Ratings for Dr. Garrick Leonard

Highly recommend Dr. Leonard. He is very kind, patient and knowledgeable. Also, really appreciate the practice - staff is super friendly and highly efficient. Grateful I found them in the big jungle of doctors in NYC.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2019

Dr. Leonard has been my doctor for over 17 years and he has been great!

flag | Submitted July 3, 2019

I had the most amazing birthing experience with Dr. Garrick Leonard! He delivered my baby girl on May 12, 2019 (Mothers Day). She came on her exact expected due date. Dr. Leonard was very professional and calm during my delivery which in turn allowed for me to not panic. He coached me through the pushing and my baby girl was out of the womb in 13 minutes flat! I had 2nd degree rip and he basically put me back together perfectly which made for a great healing process. As a first time mom, leading up to my labor and delivery I had TONS of questions during my doctors visits and he answered them all without hesitation. I shared my concern of wanting a nature birth and I felt heard by him. His staff were the best! Very personable and caring. There was never a long wait to be seen which is a huge plus! Also the hospital Dr. Leonard is affiliated with and where I delivered was NYP - Weill Cornell. What a beautiful hospital and amazing staff of nurses!! They took great care of me. Everyone was so professional, nurturing and helpful. One nurse sat forehead to forehead with me to help calm me when I was panicking about the pain of getting an epidural... and it ended up not hurting at all. They also taught my husband and I all the basics of taking care of a newborn from Breastfeeding, burping, how to properly hold, take the temperature etc. I am forever grateful for these women!! I will 100% be delivering my second baby at this hospital with Dr. Garrick Leonard!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2019

Very competent, patient, caring, professional. Made me feel confident that I’m in good hands!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2019

Very knowledgeable Dr. he was very supportive of a low intervention approach. He also delivered my daughter, although there were complications he helped her arrive in a safe low intervention manner.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2019

Excellent doctor. Involved in three of my pregnancy and deliveries. My primary doctor for two and on miscarriage. Performed a version on me with my other doctor who I changed to due to insurance reasons with my third. I love Dr Leonard. I have never felt in better care.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2018

After having read the below comments, I was very excited to book my first pregnancy appointment with Dr. Garrick. Unfortunately, he doesn't take on patients whose pregnancy hasn't been confirmed or aren't 8-10 weeks in the pregnancy already. I would love to have him as my doctor, but it seems that they work only with confirmed "business". Not the relationship we are looking for.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Dr. Leonard was my OB for my first pregnancy. I thought he was an excellent doctor! Prompt, direct, patient and took time to answer my questions. I really had a wonderful experience with him and he has a nice warm, bedside manner. I would have loved for him to deliver my baby, but sadly, he was not on call the day I delivered (7/8/14).

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

Great doctor. Worth traveling to NYC for. He explained my medical issues very well. Very patient and non-condescending.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2014

Dr. Leonard saw me through my entire pregnancy and delivered my first child. He is professional, respectful and he has a great sense of humor. I truly appreciated Dr. Leonard's expert advice and non-alarmist demeanor. I was induced when I was almost 2 weeks late and had a relatively quick labor with no major complications. I highly recommend Dr. Leonard and his entire practice!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

Dr. Garrick Leonard's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1987)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal