Ratings for Dr. Raid Shahid

Mixup with transcript service had my diagnosis delayed by a month but Doc(Front Desk) took charge in getting me an MRI after intense shoulder/arm pain continued. Helpful and soft-spoken and reminds me of Doc from .back to the Future. :) Great office though very tiny due to antiquated building!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

Doctor is really good. The receptionist Lorena is a total female dog. She will yell at you and hang up the phone if you what so ever "talk to her wrong". She is never at work when she is suppose to be and she never answers the phone! Please Doctor shahid get a new receptionist. Your current one sucks alot.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

My relationship with Dr. Shahid is long - some 35+ years. He was then and is now the only "Bone Doc" I trust. Since my first knee surgery, in 1977, I have enjoyed life to the fullest. Can never be a carpet layer - but then I never wanted to be. Bravo to Doctor Shahid for his dedication to the medical profession. He was the only one to discover the issues I had with my knees.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2011

Dr. Shahid did 2 Total Hip Replacements and both had to be redone. ! hip he put in too loose and when I complained about it popping out of place he said to not worry it was just a liitle loose, I had it pop out over 15 times and I would collapse onto the ground and have to manipulate it back into place again( I was in much agony) I am so very happy that he no longer has surgery privledges, I thought very long about suing him for the pain and suffering I went through and am glad he cant do to others what he did to me. As I write this I am waiting for my 5th surgery and am under 50 years old

flag | Submitted September 21, 2010

saw twice. less than 8 minutesboth app. total after long waits. Seemed like he quoted a statement word for word of the wcb worker what would happen to me with out even looking at injury. Told me I was wrong that there was no pain (??pretty sure its pain im feeling)told me suck it up and work. I drive but was on crutches. 10 months later still off. May not need surgery in end but felt frustrated and demeaned after visit.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2010

I was referred to Dr Shahid only to find out he no longer does surgery. This was a waste to time and I'm still waiting to see a surgeon that operates on shoulders.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2010

8 years ago I tore my left miniscus cartiledge (bucket handle tear) playing with my kids. I was unable to walk and was recommended to Dr. Shahid by my family Dr. I waited 2 weeks to see him, but he then was able to fast track my surgery and I was in surgery in a week! I was walking again 3 weeks after my injury and playing ice hockey 4 months later! Last year I had a similar injury to my right knee, but this time at work. Again, Dr. Shahid was my surgeon. This was dealt with through WCB and within a month I had an MRI and surgery and walking again in no time. Both my knees work fine and no scarring. I found Dr. Shahid to be very helpful. His explanations were easy to understand and I am very happy with the results. I am back to playing with my kids , coaching Fastpitch and playing hockey this coming season. I had a very good experience with him and his receptionist. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2009

I had an ACL Surgery that has had problems since day one.I have a 6 inch scar on my leg and found out a year ago that the I have a severe miniscus tear that should have been taken care of at the time of the original surgery.Now I have to have another surgery! I was unfortunately recommended to Dr. Shahid again for the tear. I waited 8 months this time for my MIR only to discover that I waited an extra 2 months because the receptionist at the office lost my file.Not only did she not apologize, but was rude. I am in the process of trying to find another doctor.Dr. Shahid himself was always very nice, so it is unfortunate that I have to give him such a bad review. But it has been 7 years, and I have had nothing but pain and heartache.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2008

Did the surgery on my son's arm. Was very helpful, and we didn't have to wait at all for our appointments. Although, the lady at the front desk was very rude.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2008

sent his notes out for typing for 3 weeks at a time, so when I came in for a follow up I had to re-fresh his memory as to what was wrong because he didn't have his notes. He didn't order x-rays or mri but referred me to rheumatologist. I got a private mri, saw another surgeon & had surgery.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2008