Ratings for Dr. Gerald M. Scholl

We loved Dr. Scholl and found him to be experienced and caring. We had a much better experience here than we did at the fertility clinic we used for our first child, where we saw a different provider at almost every appointment over the course of five cycles! I saw only Dr. Scholl the entire time, so he was intimately aware of what was going on for me at all times, following up personally, and ensuring the appropriate next steps were taken. He's straightforward, and some may take that to be "poor bedside manner" - but you get familiar with his style and personality very quickly and see he is a very caring and attentive person. He came recommended to us by a friend and I'm so glad we chose him. We got pregnant first cycle, and I truly felt he was invested in our success the whole way.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2018

poor bedside manner, condescending, flat out rude. I went in already knowing what was going on because I previously had to have fertility treatment to concieve my daughter (in 2015) and we wanted another child. Unfortunately due to insurance changes I could not go back to my original Dr. since i knew none of the drs at North Shore (and didnt do enough research) I just let them schedule me with him. He would ask me a question and then cut me off in the middle of my response. he insisted i go through ALL of the testing again including genetic even though i had just done it in my previous pregnancy not even 2 years prior. when he examined me, he didnt explain what he was doing at all and gruff about it when asked. he weighed me and told me that I was overweight and should lose some weight and then come back if i wasnt pregnant. Im about 40lbs overwight. He gave me no helpful information at all, just a bunch of scripts for blood work to be taken at varying points in my cycle. my husband hated him. we will not see him again.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

Condescending, insensitive bedside manner. He got unncessarily stern with me when I was naked and anxious., and then he did not explain what he was doing during a painful procedure. You deserve more respect and compassion than you will get from this doctor. Many of the office staff are professional, but there is one who does not respect confidentiality and seems judgmental, gossipy and immature.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

Dr. Scholl and his staff are wonderful. We could not have asked for a better experience.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

Dr. Gerald M. Scholl's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1973)