Ratings for Dr. Tama L. Franklin

I wouldn't go to any other doctor. You are not just treated like a number, but as a person. Yes, you may have to wait, but that!s because she gives each patient attention, talks to them, asks questions, finds out about the family not just medical problems.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

My wife had a pretty terrible experience with Dr. Franklin and her staff. We pay so much money for prenatal care that I expect to be treated well. The wait for a schesuled appointment is usually 2 hours. Im a fast reader if you are as well dont bring one book: bring two. We made an emergency appointment once and alwere instructed to come into Dr. Franklins office where we waited for an emergency then were treated like we were stupid. They told us theyd take a bl9od test then when it didnt happen we asked if they would and they asked us "what wpuld we take a blood test for?" I almost laughed because I'm not the doctor. They didnt even take my wife's blood pressure so we left and went to urgent care. We were drequently skipped at our scjesuled appointments. This is a huge part of wjat made the wait so long. We were skipped an even half of the times that I syarted paying attention. Our nurse was rude and Dr. Franklin frequently forgot prescriptions, didnt tell us about health risks, would forget treatments and speak in a scatterbrained manner. Shes very kind and very personable but I got the impression that she ia stretvjed far too thin. Im not angry and I know that bad reviews can hurt but I wouldn't recommend this doctor and I hope that this review helps her office manage patients better and pay more attention to the patient. Thats what this is all about isn't it?

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

Very long wait 1-3 hrs and she seems to practice medicine for a while and tends to stick to only her way of practice and not really that compromising. The wait to see her is very

flag | Submitted December 11, 2013

I love Dr.Franklin and wish my insurance was not switching to St.Johns so I could stay with her. She is so helpful to calm all of your fears. This is my first pregnancy so I have had so many questions. She has always taken her time to explain to me what is going on with my pregnancy and comfort my fears. I would recommend her any day. Totally worth the wait to see her.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2011

Dr. Franklin is an amazing OBGYN. She takes time with each patient. I would honestly feel like I am her only patient if it weren't for the wait for her, but I know that is only because she is giving other patients the same personal attention that she gives me. So for that, I will continue to wait for her because I absolutely trust her with me and my babies. She has incredible instincts, but takes the time to discuss options and allows you to make your own decisions on your care. She is definitely worth the wait!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2011

Dr. Franklin is great. She is kind and so patient. She asked me several times each appointment if I had any questions and was sincerely interested in answering them. She was open to trying new ideas and I felt like a partner in my care. I definitely recommend her if you are willing to wait (only because she is giving everyone the time they need). Bring a good book!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2009

Very nice, down to earth personality. Spends a lot of time with you and makes sure to answer all of your questions. She gets to know her patients on a personal level.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2008

I've been seeing Dr. Franklin for 8 years now and she's great. The reason it's so hard to get an appointment is because everyone loves her. Great ancillary staff too.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2008

Dr. Tama L. Franklin's Credentials

• University Of Missouri, Columbia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)