Ratings for Dr. Roberta F. Palestine

I wasted $1,800 on treatments that Dr Palestine assured me would result in some improvement. Before and after photos showed no improvement whatsoever and Dr Palestine sent her staff to inform me that I had lost $1,800 because I was not entitled to even a small or partial refund.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Palestine believing that she was the best dermatologist in D.C. I was shocked when spent a total of 2 minutes with me during my consultation and had no interest in listening to what I had to say. She immediately prescribed medication that made absolutely no difference (and interestingly, I had mentioned use of those medications before and how they were ineffective). I never went back for additional visits and changed doctors.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2015

Dr Palestine is the most awful doctor I have ever been to in my 50 years of life. She is rude, cold, careless and either just incompetent or she just dosen't care about her patients. Dr. Palestine scarred my face and I found out by three other dermatologists, including one in her own practice that the procedure she did on me is not something that is done on the first treatment. I tried having a conversation with her on the issue and she basically just left the room. Her office manager, Stu, is unprofessional and careless as well. Please stay away from this practice, there are so many others out there that have a all but good ratings.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2012

Stay away from the Germantown office. The young staff (specifically the PAs) there are super rude, egotistical and more importantly INEXPERIENCED...I went there simply b/c they are closer to home than the Bethesda office. I will never go back. Frustrated from years of facial, neck, chest and back acne problems and having taken every acne antibiotic there is, this 20 something PA walks in the exam room, sits down and says "she doesn't think my acne is that bad" and wants to try yet another antibiotic. She didn't even get out of her chair to examine my skin or look at my back acne. What? Are you serious? Long story short, I told her she didn't know what she was talking about, had a terrible bedside manner and asked for the office manager. Then I told the OM I wasn't paying for the "nothing" service I received. I was then scheduled to see a doctor in the Bethesda office. Maybe he/she will perform an actual exam and discuss real options with me. We'll see.. Never returning to G'Town Office

flag | Submitted October 18, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Palestine's for 30 years now and have NEVER had any problems. She has been continuously listed in the Top DC Doctors for about 10 years now. I have had numerous surgical procedures for basal cell carcinoma and she is absolutely awesome. She has the nickname "Dr. Featherfingers" from one of her patients because she is so gentle. I am a chicken and I NEVER feel a thing. I travel 2 hours in each direction to see her - won't see another soul. She is worth it. She is very attentive and calls me at home right away if I have a question.I have to wonder if it isn't one or two disgruntled patients writing all these comments. She is rated the tops everywhere else - check other websites. Her plastic surgeon/mohs dr., Dr. Yu (spelling?) is awesome, too. You will never see a scar. I am always seen at the Bethesda office - great customer service. Recently went to the Germantown office and did not like it.Young, rushed, & rude staff. Go to Bethesda office.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2011

My insurance company and I were charged when the doctor never toched me. I called the office to compain but I should have called my insurance company.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2011

Misdiagnosed me! I have cancer, not Rosacea. This supposed Doctor is abrupt & cold as stone personally, non-attending patients (her nurse spends more time with a patient than she does), she flits in for approx. 120 seconds & POOF! she's gone for the nurse to finish up. Her license should be pulled!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2010

AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL. Staff is rude, poorly trained and gives just plain wrong information plus kept me waiting for over an hour because they had misplaced my file. When I complained to Dr. Palestine, she said she wouldn't treat me because I was upset, even though I had been going there and putting up with her staff's incompetence for years. I will not go back. Additionally, the office refused to write me a refill prescription for a very routine steroid cream that had already worked for me yet at the same time could not get me on to the doctor's schedule for over a month. What are patients supposed to do?

flag | Submitted July 6, 2010

Please for your own HEALTH do not go see this woman. I went in for sclerotherapy treatment. 24 hours later I started to experience neurological issues. I'm not sure what she injected into me...probably some low grade junk from China. I thought I would treat myself for turning 30 and now I face a lifetime of neurological issues due to this one visit.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2010

1) Office staff rude. 2) No respect for privacy or HIPAA laws!!! 3) old and ugly exam rooms. 4) Did I mention rude staff?!? 5) They make you get naked and take your clothes off and don't even give you a gown! 5) I was so upset from every step that I didn't even want to wait to see the doctor. I was about to leave when the doctor came in and spent 3 minutes with me! 6) Never going back!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2009

Dr. Roberta F. Palestine's Credentials

• Univ Of Rochester Sch Of Med & Dentistry, Rochester Ny 14642 (Grad. 1978)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Germantown, MD