Ratings for Dr. Shonda M. Corbett

Dr. Corbett made me feel very comfortable for my first ever GYN visit. She took the time to explain and answer all questions. I would definitely recommend her and will continue to see her myself.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

I found out I was pregnant in March 2014 and continued to see my regular gyno office for prenatal visits - oBgyn Westide. I wasn't thrilled with the care from most of the doctors in the office and strongly considered switching practices about halfway through my pregnancy. Then I had my first appointment with Dr. Corbett (I believe she started at the practice around August). I immediately felt comfortable with her - she was so warm and open and willing to spend the time to answer any questions. I feel so lucky she's now a part of my ob's practice and I'm hopeful she will be the doctor on call when it's actually time to give birth! I would recommend her without hesitation to family and friends. On a side note, it seems the office also had a lot of turnover of the desk staff around Aug/Sept 2014, and the new staff has been a HUGE improvement in my opinion. They are much more friendly and courteous.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2014

I gave birth over 7 years ago, and fortunately only had to see a his doctor once, but it was a negative enough experience that it haunts me even now. I was in danger of delivering early due to my body's attempts to expel a HUGE tumor in my womb. Because of it, internal ultrasounds were useless, and my regular doctor only checked on my son externally. Dr. Corbett, working the late shift, did her rounds through L & D, and when she got to me, said she wanted to have a look at the baby. I agreed, and was shocked when she produced the vaginal probe. I explained why it wouldn't work as I had to other docs, who'd all listened. But Dr. Corbett said she was the doctor, and with no warning and as two interns, one male, looked on, she shoved the probe into me. I gasped and cried, feeling deeply helpless and violated. She had to take it out due to not being able to see my son, but apologized. What haunts me is that she seemed happy about it. Worst experience I have ever had with a doctor.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2013

Really bad experience with this doctor's office. My wife and I were looking for a doctor for her pregnancy. Found good reviews about this doctor and went for an appointment at her office on Amsterdam ave. First they sent her to the restroom to get urine sample, but the cups for the samples were in a bag together with used toilet paper and a used pad. We then waited 1.5 h and when we question the doctor's assistant she told us that one of the sonogram room was out of service. We did not scheduled for a sonogram and said explicitly in the begging that we have done that at another clinic. We also felt really discriminated, so if you are not a minority and are not willing to put up with the filthy clinic better look somewhere else.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2013

I really like Dr. Corbett. BUT, I wait over an hour every time I go to her office. It is insane. The staff used to be very helpful. But they've become rude recently. I can only image they are overworked as the office seems to have too many patients. I also have to call to request my test results instead of getting called by them when results are in.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2010

I love Dr. Corbett! I feel like she takes the time to listen to me, answers my questions, and is very knowledgeable about new developments in birth control, etc. I always feel comfortable talking to her, even about really personal, intimate issues. She is never judgmental and is always willing to go the extra mile. I have had some difficulty with the office staff, just in terms of actually getting someone on the phone. Frequently when I call, I get caught in a loop of waiting music that eventually hangs up on me. I usually count on having to call about three times before my appointment or question can be taken care of.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2009