Ratings for Dr. Elisa E. Burns

I have been going to doctor Burns for almost 30 years, and now my daughter goes to Dr Burns as well. She is a wonderful, caring thorough doctor, and I highly recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

Doctor Burns is a brilliant doctor. Her approach to medicine is science-based and evidence based. Her adept knowledge base and experience is exactly what I rely on. She trained along side some of the best doctors in the United states- one of whom saved the quality of my life. Those who complain about her scientific manner are unappreciative of the very nature of her excellence. She is one of the leading doctors in the United States and I am lucky to be able to be able to have her as my obgyn.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

This physician is egotistical and self-centered beyond words. She doesn't listen to the patient unless what the patient says just happens to agree with her opinion. Avoid this doctor.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2014

Dr. Burns is a talented, caring physician who say me through 3 miscarriages followed by a healthy pregnancy. She's a wonderful doctor and surgeon.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2013

Amazing surgeon who was very attentive to my problems. Don't understand the other reviews. Must be a disgruntled pt.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2012

I wish I read the previous reviews..poor bedside manner, rush job, did not give me an exam with light and spectulum, just two finger probe, made a major mistake when I requested her to submit mammo and ultrasound..said there was no ultrasound record in computer. Refused to look at my paper copies.had to call my pcp to get my order for my ultrasound..had tests yesterday..if I weren't my own advocate, I could have died of cancer..lump found on ultrasound..not mammo!! Answered phone when I was in her office..I called her to let her know of my disappointment. I was professional and polite..she was rude and kept repeating in a threatening tone..I don't want to argue with you! I don't want to argue with you! All I was verbalizing was that maybe she had an off day, that I deserved an appropriate exam, and that if I wanted a pap she couldn't refuse me, even though I do not have a cervix...she was so so rude...like she has been coached by lawyers for this lack of malpractice! Run for the hills

flag | Submitted December 15, 2011

Extremely disappointed with rushed appointment and inattentive manner, especially after seeing top doc promo displayed prominantly on exam room wall. She did not seem to have reviewed my past history at all. She was also too easily willing to prescribe anti depressants when I mentioned feeling emotional ups and downs throughout my cycle. I left with a very unsettled feeling. I will not see her for any issue that needs diagnosing. She may be fine for the routine annual checkup.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2011

I was very impressed with my first visit to this doctor. She was punctual, friendly, well informed, asked pertinent questions and made me feel very at ease. I'm a woman in my 50's who has been the patient of many doctors, both good and bad. I would recommend this doctor very highly.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2011

Dr. Burns focuses on administration rather than medical care. She does not follow up and treat the whole patient. She does only what she absolutely has to do.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2011

Didn't even ask to fill out forms...Not even history...Also she is a know it all that knows nothing...Bad bedside manner...

flag | Submitted January 11, 2010

Dr. Elisa E. Burns's Credentials

• Columbia Univ Coll Of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 10032 (Grad. 1982)

Top Hospitals in Mount Kisco, NY