Ratings for Dr. D Rooyakkers

Dr. Dan has been our doc for years. He is calm and knowledgeable. We trust his advice. Never had a problem with him not following through with referrals. My kids like him - he's calm and friendly. Yes, you wait but that's pretty typical everywhere.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

Have had this doctor for years. He is very knowledgeable and experienced so trust that if he doesn't freak out about a symptom/my health then I don't need to either! Yes, he is not very punctual but unfortunately, this is the norm in our health care system. We need more docs and administrative support than we have. Blame the government.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2013

He is both my doctor and the doctor for the long term care facility my parent is in. I am constantly waiting from 15 minutes to 1 hour for my appointment. On 1 occasion he came back from lunch 1/2 hour later than my appointment then spent next 1/2 in the next office on a personal call. This is the norm with him! His care of my parent is appalling but we have no other option. Has never address any issue I have had with any viable solution. Have taken to seeing the nurse practioner who gives much more thorough care. Way too laid back, no real care or concern from him.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

Does not send in referrals to specialists within any sort of reasonable time...often have to follow up to see if completed. Believes his time is more important than his patients, as you can often here him chatting about his weekends and current events while you wait 20 minutes in his office. Either does not realize that the patient can here him, or does not care!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2013

Completely on the ball, I don't know where people get the 2 hour wait thing I am in within ten minutes max. It is also not any doctors fault that you have to wait 2-4 months to get an appointment, try blaming the liberals and gov't healthcare before the doctors there hands are tied on how many people they can see. If you want to fix it vote in another gov't.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2012

Spends all his time looking at his computer - doubt he knows who I am. If I question any thing, I'm neurotic.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2012

This guy needs to leave, like so many others have. It's bad enough waiting for weeks to get an appointment, waiting for 2 hours to see him and then being given little help. That whole place has gone to hell. I've had 3 different doctors in about 6 years there. Nobody wants to stay there. The place has gone from bad to worse. I'll be glad to get a new doctor when I move. Also, I don't think its just one doctors fault. The whole place is unorganized and the patients are the ones suffering for it.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2009

I realize we all have our limits but isn't amazing that we will go an amusement park which charges BIG bucks to get in and wait an hour or more in line to ride on a ride and think nothing of it but if we have to wait on a Dr. who has a busy practise, emergency call and in patient followup we become boligerant ( forgive my spelling), and a ridicule the Doctor. I feel Dr. Rooyekkers is doing the best that he is able, he takes time to assess and plan his care and has helped my familly many times. Thank you Dr. Dan. Shame on you who put him down. Walk a mile in their shoes. You might just change your tune.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2008

Without this doctor's frank advice, I wouldn't be here right now. I credit him with saving my life. As well, when dealing with an aging, and ailing, mother he took the time to again give me the information I needed in a caring and compassionate manner. I would recommend this doctor to anyone who wants the straight facts in a clear and concise manner.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2008

Poor bedside manner. Not very helpful at all.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2007