Ratings for Dr. Peter Vaktor

I stopped seeing "doctor" Vaktor, when he let me know that my symptoms were due to getting older. During the last visit, he spent more time on the phone talking about golf or investments than listening to me.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

My husband saw Dr. Vaktor regarding a pain in his prostate. Dr. Vaktor gave him a physical exam, and told him it was, "Probably swelling due to riding on his motorcycle" and sent him home without further testing. Now 6 months later, we've gone for a second opinion and he has nodules on his prostate. I can't help but wonder what would have happened if we had not gone for this second opinion. Dr. Vaktor is an unethical, condescending, and downright lazy GP who could not care less about his patients' well being. My suggestion is he retire since his passion for this job died a long time ago. He has a god-like complex and diagnoses his patients based solely on his hunch, without probing any further. Our second opinion from Dr. Andonian was light years better, and Dr. Andonian has recommended we undergo every test possible because he is thorough and does not want to take any chances. I will never go back to Dr. Vaktor and I do not recommend him to anyone, in fact I am so upset with his lack of ethics and skills that I was encouraged to come on this forum and write about it. PLEASE, if he tries to self-diagnose just by looking at you, go for that second opinion. Listen to the little voice that says, "but what if he's wrong??". I thank my stars I didn't take him seriously.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

T'es très à l'écoute du patient et très disponible

Submitted November 22, 2016

The best, the best The best, the best The best, the best The best, the best The best, the best

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

Yes, dr. Vaktor is punctual and can prescribe drugs and write referrals but be very, very careful about listening to his diagnosis. My whole family has been under his care for over 5 years and we always joked that he seemed very unconcerned about most of our concerns. Well, it was only funny until it got scary. Last week my dad went to see him with serious chest pains. Dr Vaktor measured his blood pressure which was off the charts. My dad is over 50 and is a smoker with high cholesterol - all of which is well known to dr. Vaktor. Yet instead of sending my dad to the ER he told him he doesn't believe it's serious but stress related. He prescribed him some drugs for his blood pressure and told him to come see him in two week if symptoms persist. Well, good thing we didn't listen to him because it's been barely a week and my dad had an emergency angioplasty to put stents in as he was immediately diagnosed with unstable angina at the hospital with 80% blockage in one artery. Appalling!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2014

I have been fortunate to have been Dr. Vaktor's patient for the last 25 years. He and his assistant, Miriam make an excellent team, always helpful and available when needed. Dr. Vaktor is an excellent and caring diagnostician and has always taken the time to explain any and all my concerns. I have never felt rushed or ignored. He is one of the few doctors that I met who actually promptly returns calls and lets you know the results of tests that were done.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2013

Very nice Doctor but never seems to be to interested to what you have to say. Everything is always downplayed. No matter what are my worries he never seems to be too interested and gives me answers without even properly examining me.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2013

Dr. Vaktor has been my GP for about 4 years. He does not seem to care or want to care about anything you have to say. Appointments usually last 6 minutes. The straw that broke the camel's back is as follows: I felt something wrong with my male anatomy so I gave his office a call. After a week with no call back I decided to go to a clinic. The doctor there ordered an ultrasound to done ASAP. That got done a week later. The results were sent to both Dr Vaktor and the clinic doctor. The clinic called me the night they received the results telling me I had to come to see them the next day. They then referred me to a Uro-oncologist. It turns out that the tumour was testicular cancer. It was removed 1 week after. Dr. Vaktor called while all this was going and left a message saying that my condition was a benign tumour.I'm 1 positive blood test away from chemotherapy but it's a benign tumour! I guess the oncologist does not know what he's talking about!?! STAY AWAY!!!!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2013

he does not show any interest in any ailments. i went to him with sore feet he told me without looking that it was my shoes when i said no it cant be i just bought these and i have had this numbness in my toes for a couple of months he refused to listen and repeated "wear running shoes" i went back suffering after 6 months and purposely wore othopedic shoes.He did not looked at my feet i didnt take off my shoes and he did not get up from behind his desk. it took a bit of fighting with him to send me to a foot doctor. it was explained because I was diabetic the nerves in my feet are not working .Also when it was discovered through a blood test i was diabetic, miriam called and told me. i asked her does the doctor want to see me she said no just give me your pharmacy number and go pick up pills.i asked him at my next visit should i see a diabetic doctor or a nutruitionist so i know what i should eat ect he said no just go to ind up the street and buy a book on diabeties

flag | Submitted November 25, 2012

Dr. Peter Vaktor is a sweet and polite person, always ready to help. His secretary Miriam is also a very helpful person and receives always with a smile and has a listening hear.Thanks God for them. Please never retire !

flag | Submitted June 13, 2012