Ratings for Dr. Peter Vaktor

Without going into specific details this was my regular doctor for quite some time. If your problem is a bad cold then this doctor won't put you into a potentially life threatening situation. Over the course of a few years my issues were typically either colds and flus until I finally had a far more serious problem. When the doctor examined me he told me not to worry at all, that I had a benign symptom that would resolve itself in the near future. Suffice it to say that my symptom did not resolve itself but became progressively more concerning. After a period of time I felt a sense of panic because my instincts were telling me that I was misdiagnosed. Fortunately, I trusted my gut and within a relatively short period of time got a requisition for a critical test. That test confirmed that I had life-threatening disease that had to be dealt with immediately. Several well-respected doctors within my field of treatment confirmed to me that NO competent doctor worthy of being called a medical professional would ever have "guessed" at my health issue without the precaution of testing given my Gender and Age at that time. In a court of law I have no doubt that this doctor's decision to send me home without further investigation would be construed as gross negligence. I have read other reviews on this page and I am not surprised to see some of the harsh commentary. I honestly do not know if this doctor has learned anything from his mistakes during the course of his practice but, as a patient, you need to know the reality. This is an honest and truthful review. Thank you.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2018

Dr. Vaktor and his assistant, Miriam, are fantastic. Always responsive, punctual, organized. Always return calls. My husband is 80 and has a couple of serious health issues. Dr. Vaktor listens attentively and takes the time to respond and answer questions. He personally phoned our pharmacist on a couple of occasions when the pharmacy was giving us a hard time. Excellent gentleman.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

Awful doctor. Doesn't seem to care about his patients. He is very dismissive of your concerns. Worst of all, he doesn't seem to be up to date on current medical knowledge. I asked him to include STD tests on my yearly blood tests. When i looked at the prescription, he didn't include Chlamydia or Gonorrhea. When I asked why, he replied that you can't test for that in urine. You can only test if there are symptoms - which is FALSE! He claims the only way to test for it is to do a culture. In fact, testing is done on urine samples using DNA testing. I know because i've had it done several times and have had positive results once. He was also dismissive of my concerns when i mentioned my Osteopaths thoughts on an issue I have with my wrists. Stay away from this doctor.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2018

Incompetent, lackadaisical. Dr. Vaktor simply doesn't care about his patients. His go-to diagnosis for a myriad of ailments and symptoms is "old age". Furthermore, he likes to book separate appointments for separate health complaints, so he can get extra swipes your Medicare card ($$$). This man should retire and take up scuba diving full time, as he no longer has any passion for his profession (to the detriment of his trusting patients). Also, his longtime secretary is overly inquisitive and prying about private health matters.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2018

I stopped seeing "doctor" Vaktor, when he let me know that my symptoms were due to getting older. During the last visit, he spent more time on the phone talking about golf or investments than listening to me.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

My husband saw Dr. Vaktor regarding a pain in his prostate. Dr. Vaktor gave him a physical exam, and told him it was, "Probably swelling due to riding on his motorcycle" and sent him home without further testing. Now 6 months later, we've gone for a second opinion and he has nodules on his prostate. I can't help but wonder what would have happened if we had not gone for this second opinion. Dr. Vaktor is an unethical, condescending, and downright lazy GP who could not care less about his patients' well being. My suggestion is he retire since his passion for this job died a long time ago. He has a god-like complex and diagnoses his patients based solely on his hunch, without probing any further. Our second opinion from Dr. Andonian was light years better, and Dr. Andonian has recommended we undergo every test possible because he is thorough and does not want to take any chances. I will never go back to Dr. Vaktor and I do not recommend him to anyone, in fact I am so upset with his lack of ethics and skills that I was encouraged to come on this forum and write about it. PLEASE, if he tries to self-diagnose just by looking at you, go for that second opinion. Listen to the little voice that says, "but what if he's wrong??". I thank my stars I didn't take him seriously.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

T'es très à l'écoute du patient et très disponible

Submitted November 22, 2016

The best, the best The best, the best The best, the best The best, the best The best, the best

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

Yes, dr. Vaktor is punctual and can prescribe drugs and write referrals but be very, very careful about listening to his diagnosis. My whole family has been under his care for over 5 years and we always joked that he seemed very unconcerned about most of our concerns. Well, it was only funny until it got scary. Last week my dad went to see him with serious chest pains. Dr Vaktor measured his blood pressure which was off the charts. My dad is over 50 and is a smoker with high cholesterol - all of which is well known to dr. Vaktor. Yet instead of sending my dad to the ER he told him he doesn't believe it's serious but stress related. He prescribed him some drugs for his blood pressure and told him to come see him in two week if symptoms persist. Well, good thing we didn't listen to him because it's been barely a week and my dad had an emergency angioplasty to put stents in as he was immediately diagnosed with unstable angina at the hospital with 80% blockage in one artery. Appalling!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2014

I have been fortunate to have been Dr. Vaktor's patient for the last 25 years. He and his assistant, Miriam make an excellent team, always helpful and available when needed. Dr. Vaktor is an excellent and caring diagnostician and has always taken the time to explain any and all my concerns. I have never felt rushed or ignored. He is one of the few doctors that I met who actually promptly returns calls and lets you know the results of tests that were done.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2013