Ratings for Dr. Pak H. Chung

Quite disappointed in Dr. Chung. I was a returning patient and he basically took my money and ran. I received no care from him and after multiple treatments where he didn't even monitor me or change things up - I was advised to give up. Well can someone give me 100k back?

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

dr Chung is amazing!!! The kindest and most knowledgable. You cannot ask for a better doctor!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

I do not believe that someone gives good rate for him. Did they write review by themselves? He and his assistants are terrible just thinking infertility is big business for them. They just think how they can take money from you. His nurses made so many mistakes. If you think your heath and money are important for you, then you should stay away from them. They do not care about you or result, care about your money. They are so cold.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

He did what no one else could. Twice and after stage 2 cancer!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2017

Dr. Chung and his staff specially Lilian is horrible, rude and very unprofessional. Their only goal is to take your money and not caring at all about your treatment. I have couple of failed IVF and IUI treatments from other facilities and have been recommended specialized IVF not the conventional ones that are all performed at big well known name hospital like Weill Cornell, Columbia, and NYU. I know a lot about IVF protocols because as I said before I've been going through infertility treatment for the last six years and very familiar with my diagnosis. So before I go in for my first consultation I asked his office if Dr. Chung specializes in other types of IVF ( like mini IVF for older patients) but his staff and Dr. Chung himself refuse to tell me and give me more info about his practices and the type of IVF he performs. They keep forcing me to go to my first consultation which costs $1200 out of pocket before they'll even consider telling me anything about Dr. Chung. I am not asking for a diagnosis over the phone all I'm asking is his credentials and his specialty so I know whether or not his the right doctor for me. I don't want to sit there and WASTE my money only to hear that he doesn't practice mini IVF. He wants me to give him all my money first before he divulges his credentials. That practice his criminal and his license should be taken away. Dr.Chung and his staff's main goal is only to take your money away and not help you. So for those who are new with the whole infertility treatment beware of this Doctor. He is not forthcoming, his website doesn't even say much about him and the types of IVF treatments he specializes in. He'll only tell you to keep trying when he know deep in his heart his treatment will only give you failure IVFs. The only reason he will tell you to keep trying and not recommend for you to seek other types of treatment is because he wants to take all your money. And shame on Weill Cornell for having this dishonest Doctor practice at your facility !

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

Dr. Chung is hands down the BEST doctor I have ever met in my life. His professionalism, care, attention to detail and follow-up is unmatched. If you're looking for a father figure or hugs, he is not the one for you. But if you're looking for a doctor with unsurpassed knowledge, professionalism, respect, dedication and patience for his patients, then he is the one for you. Dr. Chung will go the extra mile for you and always personally call you - even from Asia - to follow up on protocol or just to check in with you. After three years under Dr. Chung's care, including laparoscopy for endometriosis and ovarian cysts, hysteroscopy for uterine polyp, numerous IUI's, miscarriage and cancelled IVFs, Dr. Chung remained patient and steadfast in his care and always respected my wishes and decisions. I never felt pressured into any procedure. He always reminded me to stay "carefully optimistic" and that "it takes only one egg." Even when I continued to produce only one to three eggs with a high FSH we moved forward with IVF which resulted in a positive pregnancy and birth of my healthy baby girl. I cannot express enough how exceptional his level of care is. He is simply the BEST.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

Dr Chung and his nursing staff are cold and uncaring. They only out to make the money. Dont be fooled training at top universities please do state specifically not just Weill Cornell. If you note also its assistant professor not professor. Its frustrating to get a diagnosis thats rushed not explained slowly. I paid cash why cant I get the right amount time. Suggesting a treatment without explanation of risks is not helpful. The great reviews of him and his friendly staff is self written.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2015

Dr. Chung helped me get pregnant! But I have to say that while his nurses are great esp. Susan - his administrative office is terrible. I had an appointment canceled while I was waiting there b/c his staff told me he had to spend more time with his new patients - over a returning one. Makes me reconsider doing another cycle with him I must say.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

I went through 2 fresh and 1 frozen IVF cycle at Cornell and all were a total failure. I had given up on doing IVF but heard about Cornell taking on tougher IVF cases (I had no known issues I am one of the "unknown infertility" cases) so I called for an appointment and met with Dr Chung. He always met with me personally (at Columbia you get whoever is in the office that day), was quick to return my calls, always explained any procedure we were doing and was very patient and a great listener. My FIRST IVF cycle with Dr Chung I got pregnant and in December had a beautiful, healthy baby girl. I am forever grateful for Dr Chung and his staff - I love Dr Chung!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

Dr. Chung is amazing doctor with lots of caring passion and knowledge! Specially he doesn't have any netgative mind of old age wemon chances of doing IVF which is super rare and respectful in the reproductive industry! I went to Cornell for IVF but regretting not pick him be my doctor. Even though I was luckily met him when I doing my ultrasound, retrieval and transfer , result having a son, he did lot more than the WRONG doctor that I choose in the same hospital. The problem is once you pick yr doctor in Cornell , it's very difficult to switch another one, so anyone want to go for Cornell for a great ivf , pls do pick the doctor like Dr. Chung, it will make you process easier and biggest chance become pregnant!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

Dr. Pak H. Chung's Credentials

• Univ Of Hong Kong, Fac Of Med, Hong Kong (Grad. 1986)

AHC