to the right specialist at an Army post as I was getting married at the time and he ensured my care was top notch! I appreciate all he does for me, he is very informative, ensures confidentiality is met, cares about you and that you understand! I highly recommend him!!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

I have seen dr smith for all three of my pregnancies. He has this ability to make you feel as though you are his only patient... Our conversations and my treatment is genuine and tailored to me specific need! I love his staff I feel comfortable with all if them. Even if I am not sched to to see Dr. Smith he usually makes it a point to see me even if he's just saying hello. During my delivery he was extremely patient and waited to have me start pushing until my body and baby was ready! I am due to deliver any day now and I know this sounds strange but I look forward to having him delivery the baby!!!!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2014

Dr. Smith is wonderful. Unfortunately you MIGHT see him once during your entire pregnancy. His staff is moody and unhelpful. The receptionist have never smiled to greet me and they always seem annoyed when anyone goes to the front desk. The nurse that I usually get is rude, blunt and makes me feel abnormal because I don't think she is funny. My first visit was with a fill in Dr. who was in a rush, didn't know what I was there for and didn't want to answer any of my questions. I didn't get to ask any questions until 10 weeks, almost out of the first trimester. This is my first pregnancy and I've been completely in the dark in what they are doing with my care. I haven't gotten any explaination of any of the tests. I'm in my second trimester, have not yet seen Dr. Smith (not since before I was pregnant) and I'm considering finding a new OB/GYN.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2013

Dr. Paul N. Smith's Credentials

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Bangor, ME